White spots on nails after 6 weeks of Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovelashes

Reaction score
I saw a client for a shellac removal this morning and when I removed the shellac quite a few of her nails had lots of White spots under the nail.

Anyone come across this?

I know she hadn't used solar oil.

Thanks in advance x

Do a search there was a recent thread on this. It is basically dehydration, she needs to oil!

She needs solar oil. But needs to use it at least twice a day. Its a must have. The white spots are dehydration. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Normally I would say surface dehydration , instruct your client that they need to use solar oil 2Xs per day everyday as per CND's after instructions for Shellac.

However with out seeing them it's guess work that it's surface dehydration (seemingly the most commen white patch reason with shellac)
You say it's under the nail???
Could it be more like leukonychia (almost like bruises ) from heavy handedness ?

Thanks very much. Is there any any substitute for solar oil ie baby oil?x

I would recommend clients to use the oil recommended with the system you are using. In the case Solar Oil, plus it boosts your retail x

Also I find that using soap that is NOT antibacterial to remove cuticle away made a huge difference in many of my clients.

Thanks very much. Is there any any substitute for solar oil ie baby oil?x

There is no substitute for SolarOil. SolarOil is a blend of oils which contains such tiny molecules that they can actually make their way through the Shellac (or enhancement product), to the nail underneath. Baby oil, by comparison, has huge molecules and would just sit happily on top of the Shellac, not doing a great lot...

I wonder why you ask though? Do you not recommend SolarOil to all your clients anyway? It is a crucial part of the Shellac system - and absolutely non-negotiable when I discuss home care with my clients.

And from a business perspective, SolarOil sales make me a tidy little sum: both myself and my clients can really see a difference in their nails when they have been using it, so it resells itself. Seriously, as fast as I get it in, my ladies have their purses out to buy it! And the Almond Hydrating Lotion (which contains SolarOil) too.

Think of SolarOil as a daily 'conditioner' for nails. If you washed your hair all the time and never conditioned it, you wouldn't expect it to be in great condition, would you? The same applies to nails. xx

I've just started doing shellac but I will definately get some supplies of solar oil in, thanks very much everyone x

Latest posts

Back