Why dont I tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty_

Reaction score
wierd question - i use sienna x on my clients and it is fab, goes a lovely colour on them but when its on me it just doesnt take. Anyone know why this might be? It goes ok on my face and chest but arms and legs just dont really change colour. using the 12% aswell......any ideas? cheers peeps x

Hello my love!

What you using to prep your skin hon? How are you applying it ?

tigi
xxx

i always exfoliate and moisturise the night before just like i tell my clients to, then just spray away, get my other half to help spray me but can see that it is going on ok as the guide colour is there. even spray my arms twice to try and make same colour. i must have wierd skin on my arms!! lol x

what products you using to exfoliate and moisturise? just wondering if they are leaving a barrier? a long shot probably..........

thinking body is taking because clothes are rubbing the skin and taking the barrier away...........(as i say this may be a long shot).

i just use whatever is around, varies from stuff i may have got in an xmas set or old body shop stuff. might try some new and see if that makes a difference. will do a tan on myself tomorrow without exf and moist just to see what happens and take it from there. thanks for ur ideas x

You could very well have a resistance to DHA. I am not sure if the solution you are using has erythulose in. Check, if it doesn't try one that has. You may find that this works slightly better on you. If not then you are probably one of those people who nothing will owrk on because of this resistance.

wierd question - i use sienna x on my clients and it is fab, goes a lovely colour on them but when its on me it just doesnt take. Anyone know why this might be? It goes ok on my face and chest but arms and legs just dont really change colour. using the 12% aswell......any ideas? cheers peeps x

odd questions but
1) do you smoke
2) do you suffer from cold hands feet...blood circulation to extremities of your body
3)are you,in these areas relativley slim...I.E. not much flesh on them there bones in these areas
4) who spray tans you ???

could definitly be your shower gels/exfoliators if they are oil based dove is the worst!
Intriuged by colins questions as I smoke and have really cold hands and feet, and have really thin arms and legs lol xx

Im exactly the same tan colour just does not take as good on me as it does on clients. Been told its because im really pain skined xx

Why don't you send off for samples from other companies and try them out? One of them may work for you, you never know xxx

odd questions but
1) do you smoke
2) do you suffer from cold hands feet...blood circulation to extremities of your body
3)are you,in these areas relativley slim...I.E. not much flesh on them there bones in these areas
4) who spray tans you ???

1) no
2) no
3) no, plenty of flesh...lol
4) i spray myself as much as i can and my partner does the bits i can't reach

not much help sorry..... takes on my face and chest lovely, its just my arms mainly, my legs dont tan on holiday so that doesnt surprise me so much. maybe i will get samples for other tans and see if there is a difference. thanks for all your feedback peeps xx

why dont you pop by the salon and ill spray you with some la tan and then we can see whats occuring????? (no charge) .
xx

could definitly be your shower gels/exfoliators if they are oil based dove is the worst!
Intriuged by colins questions as I smoke and have really cold hands and feet, and have really thin arms and legs lol xx

A heavy smoker could potentially suffer from circulation problems which surface mainly in the extremities of the body...mainly legs....this can cause problems with a tan outcome...much like shins where there isn't much flesh below the skin.

1) no
2) no
3) no, plenty of flesh...lol
4) i spray myself as much as i can and my partner does the bits i can't reach

not much help sorry..... takes on my face and chest lovely, its just my arms mainly, my legs dont tan on holiday so that doesnt surprise me so much. maybe i will get samples for other tans and see if there is a difference. thanks for all your feedback peeps xx

mmm now that's me snookered LOL...if you tan elsewhere then its not the solution your using...it could be either that your applying something to your skin on these areas that is creating a barrier...like moisturising heavily,or clothing rubbing or that ...well..to these areas you just dont tan.
Have you tried rubbing in a moisturiser fortified with DHA to these areas post spray tan application that could maybe help blend in the paler parts :hug:

thats what i think colin, i reckon its something on the skin, that is being rubbed off as she moves about, hense the tan not taking on the arms and legs as they are not being rubbed by clothing.

Lets experiment on her..................... (insert evil laugh here!).

thats what i think colin, i reckon its something on the skin, that is being rubbed off as she moves about, hense the tan not taking on the arms and legs as they are not being rubbed by clothing.

Lets experiment on her..................... (insert evil laugh here!).

LOl agreed..so how/what are we going to experiment on her then..are we going to whack her with some B&Q antique oak fence paint and see if that sticks :twisted:

lets spray her many many many stripy colours and see which one lasts after rubbing her down with sandpaper and spraying her with a jet hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
after rubbing her down with sandpaper and spraying her with a jet hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there you go,,...and now your promoting B&Q...every penny towards the pension fund helps...yey :eek::lol::hug:

A heavy smoker could potentially suffer from circulation problems which surface mainly in the extremities of the body...mainly legs....this can cause problems with a tan outcome...much like shins where there isn't much flesh below the skin.

Ahhhh! well I seem to tan quite well but am not a heavy smoker, but my tan did'nt take so well to my boney shins when sprayed but I apply manually with mit now no problems lol xx

Ahhhh! well I seem to tan quite well but am not a heavy smoker, but my tan did'nt take so well to my boney shins when sprayed but I apply manually with mit now no problems lol xx

That's great....(not the heavy smokin bit :smack:).as well as you havin some "boney bits" :hug:

You could also try using a moisturiser fortified with DHA on these areas as it will help with a tan as well as moisturise these areas which do tend to get a tad drier than the more...well...fleshy areas :hug:

Latest posts

Back