White Tip problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi

I am using Creative performance tips. I do sculpts for most of my clients but some do ask for white tip and they prefer the look. However when I do white tips and then just use the sheer pink powder over the top I am not happy with the result, I am not sure if it is the wrong tip to use for this or it is me, but it seems to go a off white, even a little bit grey or maybe it is my eyes:eek: I understand it will not be as white because I am putting the sheer pink over but I have seen people with just white tips and the white still does look very white.

The brush and products I use are fine because I do white sculpts and they are fine. I don't know if it is because the performance tip and too thin for that. What well less tip do you guys use and suggest.

Thank you in advance

There's nothing wrong with CND tips, you are using the wrong colour powder! You need to use clear over white tips for them to keep them looking white:green:

I have tried it with the clear too, And I seem to have the problem where it does look off white. I have even tried l&p using a dashing diva and that stayed white. I also tried a different tip and that was whiter too.

I would like to know the answer to this also. I get thousands of bubbles and a foggy off white look when i use white tips. I really Dont like white tips anyway so i just tell the clients i Dont do them. I either paint gel sculpt or airbrush the French.

I only use performance White tip if I am doing popits. And I use either pure pink or blush pink with that. Never had problem with bubbles, foggy or grey look.

Bubbles are caused by badly saturated brush at the beginning, when air is trapped between the bristles of the brush. To avoid bubbles brush should be prepared properly. CND has a great video tutorial on that.

Get your mix ratio right and revise bead formation and placement.

I do not like using just clear or pink, I always use opaque powders to makeover the nail bed, thus gives you a chance to apply White higher and extend natural nail bed.

If you are using White tips you can apply small bead of whatever pink up to the smile line making sure it doesn't go over the White and then apply clear over the whole nail properly building zone 1,2,3.

I prefer sculpting all the way cause then I am the boss;)

Hope this helps.

Nail designer with a twist;)

I would like to know the answer to this also. I get thousands of bubbles and a foggy off white look when i use white tips. I really Dont like white tips anyway so i just tell the clients i Dont do them. I either paint gel sculpt or airbrush the French.

Well if I wanted to get White tips and my tech told me she didn't do them I wouldn't bother getting my nails done. You can explain professionally to the client that there are better possibilities with sculpting.

It's a challenge to get it right and trust me it's a pleasure once you have nailed it.

Bubbles as I mentioned earlier, saturate the brush properly in clean monomer to let air out of the brush, wiggle it sideways until wee bubbles stop coming out of it. Then it's ready. Also when you peak a bead let it sit on the brush for a wee moment ( count 1,2,3) place the bead where you want it and let it sit (count 1,2,3) and work it gently. Do not over work or spend too much time playing with it cause that also causes bubbles. Do not press too hard be gentle.

Give it a try, I promise you will like it)

Hugs ;)

Nail designer with a twist;)

Do you mean 'off white' where the tip is attached to the nail? I had this problem and it really put me off doing white tips...so much so, if I did do them, I would go over the smile line of the tip with my white powder to disguise it. The contact area of the French tips was quite transparent compared to the rest of the tip. :hug:

Yes the white tip is a off white colour it is very strange, I do think it is because they are thinner than normal white tips, I ahve seen a few people with just white tips on and they look fine but mine are off white, I hate them it looks awful xx

Latest posts

Back