Who do you use for a model?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you use for a model?

• Husband/wife/partner

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • family member

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • friends

Votes: 90 50.8%
  • hand trainer

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • other

Votes: 16 9.0%

• Total voters
I use a client for the competitions but i try alot of new things on myself first xXx

I use a nail trainer, friends and neighbours. In fact I will use anybody who will sit down long enough. I need 10 people for my nail art assessments and 6 people for my enhancement assessments.

I think I'll start stopping people in the street soon!
Jane

at the moment i use friends.relatives or neighbours to practice on.which i do whenever i can get them to sit down for me.(which you would think be easy,ha ha).im hoping to get a nail trainer soon though so that 'll make things easier for me.xxxxxxx

I mainly use my faithful nail trainer but have been eyeing up other halfs nails recently. Not worn him down enough yet tho, maybe after a few beers this weekend he'll wake up with a lovely set of gel enhancements hehehe!

I have always done one of my cousins nails right from the start, she has walked around with some really bad sets of nails when i 1st started out and she never complained, so now that i am qualified she will forever get free nails from me as she was the one who always let me practice on her even when i was really bad!

Just wondering who or what most of you practice on.

I am very lucky in that my husband lets me try anything on him. He has worn several sets of enhancements now!!!
cooooool ive been tryin forever to get my husband to let me practice on him NO GO
its also good to do strangers too.the more variety of nails you work on the better for you also builds up a large clientele

When I first started, I used to practice on my daughter or my ex mother in law. I also practised on myself and my nail trainer at home.

I now practice new things on myself first, then straight onto clients, as when I have something new in, they are all clamouring for it!

Sue x

i use my mum and friends also practise on myself alot....my hubby would never let me practise on him never ever !!!!!!!xxxxx

I have voted ,,other"
As I fist started I did it on myself. I don't have that many friends that like enhancements- So i carried fliers to the Bank, drugstore, Mall's...............and I found volunteers on this way. I practice on them for a while and then it happened that I had to start my business because I had to many volunteers and could not afford it to keep working for free.
Now I ask my clients and I still practice on myself.

Practice on myself heaps (only my left hand though... can't do my right to save myself) or friends who agree to be guinea pigs, haha.

Very rarely my husband will let me do one of his nails (as long as it's taken straight off!) They are so awful though, flat, with huge deep sidewalls. Almost makes me through my brush out the window!

My husband lets me practice on him as long as it is taken straight off, & that we are not expecting any guests around.:lol:

But he does love pedicures (although he won't admit it), and often asks if i would like to practise abit more, but keeps insisting that he is only trying to help me by allowing me to practice more:rolleyes:

men hard as nails !!
I did BSC, chest, abdomen, toes & arms on my hubby for my waxing course!!! Bless him he was so brave, not even a whimper!!:twisted:

in the earlire days of trainning it was the faithfull mum, she thought it a phrase i was going through, untill she came, and then she realised what was involved!!

Now i have a reaaly good selection of models , allways on the look out for long nail beds and good skin?

Latest posts

Back