Who has a day job & works in beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I was wondering do any of you have a day time job as long as doing your own beauty work? How do you juggle this around?

Do you find it hard coming home from a days work and then doing your appointments?

X

Hi Geeks,

I was wondering do any of you have a day time job as long as doing your own beauty work? How do you juggle this around?

Do you find it hard coming home from a days work and then doing your appointments?

X
I was working full time in a salon and working after work in my home salon.It is draining and tbh it will take its toll on you.I suppose it would depend on how many hours you did in each really,I generally do a 43 hr week in the salon then do the odd appointment in home salon.Also on my days off from salon I make sure I dont work in home salon as I need some me time.HTH

I work full time at a hospital and do treatments as and when on days off or weekends, i find it great as its a million miles away from what i do for my day job x

Ill be working 10hr day in office not finishing till 6pm. x

I think if your going to working in an office 10 hours a day then your going to find it hard, its not an impossible thing to do but you will soon become drained and tired. It will be hard work doing both. You could work during the week and then book clients in for one day at the weekend if this suits you, or do one client per evening for a couple of evenings a week but I really would think long and hard about working in an office all day then working every evening....it will take its toll on you. xx

Posted via Mobile Device

I currently work full time as an air hosstess and was planimng to set up as a mobile nail technician on my days off, but had a nasty scare with my health last week just from trying to work full time, jet lag and trying to build up a business. Ive spent this last week doing completley nothing to try and get my self back on track, ive now decided to not push my mobile business until i go part time so il have more time to do both and time to relax too which i think is so important. Im still going to do some nails but not push it. I think if you plan things carfully and make sure you give yourself time to relax you should be ok goodluck

I have an arrangement with my day job, I rent a room one morning a week (how I managed to swing this is still a mystery to me - I just went with "well, if you don't ask, you don't get", and it worked). I also work doing massage on Saturdays. They fit nicely around each other but at some point I do want to quit the day job. I mean it's OK, it pays the rent but I LOVE massagee.

I work full time in a job relating to tenancy support and then work evenings and weekends in my studio fitting hair extensions.

I work full time as a Project Manager in the day and start at 8am and through the Summer will work most evenings, some nights until 11pm doing mobile spray tanning.

It can be tiring sometimes trying to get everything done but I really enjoy it. I think I may have to hire some help this year though just so that I can take a break every now and then.

I work as an Electronics engineer in Edinburgh and do my tanning at nite as a hobbie/job on side because i enjoy it

Latest posts

Back