Why do gels go hot?!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exothermic reaction also happens if the client has thinned nail plates (due to over filing) and/or naturally thin nails.
Or clients who pick there nails off.:grr:
I just had one this morning. She said it felt hot, I felt like saying "that's what you get for picking your *&%$*^#@ nails off.

I use IBD and I suffer with heat spike myself, as do a couple of my clients. I find that if I press my fingers to the base of the lamp for a few seconds it helps releive the heat. I also tell my clients this and they find that it actually works.
I know I havent helped with the scientific side to why it happens, but this is how I deal with it when it happens.

Just apply a thin layer to the natural nail first. This shouldn't get hot and it will provide protection for subsequent layers. You can also do a partial set by having the client hold their finger near the lamp, but not right in. This will cause the product to partially set and give more time for any heat to disperse. Just don't forget you will still need to fully cure afterwards.

Though not the end of the world if it happens occasionally, as a professional we should take every step possible to eliminate heat spikes to avoid weakening the bed epithelium that holds the plate to the bed.

Sometimes its just that some clients have really low pain tolerance, they'll make out like they feel as if their nails are being ripped off with pliers before its even fully under the lamp xx

Latest posts

Back