Why has Brisa Lite Clear been discontinued?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylormadenails

Reaction score
Why on earth have they discontinued brisa lite clear sculpting gel and kept the pink? I'm fuming about it! I go through 2 pots a month and now I'm having to go to the U.S. To buy it! Why bring out a product to discontinue it??? Creative are discontinuing so many of the popular items like moonlight and riders! What is happening can someone please fill me in ??????

Its all going as of next year!

In 2016 they are stopping all the brisa sculpting products, no word on the replacement yet but BL Smoothing is meant to be staying... Im trying to find the original post I saw it on but cant find it.

A couple of techs emailed CND & got an official reply confirming that they have current stock, but it will be discontinued next year. Sam also posted confirmation but I cant find that either :( xx

No way! I just don't understand why they would introduce a product then take it away? So when you say all brisa you mean brisa & brisa lite? What about the millions of customers using it??? Do they not realise that could potentially damage our businesses if that's what we use and can no longer offer the treatment! This is was pee's me off about cnd! Nothing ever lasts forever and they are so quick to discontinue things! Their colours are never hugely different! I have always been 100% CND and NEVER imagined going off them as they are all I have known for 11 years but the more they do things like this the more I am losing loyalty! X

I heard it was just the smoothing and the Brisa lite sculpting. Not the Brisa Gels

Does anybody know why they are discontinuing then? What else are they getting rid of?

Brisa light smoothing gel is staying apparently. It's just the sculpting that's being discontinued. It probably has something to do with brisa light being cheaper to train with and buy x

From Samantha Sweet,

“On behalf of CND Samuel and I would like to apologise for the mixed messages regarding Brisa Lite. We have just returned from the North American Cosmoprof show in Las Vegas where we met with CND. At this meeting we were informed that Brisa Lite would be discontinued in 2016. After checking BL stock levels we can confirm that there is no issue for the immediate foreseeable future in regards to Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel other than low stock of Brisa Lite Clear Gel.

Our Award Winning Customer Care team (who all do nails) have informed us that they use pink sheer on their clients as it is a complimentary colour to all nail plates- more so than Clear making it a great option for your customer. Although Sam, Jim and I do our level best to fight your corner and to get you what you need when you need it, we do not have the influence to change decisions made at a corporate level.

This can be terribly frustrating for all of us (including Customer Care and our CND Education Ambassadors across the board), when we know that our customers particularly love something and the decision is made for a discontinuation but we are here to deliver the CND message and sometimes we can’t change that decision no matter how much we would like to. We know this doesn’t change anything but hopefully it gives you a level of understanding to our involvement when it comes to these corporation decisions.”

Love & Respect

Samantha Sweet

Sweet Squared

Sorry if my post wasn't clear-yes its just Brisa Lite Sculpting thats going. Brisa & Brisa Lite Smoothing are both staying. Thats the message from Sam that I had, I couldnt for the life of me remember where I saw it! xx

I am resurrecting this post, as the official word was that only Brisa removable gel was being discontinued. However, I have had an email from s2 advising that the Brisa Lite base coat is in low supply and will not be replaced. What are you supposed to use as a base for the Smoothing gel, or is that also going now?

If there's still lots of stock of smoothing gel available but no base coat how's that going to work?

If there's still lots of stock of smoothing gel available but no base coat how's that going to work?

I don't know, I am hoping someone from S2 can advise.

I'm in the US and can not find brisa lite base either. I emailed CND and have not gotten a reply, I then messaged them on Facebook with no reply. No one locally can answer my questions. I get most of my news from you all from way across the pond!

Ive been told that even smoothing gel is being discontinued but they are trying out other ways to use what we have without the base coat and hold tight till new year

Surely there is a reason for a discontinued product? I've had problems with the gel, they just don't last like my acrylic nail extensions do, I found it to be a very hit and miss product. I called sweet squared and they were helpful and couldn't give me an answer as to why some clients nails didn't last.

Surely there is a reason for a discontinued product? I've had problems with the gel, they just don't last like my acrylic nail extensions do, I found it to be a very hit and miss product. I called sweet squared and they were helpful and couldn't give me an answer as to why some clients nails didn't last.
You really cannot expect a soak off gel to last like liquid and powder acrylic.

And? This is a forum for exchanging information not getting one up on each other.

You really cannot expect a soak off gel to last like liquid and powder acrylic.
Maybe Emma is referring to just Brisa gel not lite here?

I was referring to Brisa lite sculpting gel in clear and the pink.
It's a lovely product but just doesn't have the same staying power as my NSI liquid and powder.
Shame because it attracts a lot of clients.

X

I recently asked on the CND Facebook messenger if and why brisa lite was being discontinued and what will be replacing the smoothing gel...this was the reply...
Hi Suzanne, At CND, we pride ourselves on being THE resource for professional and reliable nail products and services – and with that comes the evolution of our product portfolio based on Global Nail Professional and customer demand. We are very proud of the innovative technology developed for the BRISA™ Lite system, and are very disappointed it will no longer be available for purchase. As the global leader in professional nail care, we will continue to advance the state of the industry with innovative products, class-leading education and salon support to meet the needs of our valued Nail Professionals and their clients. As a replacement for BRISA™ Lite, we encourage our customers to use RETENTION+™ Liquid & Powder, which also offers wearable, sculptable and removable Nail Enhancements that can easily be rebalanced. Because BRISA™ Lite was a unique item to our portfolio, we do not have an exact substitute for it. For more information, please visit http://www.cnd.com/pro-products/enhancements/liquid-powder-system. If you have any further questions, please contact a member of our hotline at 800-833-6245. We appreciate your dedication to CND.

Perhaps calgel can offer an alternative or biosculpture?

Latest posts

Back