White tips gone yellow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsham

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I've got some white flame tips that i've had for a while that have gone yellowish in colour. Anyone know how'd i'd get them white again?:idea:

hiya i had this problem when i first started doing nails and it was because of the topcoat i was using so i switched to nsi glaze and go and no more yellow tips lol

hiya i had this problem when i first started doing nails and it was because of the topcoat i was using so i switched to nsi glaze and go and no more yellow tips lol

Hi thanks. These are a box that have been sitting in the cupboard for a while. Want to make them white again so i can use them.:hug:

ahhhh right oh im not sure iv had boxes that have lay for ages and never gone yellow im not sure what you could do with that you could maybe try giving them a wee buff lol x

Poor quality tips go yellow with age.

No you cannot make them white again unless you cover them with a French Polish.

Ive had luck with using 40 vol developer and bleach to whiten them. Dont suggest this unless your trained though, this can cause nasty burns if left on skin.

Ive had luck with using 40 vol developer and bleach to whiten them. Dont suggest this unless your trained though, this can cause nasty burns if left on skin.

i would watch doing this if your putting acrylic/gels over them could cause a reaction if i were you i would invest in some new ones ;)

Wouldn't going over the top with a sanding block whiten them again??

In my experience it has not been a surface yellowing, but a case of the plastic ageing and being discoloured right through.

Could you not use white acrylic to put over them after tip application?

Yes, but aged tips are 2nd quality and prone to breakage .. service breakdown ... I don't think a paying client deserves that.

Best used for nail art or colour swatching.

Sorry to say thay ready for the bin!! as Geeg says cheap nail tips,thay will just chip and never be white....sorry

Do some nail art and polish for a display at least you can use them for something waist not want not then you won't be using them on a client xx

Could you not use white acrylic to put over them after tip application?

Did that and they did come up white but they are brittle.

They are Pro Impression tips - loads of techs use/rate them on here and are not particularly cheap. But they have been in an airing cupboard for around 2 years!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back