Why Do Some People Never Learn!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma m

Reaction score
Last night after i had finshed my last client i decided to go and some last min chirstmas shopping at my local asda, well on my way home (in very wet weather conditions) a car decided to over take me on a really bad bend at a silly speed so i just slowed down has i knew that he was driving like a mad man. once he started to overtake me i just thought my god if anything is coming around the corner he is a goner. he was on the wrong side of the road.

anyway when i did get round the conner 2 mins after him what did i see THE CAR IN THE DITCH ON ITS SIDE:eek:. i stoped my car and the lad got out of his holding his chest. i phoned 999 and they were there straight away but the car had no passenger side on at all the doors were missing and laying on the road!

when the police got there and breathlised (sp) him he was drunk!!!!!!!!!!

sorry its a long one but it really fustrates me when people drink and drive, there enough accidents on the roads these days without people drinking and driveing too!!

sorry its a long one but iam feeling a little shaken this morning and just gratfull that he didnt hit me!!!!!!

:hug:

Glad you're ok hun. Just goes to show how bad drinking and driving is, he got off lightly by the sounds of it. Let's hope the police throw the book at him.

Hope your feeling a bit more settled now, what an awful experience to have to go through.
He's lucky you stopped to help him, unfortunately theres a lot of people that would have just driven past.

Have a good christmas hun.

What a close shave, glad you are ok, and that you phoned the police. I dont think there is any excuse for drinking and driving not even 1 glass or bottle.

I believe thats what they call "karma" (for the idiotic driver) it's such a shame when their "karma" involves someone else's tragedy.
Glad you are OK.

Its lucky really that he didn't kill someone, let alone himself.

Its always the innocent person who just nipped out for 5 mins that ends up hurt while the drunk just staggers from the wreck saying "i only had 1".....drinking and driving sucks...there is NO excuse.

So glad you are safe babes, although i am sure it still shook you up. xxx

Had a similar thing last night, boy racer passing on the outside of two cars (one being mine) on the opposite side of the road. Luckily a taxi held him up as he tried to pull in (cutting up the car beside me) or I think he would have raced onto the roundabout up ahead and take someone out.

The annoying thing is, 100yrd further on is another roundabout, where a police car was sitting......why couldn't it have been closer and spotted this idiot. As for your idiot, being the person I am, I would have got out mobile in hand to ask "Maybe that will teach you some road sense, now shall I phone the police, an ambulance or your insurance company?"

I am so glad you did the sensible thing and slowed down to let him get on with it, to many peeps would have sped up to teach him a lesson and ended up in the ditch instead of him.
lets keep our 'merry' christmas for when we're walking:lol:
Just glad you're ok

thanks for all your replies,

i am feeling fine now after feeling a little shaken this morning, i havnt heard anything from the police so i just hope that everything is ok but i just hope that he gets what he deserve's.

sorry if that sounds harse but that is just how i feel.

thanks for all your replies,

i am feeling fine now after feeling a little shaken this morning, i havnt heard anything from the police so i just hope that everything is ok but i just hope that he gets what he deserve's.

sorry if that sounds harse but that is just how i feel.

Me too Emma, I used to live in Cyprus( was very young at the time 20, a million years ago!!!!), my friend and I accepted a lift home from someone we knew, but didn't know he was over the limit! Anyway we had a car crash and she was killed and I now have a lovely piece of metal in my knee and georgous scar on my face so I agree, hope he gets what he deserves!

sorry to hear you were involved in a RTA because of a drink driver. like you io was in one many years ago and recieved a realy bad head injury along with others, at that moment i was like a baby i had to learn to walk, talk and eat all over again. so it really fustrates me when people do it.

i was watching the news last night and couldnt believe how many people the police had stopped for drink driving.:mad:

I had a friend who at fifteen was hit by a drunk driver,he lost three years of his life, to cut a long story short,nearly ten years on he has no life,he was awarded so much money that when he could,the partying started,he is now a " down and out " with no money and some serious drug abuse problems,it may have happened anyway,who knows,but my point is it affects people,some for the rest of their lives,even if they do live it can destroy their future.

People think i am anal by refusing to get in the car with someone who has had one drink,well i saw my friend on that hospital bed,green in colour and he didn't even know his own mother,so i don't care what people think.

Imo it should be illegal to drive after consuming any alcohol whatso ever !

Have a safe xmas my friends :hug:

Imo it should be illegal to drive after consuming any alcohol whatso ever !

Have a safe xmas my friends :hug:[/quote]
here here i agree totally :hug:

Latest posts

Back