White spots during Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funsusie

Reaction score
Hi
I have recently had 2 clients who developed white spots while I was doing their spray tan.
They were only small spots on leg, arm & chest area.
The lady I just done said she would ring me tomorrow after she has washed the guide colour off if they are still showing.
Any advice on what might cause these dreaded wee white spots?
Thanks

Hi
I have recently had 2 clients who developed white spots while I was doing their spray tan.
They were only small spots on leg, arm & chest area.
The lady I just done said she would ring me tomorrow after she has washed the guide colour off if they are still showing.
Any advice on what might cause these dreaded wee white spots?
Thanks

Just a possibility but it could be the machine giving too much over spray like droplets? maybe the settings are too high or i have read on here that there is a skin condition which could cause these spots.. see what some of the experts say as im only a beginner myself but that could be one or two of the problems. Hopefully when they wash off the colour guide, all will be fine but i had a similar problem with my tantruth machine, since i bought the maximist, havent had any problems hth xx

Are they spots that look like they haven't taken with the tan? If so, then when they wash off the guide colour it is normally fine, sometimes it's due to moisturiser or something on the skin that the tan almost slips off if you like. If it happens again you can use the black mit to pat it so the demarkation lines are not as noticeable

Hi
Thanks very much for your replies.
The wee white spots did look like solution hadn't took. I rang the client this morning and she said the tan was fine after washing the guide colour off.
I did ask when doing her tan if she had any moisturiser on which she said no & my gun was at my usual setting.
Just off to do some more tans, hoping doesn't happen again.

Hi
Thanks very much for your replies.
The wee white spots did look like solution hadn't took. I rang the client this morning and she said the tan was fine after washing the guide colour off.
I did ask when doing her tan if she had any moisturiser on which she said no & my gun was at my usual setting.
Just off to do some more tans, hoping doesn't happen again.

I wouldn't worry if it happened again, just reassure them it will be fine when they wash off the guide colour.

Just done another two tans, the 1st had the white spots again but my 2nd didn't? So not sure as to why this has happened again?
I use the maximist and never had any problems before.
Will see how next tans go.

Only another guess but have the machine been taken apart and cleaned recently?? Could be that there is sum old solution blocked behind the needle?? Xx

I normally just clean machine using water sprayed through.
Going to take it apart to give a good clean so hopefully this will help.
Cheers 4 advice x

Other causes could be conditioner off wet hair that has transfered to the skin, or maybe even perfume.

Latest posts

Back