white spots after waxing!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
Hi im new to this site . Im a qualified nail tech and on Wednesday this week i attended a one day waxing course where I had my upper lip waxed by a fellow student . 2 days later and I look like i have had a shave my upper lip is covered in white/red spots I look awfull. Any advice on how to traet this would be appreciated. I had other areas waxed and have no reaction there. It was lavender cream wax could it be this ?? HELP PLEASE :rolleyes:

This is a really unfortunate reaction, but don't let it stop you treating lip wax clients :)
I have never had this reaction but if I did, I think I would try aloe vera gel
You could phone the college and ask them what they recommend (sorry I'm playing devils advocate here!)
Hope it clears up for you soon x

Your lip area is very sensitive, and some people's lip areas react to waxing (much like you have described) no matter what wax is used or precautions are taken.

I can't wax my lip area because of this reason also, so you're not alone and it's not an unusual reaction :hug:

To help your spotty reaction clear up as quick as poss and without scarring, make sure you leave it well alone - picking and itching will only inflame the area. Apply aloe vera gel or tea tree oil to the affected area regularly.

Next time you wax this area, you may want to try applying oil to the area first (Anita aka huberella is very knowledgable on the subject of pre-wax oiling) so the wax doesn't adhere to the skin, only to the hair, when applied.

Hope this helps

many thanks to the replies to my question regarding spots after waxing. Glad to know I wont be scared for life ! I am using a Tea Tree cream so I hope it helps. Going to London Olympia Sunday so I want it gone before then !!
Thanks again
:)

Everything Amy said plus next time just try honey wax or sugar wax.It may have been the colourings or perfumes in the wax that caused the reaction ..you never know.

i have seen this before, i have one client who gets very puffy after lip waxing, i always hold a little cold damp cotton pad to the area after waxing then apply a little aloe vera gel. i use a cream wax for all facial waxing it contains tea tree and vitamin e xx

I have always had this and when I first started having the area waxed the therapist I went to told me that it was very common, not to worry and it may stop happening over time.

However, now I've trained nd got my own kit myself, the last time I waxed I used tea tree wax and I didn't get the spots!!

Might be worth a try.:hug:

Was this the first time you've had your upper lip waxed?

Second question - did you need it waxing or was it just to show you how to do it?

The reason I ask is that when I did my CIBTAC waxing course the tutor told us only to volunteer for lip waxing if we had a problem with hair in that area as, if we didn't, we might find that after waxing there we might end up with one. I had a very slight problem at the corners of my mouth so volunteered to be a model for one of the other girls, since then the hair has grown back far worse right across my lip so now I have to wax that area all the time. Wish I hadn't bothered - I do hope it doesn't happen to you.

I'm not a great fan of these one day waxing classes as there really is so much more to learn than just slap it on and rip it off.

Jackie

Thanks for all your imput . No Ididnt really need it waxing and yes it was my first time. I hop i dont have any further problems as i really dont want to have it done evervagain!looks a bit better today but still quite spotty but notquite as obvious today .
:)

This is a very common reaction. It is just histamines that the body sends to the area that if feels has been injured. Regular waxing every 4 weeks, and using an antibacterial or acne wash helps to keep this down to a minimum.

Hi im new to this site . Im a qualified nail tech and on Wednesday this week i attended a one day waxing course where I had my upper lip waxed by a fellow student . 2 days later and I look like i have had a shave my upper lip is covered in white/red spots I look awfull. Any advice on how to traet this would be appreciated. I had other areas waxed and have no reaction there. It was lavender cream wax could it be this ?? HELP PLEASE :rolleyes:
Hi ,lavander wax in face general very bad better when you use rosa wax for senstive skin
and normal for this area is better suger hair removal??????????

Latest posts

Back