Who's panicking about their accounts? 2011/2012

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what triggered the visit. I guess they do checks on businesses to make sure they're keeping all the necessary info to fill in accounts/tax returns properly.

Well I hope everything went ok for you!

PB
x

Thank goodness I have an accountant ! I just put all my receipts , bank statements , card statements, monthly takings sheets into folders (monthly) and give it to my accountant every 6 months.
I paid my tax bill in December as soon as it came through the door.
I could never leave it all till last minute, I have enough stress in my life not to add this to it !

Thank goodness I have an accountant ! I just put all my receipts , bank statements , card statements, monthly takings sheets into folders (monthly) and give it to my accountant every 6 months.
I paid my tax bill in December as soon as it came through the door.
I could never leave it all till last minute, I have enough stress in my life not to add this to it !

Aren't they worth their weight in gold?

Definitely ! Could not run my business without her ! I am hopeless with numbers and would just get in a muddle and be unsure if I was putting everything through I could.
Also something's you can't put through all in one year for example I paid goodwill of about £10000 for my business which is put through in a % each yr also equipment etc is a bit confusing !
Get an accountant anyone who doesn't use one :hug:

I have an accountant but every day/week I do my books.
I have one of those green hardback account books. Each day I list what I've taken and every time I bank or purchase something it goes straight in my book.
This way I only have to tot the columns and milage up.

It's just one of those things that can easily get away from you and then your left in a pickle

Vicki x

Wow!
I had no idea so many people were getting Accountants and panicking about the deadline... Ive been panicking until now and now relax!!!!

Im employed (office work) and self-employed (Massage work) and last tax year, I only worked one day free-lance and I knew I had to declare it but wouldnt be taxed on it coz didnt earn enough but because HMRC kept sending me the wrong forms I got an extension til end of Feb for a paper copy.

Since setting up my own business... Ive been really anal about my keeping my receipts and even went to the tax office a few days ago to get the forms for 12-13 ready for April coz dont want to have to ask for an extension again!!!

Although I got ours in early for 2011/12 it was a nightmare trawling through it so I have decided I'm going to start 2012/13 this weekend and try and keep on top of it. I have to do it for 2 separate businesses which gets very confusing! :eek:

On the bright side geeks I got a phone call from my accountant today ....and due a refund and a big one ££££...
Looks like I paid to much in July 2012.

My Blessed Accountant told me that he would never dream of cutting his own hair and he wouldn't ever expect me to fill in a tax return form.
He also told me that he would save me more than he would cost me ... and so it has proved.
For £175 p.a. I get to dump a box of paperwork on his desk and he sorts me out. He is a god-given gift and I really don't know how I'd cope without him.

If anyone wants his name and number, please feel free to ask for it.

BTW, a great paper accounts system is the Simplex D, available from all good WHSmith shops. Easy Peasy book keeping :)

Aren't they worth their weight in gold?

I do my own books, as long as you keep on top of things it's not too complicated. I'm lucky as my OH is an accountant, always gives my stuff a once-over but as long as you keep a record of everything it's not too bad.

I'm another one of those 'pay tax early' people. As soon as the form comes through in April/May ish I make a start. I don't like money hanging around that isn't mine!

I did mine this weekend and what a scare I had because I put in my salary from my part time job but forgot to declare how much tax I had paid in it and they were asking for 6k, I nearly threw up! Obviously I went back over it and realised my mistake!!! I'm speaking to an accountant today about whether its worth me getting one for the next tax year as I know I will have considerably more tax to pay!

Also although I plan to file ASAP this year I'm keeping the money in an account and not paying till next Jan, why let the tax man have the interest when I can have it myself!!!

My accountant is having the most of my stuff in 3 weeks ready to sort through and start to file the next one :) I'm done and dusted then! No stress!

Latest posts

Back