Why are some people so offensive!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't passed my course yet so don't have clients but I can totally sympathise, I work in retail and put up with rude customers everyday that look down on you like something the dog dragged out of the bin! It goes in one ear and out the other nowadays, and on some days if their lucky they even get a smart arse comment back:D

It's good to get things off your chest though :)

I had a client once say to me..."Your so lucky, I wish I had a little hobby like yours"......:eek:

I just :rolleyes: and think of the self satisfaction i get from hearing so many clients tell me how they hate their jobs...hate their hours/shifts and hate their pay..:green:

my hands are on my hips now
i did my training at y,c,o,b in yeadon, bloomin ek, what alot of big words
i really felt quite cleaver when i left,
after 19 years in catering, i was so looking forward to the question(what do you do for a living) but i found i kept getting that look from people, we all know the one,
i now very nicely say to people, im a f*n*y waxer how about you,
that shuts alot of people up hxx

I have so got to try that :lol: xxx

My boyfriend refused to call me a technician.. Whats so technical he would ask me.. Thats easy i could do that!! he would say..one night after being so fed up with his.. Cr@p I gave him a little pot of powder.. a little pot of monomer.. and my student brush.. (old cheap thing).. I said, Go on then if its so easy!!

He had two massive blobs of acrylic on his thumb and a tantrum!

It made my night actally.. now he says to people.. "oh its harder then it looks"

(grrrr)

I have just read this to my boyfriend ...we are nearly wetting our selves :lol: Oh thanks for that xxx

There will always be somebody who looks down on you because of your job. It doesn't actually say anything about you, but a lot about them. They have to put you down to make themselves feel better.
I used to be a registered nurse and several times had people ask me "why is someone as intelligent as you only a nurse?" - erm, whatever!

Argh! This thread is making me so mad! My (very wealthy) grandparents offered to help me financially through my further education so I wouldn't need to take out a loan, but when I told them that I was studying beauty, they didn't want to know!

I now take great pleasure in telling them all about my own, successful beauty salon! Me, smug? Never!!

Caris xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Argh! This thread is making me so mad! My (very wealthy) grandparents offered to help me financially through my further education so I wouldn't need to take out a loan, but when I told them that I was studying beauty, they didn't want to know!

I now take great pleasure in telling them all about my own, successful beauty salon! Me, smug? Never!!

Caris xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Good for you hun! I too have had to do it all myself. I am even more proud of myself for doing it all on my own as a lot of people do get it handed to them on a plate and done appreciate it so much. :hug: xxx

I used to be a registered nurse and several times had people ask me "why is someone as intelligent as you only a nurse?" - erm, whatever!

:eek: Only a nurse?! What is wrong with people!

What is it with some people who think that all we do is flounce around splashing abit of polish here and a quick pluck there!!
It infuriates me that poeple think there is no technical side to what we do and pretty much anyone could do it!! The other day i got told " Oh my gf would be good at what you do cause she likes reading magazines" :eek:!! (Cause of course that what makes a good therapist:mad:!)And then today i had a lady whose 16 year old daughter was sat with us talking about her GCSE's and said " If i fail all my exams i think i might just do what you do" :mad: My reply to which was you need atleast 4 GCSE's to do the course i did!! I hate it!!! first of all i would never be so rude to say things like that to people but secondly they are so wong with what they assume!!
Just had to get it off my chest!!:green:

xxx

Hi Faye

I know exactly what you mean.. however we have to accept some humans truly have a "Dumb Ass" gene in their DNA strands :eek:

Its true...

I myself have never been gifted with patience, & everyday from the stupid quotes & questions by these types just wear me out..

Its just best to smile & say yes it is hard work & long hours, lots of training - but considering they assume its so bloody easy.. I dont think when the time comes their DNA strands will stretch that far...:lol::lol:

HTH
Gill x

What is it with some people who think that all we do is flounce around splashing abit of polish here and a quick pluck there!!
It infuriates me that poeple think there is no technical side to what we do and pretty much anyone could do it!! The other day i got told " Oh my gf would be good at what you do cause she likes reading magazines" :eek:!! (Cause of course that what makes a good therapist:mad:!)And then today i had a lady whose 16 year old daughter was sat with us talking about her GCSE's and said " If i fail all my exams i think i might just do what you do" :mad: My reply to which was you need atleast 4 GCSE's to do the course i did!! I hate it!!! first of all i would never be so rude to say things like that to people but secondly they are so wong with what they assume!!
Just had to get it off my chest!!:green:

xxx

Hi Faye

I know exactly what you mean.. however we have to accept some humans truly have a "Dumb Ass" gene in their DNA strands :eek:

Its true...

I myself have never been gifted with patience, & everyday from the stupid quotes & questions by these types just wear me out..

Its just best to smile & say yes it is hard work & long hours, lots of training - but considering they assume its so bloody easy.. I dont think when the time comes their DNA strands will stretch that far...:lol::lol:

HTH
Gill x

The title beautician infuriates me, to me it just sounds degrading and makes us all sounds like barbie dolls with no brains and bleach blonde hair, it doesnt reflect on the skills or education that we have.

What do you think? I prefer to be called a beauty therapist, therapist, or nail technician.

Dave x

my friend asked if her 7 year old could come and watch me do a massage on her because she wants to do what I do.
I agreed, thinking "oh bless", and then my friend continued, that as her daughter was very dyslexic she would probably not be able to get any qualification so thought she would encourage her to do what I do.

The title beautician infuriates me, to me it just sounds degrading and makes us all sounds like barbie dolls with no brains and bleach blonde hair, it doesnt reflect on the skills or education that we have.

What do you think? I prefer to be called a beauty therapist, therapist, or nail technician.

Dave x

agreed.. and after the training and $$ i demand to be called a technician.. because saying i "do nails" does not actually describe what i do!!

Aww thanks jue!! :hug: It nice to see someone gets what us guys do!!!
xxxx

no problem honey. :hug:

as for people looking down and never being impressed by another's achievements, how is this one for size?

my fiance used to work as a head chef and was in charge of 4 hotels, which meant he was the boss of over 2000 staff.

he told me recently that his mum was disappointed in him because he was "just a cook", and that he had not achieved anything in life! :eek:

this was due to the fact that 2 of his sisters are more "successful" than he is, because they went to university for years and are now a doctor and a solicitor.

when he told me i thought to myself, "i'm going to spit on her the next time i see the old crow!" :lol:

jue x

Dave x

To be fair I think that happens in alot of proffesions...and always will do...Its whether we choose to let it get to us or not...

Think of Doctors....kinda makes you think of someone with specs...serious and no fun at a party.....

Lorry Drivers....Thick set with facial hair and slightly pervy

Salesmen...Pushy..fake designer suit and gift of the gab

The list goes on...checkout girls/boys....Machanics...we all have miss conceptions of what they do but it doesn't mean there personality is is anything simular...:)

I totally agree! :eek: .. they think were all 'dumb blondes' the cheeky biffs.. if they only knew how much detail you go in to whilst doing the training at college of the anotomy etc, bet we know more than most people do.
Just think we have brains & beauty they have neither especially coming to get beauty treatments off of us to try and look more better ! :hug: lol

x

People really do have no idea as to how much knowledge you need to be in this industry, I found this very apparent when starting a course, the class is full up and then only a handful end up passing as people are not prepared for the amount of non-practical work involved

Dave x

I don't know if you know the difference hun? But a beautician is someone that stands behind the make-up counter in boots. That's why it really agrivates me and I am no snob but we certainly haven't spent all that money and all them years training to be called that :mad:
:hug: xxx

Its the same in hairdressing!

my dad hated the fact i went to college to do hairdressing, he said 'you'v got all your gcse's why do you want to do that?' its the only thing iv ever wanted to do, now tens years after leaving school iv been self employed for 6 1/2 of them and about to have my own salon. I earn more then my sister per hour and shes an accountant and three quarters of the way to being chartered

Another thing that winds me up is when a client comes in when theres a few minutes lul between the next clients and they say "oh isn't it quiet in here, aren't you very busy today??" I work constantly non stop, no breaks, in a salon - like today - first one was 8.45 and i finished at 7, I have no issues with the hours as being self employed and am finding iv never been busier, its all money and i do really love my job but they really think we do nothing all day, except chat and wave scissors around, i just smile and say no i havent stopped yet, not even to eat, that normally shuts them up

If that wasnt bad enough, i get in and i get accused of being lazy because im on the intenet researching and costing for the fittings for my salon instead of being down the gym. Why do people think that because we arent sat behind a desk we haven't had a BLOOMING hard day! grrr lol

i guess we are victims of our own success, as we take something thats actually very hard and complex and make it look easy! and we all love our jobs, how many people can say that! :D

Latest posts

Back