Who are your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
My clients are mostly professionals, like nurses, teachers and solicitors etc

They are aged from between 35 and 60 (most are older than 35)

I have very few regular clients that are any younger than 35.

My clients are brilliant and so loyal and I love them to bits.

I'm just curious to know, who your clients are... do you have mostly younger clients or is it a mixture?

I find the young girls don't want to spend money on their nails and if they do, they don't do it on a regular basis.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

My clients are mostly professionals, like nurses, teachers and solicitors etc

They are aged from between 35 and 60 (most are older than 35)

I have very few regular clients that are any younger than 35.

My clients are brilliant and so loyal and I love them to bits.

I'm just curious to know, who your clients are... do you have mostly younger clients or is it a mixture?

I find the young girls don't want to spend money on their nails and if they do, they don't do it on a regular basis.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

I find similar to you, mostly 35 - 60, a handful mid to late twenties, my oldest regular is 71. Huge mixture of professions including quite a few that don't work (some unemployed, others don't need to work).

When I set up I imagined it would all be young girls but you're right they don't want to spend the time or the money on nails......

I find similar to you, mostly 35 - 60, a handful mid to late twenties, my oldest regular is 71. Huge mixture of professions including quite a few that don't work (some unemployed, others don't need to work).

When I set up I imagined it would all be young girls but you're right they don't want to spend the time or the money on nails......

Thanks Yvette... that's really interesting, so you're the same as me, well more or less.

Yes, when I began in this industry I thought it would be young girls too.

Most of my clients are professional women between ages of 40-60.
Nurses, teachers, small business owners, sales reps, consultants, real estate agents etc. Oh, I have also quite a few Mary Kay reps.

My Nail clients are aged 30+ some are professionals the majority are teachers actually! the vast majority of my clients are house wives who don't need to work and i also have a few retired ladies. :) i find my clients who are aged 50+ prefer manicures as opposed to enhancements they have these fortnightly without fail.
I have very few young clients.

Last edited:
Mine vary dependant on the service. For spraytanning they are mostly younger students, young women 16-late twenties.

For nails in general they are often mums with younger children who like the convenience and flexibility I offer being mobile. Most are well off/ comfortable financially but again, regulars age wise are about late twenties through to their sixties.
Minx is the exception here for me as mostly I have done it on younger women, the oldest I have minxed has probably been late thirties. I think as it gets bigger and more well known about this will change however as it is a service which has something for everyone in there somewhere.

I have a really varied client base.

I have the young mums, aged 18-25

The career women, nurses, solicitors, etc aged 30+

The older ladies, all of whom attend either the local line dancing club or slimming world, the same women runs both and I am so thankful for her as she can sell my services to anyone!

The church tea room ladies, very religious and upper class various ages.

And the rock chick girls, aged 20-40, lots of tattoos, piercings, very loud, funny and outrageous ladies.

I love all my clients and am glad I appear to attract different social groups.

Me myself btw fit into the rock chick catagory, I have tattoos, piercings and bright red hair :)

xxx

Where do i start, my oldest was 96, for a manicure, she was partialy blind so couldnt see to file her nails, my youngest is a clints little girl, for a hair trim, had her since she was 2 and she loves having me round, bless her. Career wise I have all sorts, from people who are at home mums, disabled people, ladies who dont need to work because their husbands bring home the money. I have 20 somethings with no kids and disposable income, brides, I also have local business owners, time share reps (we have club la costa resort just out of town, they have my details so I get the odd blowdry from their clients too, and their staff) Where I live is strange, I could have a not so desirable person ringing me for something and the same day have a lady whos husband is a millionare ring me too, we have Rock five mins down the road the second home owners there are proper rich but where I live my town is a normal small town, so I get local girls/ladies of all types shapes and sizes which I love! xx

My nails clients are generally older. mid 40s upwards and I have 2 enhancement clients in there 80s. Another client who has manicures will be 90 next month. I find that the rest of my beauty treatment clients are the mid 20s to early 70s, and spraytans definately youngsters up to late 20s.

I think money may be a factor with the younger clients but now we have these new gel/hybrid systems, I believe that market base will increase due to the longevity ?

Mine are about 35 - 70 too. Some are proffesional ladies, some are ladies of leisure. I think only 1 is retired. I have 1 history teacher and she is only 23! I have some younger ones but most of these are squadies prob aged about 25 - 35 and they mainly have a french shellac unless they can get away with enhancements in work. And i have a few mums under 25.

Most are my hairdressing clients who's hair I have done for over 20 years hence most of them are 40+ up to 80.
The more senior ladies do seem to look after their nail slightly better, probably because they are slightly less active.

Latest posts

Back