Who do you use for a model?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you use for a model?

• Husband/wife/partner

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • family member

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • friends

Votes: 90 50.8%
  • hand trainer

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • other

Votes: 16 9.0%

• Total voters

florence2004

Reaction score
Just wondering who or what most of you practice on.

I am very lucky in that my husband lets me try anything on him. He has worn several sets of enhancements now!!!

I have mainly practised on myself, but my hubby also lets me try new techniques out on him, which even included painting his nails red when i first started. That's love for you.:)

I am using my best friend, she has said she will take time off work for the courses when I need a model!! Shes loving it, shes had a brand new set of L&P enhancements, a re-balance!! She cant stop showing then off!! Her nails were pretty bad before!!
Ive also done 2 manicures on my brother and husband!!
A set of sculpts on my Mum, and a few sets of L&P on friends!!
I want more people to practice on!! Where are you?????lol:lol:

Most of my practise goes on my sister & goes everywhere with me for my courses, sometimes its my friend but she is way too picky & for mani & pedi its my other half ... he loves the pampering really!!! :)

I use my sister and my best friend to model for me, they normal wear enhancements and look after their nails well

I didn't vote as I couldn't tick more than one box. I'm not trained in nail enhancements, but I've practised swedish massage, indian head massage, hopi ear candling, waxing, facials, manicues and pedicure on friends, mum, dad, husband, mum in law, kids anyone who didn't run fast enough!:green:

Although I finished my VCTC waxing at college 4 months ago, I've been looking for a bloke to practice back and chest waxing on (husband hasn't got a high pain threshold:smack: ). I've now found a friend of a friend who's willing to give it a try, so I'm dead chuffed.

Friends/nail trainer - I also practice on myself so that I can peeps can see what I can do :green: luckily my smile lines are improving and I don't feel I have to hide my hands anymore :lol:

I mainly practise on myself but if its something i cant do on my own nails like sorting out bitten nails or sculpts i will grab anyone who is willing or daring, i took a friend with me for the first model day at creative but looking back it might not have been a good idea as she hasnt spoke to me since lol:hug:

I mainly practise on myself, but do practise on the hand traner and friends to.

I keep asking Hubby to let me practie on him, he has nailsbeds to die for, but he won't hear a word of it!! I think that is why I keep asking :evil:

I said husband, family member & friends, but I'll also have a practice on myself or on any spare tips I have!!! Don't have a training hand!! :)

I didn't vote as I couldn't tick more than one box. I'm not trained in nail enhancements, but I've practised swedish massage, indian head massage, hopi ear candling, waxing, facials, manicues and pedicure on friends, mum, dad, husband, mum in law, kids anyone who didn't run fast enough!:green:

Although I finished my VCTC waxing at college 4 months ago, I've been looking for a bloke to practice back and chest waxing on (husband hasn't got a high pain threshold:smack: ). I've now found a friend of a friend who's willing to give it a try, so I'm dead chuffed.

I did BSC, chest, abdomen, toes & arms on my hubby for my waxing course!!! Bless him he was so brave, not even a whimper!!:twisted:

I use my husband, my sister and also my trainer hand so I clicked three options.

Husband do finally come in for something useful. :lol:

I use a good friend of mine, mostly because she has killer nails... the perfect comp. c-curve on all nails, a size 4 thumb, and nailplates that goes on forever.

The fact that she is my friend comes second, and can actually be a problem sometimes, because she can not shut up when I need to concentrate, and she comments on everything i do:smack:

My hubby, my mum and my aunt as well as various friends etc

I voted nail trainer but my sister and daughter get to be guinnea pigs too.

Teri x:)

I practice on friends and family. Ive begged my bf to let me use his nails but he wont even let me file them - he insists on biting them, even though hes a mechanic so gets pretty filthy!
My friend who was a nail biter let me use her while i was training, which gave me lots of practice...and now she has lovely long nails which are her own!
Linz

I voted friends, partner:twisted: and nail trainer, although I use my nail trainer a lot, I like to be able to practise on "real" people but they aren't always easy to come by when you need them:)

at the moment ive used two friends, tried my mum but she has severe arthritis so she struggled to be honest, im in process of buying a nail trainer hand,

i want to book my L&P foundation course but cant because i cant get a model, how do you get models, i dont know who to ask, most friends i have are mums like me, who have little kids so cant come during the day to a course, any ideas

maybe i should go and stand outside local schools or collages asking for volunteers (joking!!!)

cant wait to get nail trainer and practise more

might have to tell hubby, he's the only one who dosent let me practise on him lol, he dosent come on here, so maybe he'll believe me, but if he should ask any of you, all your hubbys/bf's let you practise on them right!! lol

x

When I first started out I used my nail trainer for most of my skill building. However I found this teenager who had reasonable nails who loved having enhancements on and she would let me do what ever I wanted with them. I could do new sets, l&p, gel, infill's, rebalance, glitter... you name it ... we have tried it. She has been my model all way through my nvq assessments (apart from the nail biter one I had to do).

Trouble is, I feel I still have to do her nails for free because she has been so good at letting me 'play' with her nails over the last 2 years. She was my L&P masters model too.

The only annoying thing I find is that now she will babysit for me on the odd occasion and I have to pay her for doing that lol!! She's a diamond though.. I wouldn't want her any other way hehehe...

Myself.

I don't particularly like practicing on other people. The reason being that if I can perfect it on myself, then I'm ready to let loose on others.

Besides if I'm trying something new out, it's great just to hit the client with it full on, and say, this is now added on to my price list. They won't be seeing the early mistakes that you made when you were trying to get it right.

If I need a live model for something specific, I choose a family member.

Latest posts

Back