Who's your beauty heroine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little voyce

Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to find this out! If Judy Dench and Maggie Smith are our Grand Dames of Film and Theatre, who would be our Grand Dames of Beauty? (Allowed to be alive or dead...). And why would you pick them?

I'll start off with Coco Chanel - amazingly cool and stylish. Head of a fashion and beauty house.

Elizabeth Arden.. She revolutionised make up and she's of cornish ancestry to boot ;)

Bumping up this post! Can't believe there are NO amazing women that led the way in our industry!!!

Estee Lauder eve lom liz earle shanaz hussain Charlotte Tilbury to name a few

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bobbi Brown...she enables women to enhance their natural beauty using her philosophy "Fresh, clean & Modern"

Audrey Hepburn. I just remember seeing her when I was little and thinking she was absolutely beautiful. I loved all her compassionate work as she got older as well. Not just a beautiful face.

People used to say I looked like her. ....... Yeah right!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My beauty heroine would be Marilyn Monroe,my most inspirational heroine would be Rosa Parks.

Samantha Jones (SATC) she made chemical peels, Botox and Brazilians as everyday as buying new shoes ;)

Megan fox for her strong eyebrow game and Kim Kardashian for bringing contour to the attention of the "average woman"
Both women have revolutionised what we find as beautiful today such as a well defined brow cheekbones highlight etc when done right 😉

I do love watching the Charlotte Tilbury videos on her website

Helena Rubinstein is the great grandmother of the skincare industry, she revolutionised both the beauty and marketing industry way before women were allowed a voice of their own, let alone to run a business. She was quite possibly one of the most formidable business women there has ever been. She would be rotating in her grave to know her company is now owned by the L'Oréal corporation, great Nazi sympathisers and protectors during the war and still evading reparation, even now, to holocaust survivors whose lives and property they benefited from. The development of the beauty industry over the last one hundred and fifty years is fascinating and begins with three wonderful ladies we all know of now, Rubinstein, Arden and Lauder. I deeply admire all three of them.

Last edited:
Great replies. It's good to see where we came from..

Rubywoo - that was a brilliant response. 10 out of 10!

Without being too cheesy can I get away with saying my Mother is my beauty/life heroine?? She knew how to apply make up and was always complimented on how young she looked (some thought she was 30 at 54!). She portrayed confidence even on a bad day and didn't take nonsense from anybody.

If they had to be celebs...Marilyn and Estée everyday xx

Latest posts

Back