Which waxing system do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupy

Reaction score
I have been thinking of using the Phd system but notice on an earlier thread that some of you don't rate it - haven't bought anything yet so opinions wanted?

Hi
I have bought the PHD system. I will be mobile so I wanted something compact, tidy and easy to use. I have always struggled slightly with the pot and spatula at college and so far have found the PHD easy to use.

They include a demo video with the kit and also a voucher for free days product training which I intend to take them up on shortly.

hth:hug:

i have the Phd system and it works for me. Its great for mobile as theres no risk of splliage, and they have spatulas for eyebrows/upperlip etc. Everything is compact aswell, so you wont forget anything!
I would definatey advise the training as you do need to use it like they recommend to get the best results etc.
Goodluck x

Oh, forgot to say that you can also buy (from Ellisons) a black case which fits the whole kit, spare gloves and tissue boxes, after care leaflets, tweezers etc in. In fact my case has everything I need for waxing stuffed in there - lovely and compact and as Eager Beaver says theres no risk of forgetting anything then. :)

I have been thinking of using the Phd system but notice on an earlier thread that some of you don't rate it - haven't bought anything yet so opinions wanted?
I found the Phd system expensive and had to put the costs on to my clients. I ended up selling mine eventually on ebay. It has its benefits but I was not all that admiring of it.
I am from the old method of waxing. I use a pot of water-soluble wax, a wooden spatula per client; sanitize your self and client. Analyse the skin your about to treat to make sure it is in a healthy state and change the collar of the wax machine every few clients. If you do a bikini wax I suggest you use just enough wax for the procedure. Very simple whilst the wax is warm and you have a extra empty wax container pour what you need in there and when your done throw away the little amount that is left but don’t forget to properly clean out the container for future use. Experience will tell you how much wax to pour into the empty container that sits in the wax machine. Make sure you always sanitize yourself and your client before you start any procedures. Oh and if your mobile even easier to use, just need a microwave to warm up the wax. Touch wax to inside wrist to check before using on clients.

Abby

Advanced Pro Esthetician

I was considering getting the Phd system so I bought the Jpod to give it a try. I really didn't get on with it, so I asked the Ellisons area manager to demonstrate it. Well, after seeing how quick and easy it is when you've got the training and a bit of experience, I have to say I'm well and truly converted. So I shall be investing in it as soon as I can afford it.

I use the clean and easy roller wax system and i think it is brill hth

I use Clean & Easy as well - lovely system to use and easy to clean. Not so keen on their wax so use Hive cartridges.

I also use the pHd wax system and really like it. I like the fact it's compact, easy to clean and I don't worry about cross contamination. I also like the pre and after wax lotions.

I love my pot and spatula method. I've used the cartridge system and didn't like it. I'm much faster with the pot and stick.

I use Depileve strip waxing with pot melter. I love it, i don't like rollers and with the spatula i can cover the desired areas better. I love their waxes as pre and post waxing creams gels and oils. My clients also say they don't feel as much pain and that they don't develop a reaction as severe as they are used to.

I have been using the PHD wax for over 9 years now and I wouldn't use anything else its so hygienic .

Rubyx

I use the Australian Bodycare TT waxing system, similar to PHD in application. The tubes sit in a pot shaped heater.
I found that when I used the PHD system, the wax was too tacky for my liking, ABC wax is so gorgeous to use.
Also my PHD heater split at the front. The same thing happened with my stepmothers (also a therapist.) They may have changed the design slightly now, but it was obviously slightly flawed at first.

Australian Bodycare UK Ltd in category Wax/Sugaring Products

I have been using the phd system as soon as i had done my pot & spatula training and i have to say i think it is brilliant. I also had no problems with the pot and spatula system but the phd system is so quick, easy and very hygenic. Also my clients love it. Good luck and i hope you find the one that suits you. I would say though, go and do the trianing as you do learn some tricks of the trade and ways to get the best from your product & system xx:)

I use the Clean + Easy system with the azulene wax, never had any problems with it. Great for mobile work.

i use the pot and spatula method

it works fine for me

i have tried phd but i couldn't really get the hang of it

hey!im quite new tooo it all and have used both systems. the phd system at college and the wax pot at home. I found the phd tricky at first but find thant its much more hygenic and clients can see you usingt a clean head for them. It also seams to improve my timing on a leg wax.I use the pot at home because I had bought that before learning the phd but if I was doing more clients would probably buy this.Also my carpet is ruined from spillages no matter how much the floor is covered. X

Australian bodycare TT system is by far the best system ive used,and ive tryed them all at one point .

Its,clean,hygenic,no spillages,and very quick.The only drawback,if any is the temp gage as i have to set it "just so"...i.e not all the way up but nearly there,if you get my meaning...LOL:lol:

Having said that,i could not be without it and i absolutely adore waxing now,and id never thought i would say that!

I trained with the pot and spatula and last year changed to Australian Body Care system and I totall recommend it. Very quick, hygenic and not at all messy.

HTH

At the salon I use clean and easy roller system because it's fast and clean, I have just tried out the C+E chocolate wax and absolutly love it! At home I use pot and spatula, I actually have 2 pots, one for honey wax and one for creme wax. The creme wax is lavender for sensitive skin so it's great for facial waxing.
We had a days training in PHD waxing at college but i didn't like it, I found it difficult to use. Maybe if I used it more I would of got the hang of it.
xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back