which top coat do you use and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
If I was geeky enough to set this up as a poll I would but I'm not so.........
I use L&p creative or NSI and so far have always used looks wet by creative as my top coat, how ever I bought a bottle at the last show and clients complaned of yellowing:eek: yes I've contacted head office and yes they are doing something about it but it got me wondering.....
I use looks wet because I like a high gloss finish to nails, its very fast drying and amazingly tough so what does everyone else use and why?

I like Out the Door and Seche Vite - both seem to last a while and are nice and glossy.

It varies, depending on the work I'm doing.
Sometimes I use Ez Flow UV30, sometimes Ez Flow Speed Finish.
I also use 2 Orly topcoats but I can't remember the names of them as they are at work:o
One is the fast drying and the other is the high shine.
Sorry I'm terrible with names sometimes!!

Super Shiney by Creative...its very glossy ..dries quick ..never gone yellow while i have used it ..and doesn't chip...xx

I use Creative super shiny because it does what its says & also polish seems to last double the amount of time when i use it.

Ive also got a bottle of Clinique Top coat which I use on myself & that is very glossy & has the wet look.

I like Out the Door and Seche Vite - both seem to last a while and are nice and glossy.
Are they both creative Lyndsey?

Do you mean over enhancements? I always buff mine up to a high shine, I don't put on a top coat, but if doing a manicure I generally use Super Shiney.

I also use 2 Orly topcoats but I can't remember the names of them as they are at work:o
I'm as bad and then I cant sleep untill I remember:irked:

Seche Vite every time, it puts a seal on the whole nail and lasts brilliantly, if I use rhinestones with it they don't come off until the next appointment... 2/3 weeks.
The shine on it is great! if you do try it get some seche thinner as the polish does get a bit thick after a while.

Lisa xx

well i always use a gel top coat over l/p. i've used a few different brands, currently i use pro tech by le chat.
i love the fact that its totally dry and no risk of smudging and so do they.
failing this i think tammy taylor A coat is a superb product for those who dont have a u.v lamp.

i use seche vite
out the door
and ezflow uv30 over my pink and whites

Are they both creative Lyndsey?

No, Seche Vite is Seche (Seche Inc. Nail and Skin Care Products) and Out the Door is available from Hyperion but is one of the other brands they do (INM - I think?)

Seche Vite - very shiny, very long-lasting and quite thick so great for setting rhinestones or overlaying on any art.

Out the Door, - very shiny, very quick-drying, but a thinner coat for when you don't want a thick top coat.

I like Orly In a Snap, quick drying and brilliant for clumsy clients,
Orly Glosser, for that wet look, high shine

and Iv just got Essie to go which is a quick drying top coat, although not tried yet!

I use Super Shiney or somethimes Air Dry, then a blast with the fantastic gorgeous smelling Solarspeed spray. I am going to try Out the Door when I can get hold of some.

i used to use looks wet but now i use super shiny by cnd very impressed

I use super shiny on P&W and out the door on polish - both creative

I use Ez Flows uv30 & Looks Wet, uv 30 over glitter acrylics is fantastic:)

hi folks

we use orly, in a snap-dries polish in minutes and needs to be broken down with a file to get off, orly wont chip, and it dont!!
NSI airshield very good........
i love ezflow uv30, smells like pear drops............mmmmmm could sniff that all day
Creative super shiney and speedy are great tooo

i use several...

i use 'Out of the Door' cos its VERY fast drying...

and ''Super shiney' cos its shiney....

i also use 'Looks wet' cos well.... erm.. it looks wet...!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

whats the ez flow that smells like pear drops, its the uv30 isnt it!!!!!:D

the orly ones are in a snap and wont chip, both good

Latest posts

Back