Why is it taking me so long???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsie*

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to apologise for how long this post is going to be....Sorry!

I went on my ee course only afew weeks ago, since then I have quite afew sets on friends.
But the problem is it's taking me forever to do the lashes and I'm not even doing a full set i.e every lash.

It's taking roughly 3 hrs =(..Are there any other newbies that are having the same problem?

The most frustrating thing is the isolating of the lashes this seems to be my issue.it could take me up to like 3 minutes to do this sometimes.

Once I've applied the lash with glue which I don't have problems with this I use the blower which can sometimes take a while also.The glue that was put in my kit isn't the fast drying one.

From the sets that I have done I have not had any clumping at all which im pleased with.What Im thinking to help speed the process up is maybe switching to the fast drying glue, do you think this may help?

One thing that I was thinking of purchasing is the mannequin head only to help with my speed, does anyone else have one of these, or would bur one of these to help?

Sorry to be a pain with this long post but just feel a little frustrated with myself..

Thanks guys xx

Hi all,

I would like to apologise for how long this post is going to be....Sorry!

I went on my ee course only afew weeks ago, since then I have quite afew sets on friends.
But the problem is it's taking me forever to do the lashes and I'm not even doing a full set i.e every lash.

It's taking roughly 3 hrs =(..Are there any other newbies that are having the same problem?

The most frustrating thing is the isolating of the lashes this seems to be my issue.it could take me up to like 3 minutes to do this sometimes.

Once I've applied the lash with glue which I don't have problems with this I use the blower which can sometimes take a while also.The glue that was put in my kit isn't the fast drying one.

From the sets that I have done I have not had any clumping at all which im pleased with.What Im thinking to help speed the process up is maybe switching to the fast drying glue, do you think this may help?

One thing that I was thinking of purchasing is the mannequin head only to help with my speed, does anyone else have one of these, or would bur one of these to help?

Sorry to be a pain with this long post but just feel a little frustrated with myself..

Thanks guys xx

Awww love you.

Well Id say maybe go for a fast drying glue BUT not too fast. Im pretty quick but I couldnt deal with a platinum glue today! GUTTED.

I know your going to keep hearing it but it really is practice. I picked it up pretty quick. but its like driving....everyone at their own pace.

Maybe eyelash emporium medium glue??? Buy a small one a see how you get on. What glue are you using now?

I have never used a head so cant comment....cant u get some keen live models? xx

You are not alone hunny I am new to it all and have the same problem with isolating. I have a training head - Priscilla i call her lol.
Priscilla is very patient and is always there for me even when i stab her in frustration:D
However the lashes i fix to her are no where near as natural as, well -Natural lashes and real live ones are better if you can.

Good Luck hun i just wanted you to know you are not alone Keep positive keep practice practice practicing and we will get there HU:hug:GS

I completely agree with Proper Princess. I am a fast learner and so also picked up the technique quickly, but it is a tricky treatment and practice really does make perfect. On my first few sets the isolation also took the most time. If your application is ok, then I would suggest moving onto a fastER grying glue, but not super fast just yet.
Don't stress yourself with trying to apply to all lashes, as some you shouldnt be applying to anyway as they are too small and cannot yet with hold the weight of an extension. As long as they look even and of a good thickness thats your main aim for now.
As you go on, your time will pick up and you will naturally complete a fuller and thicker set in a shorter space of time.
Oh, I also never used a mannequin head, I feel that you need to be practising on real people to get an accurate feeling of what REAL people are like-they move, blink, sleep and wriggle and thats all part of the learning curve.xx

Im using flirties glue the one down from the 2 sec dryin one.I have a few models that are happy to help but I thought if i got a head then I can just do it every night for a while to pick up the speed....

So frustrating arrggg!!

How long did it take you to pick it up?how long does it tae you to do a full set?

xx

3 hours here for me too Chelsie hon! And like you, that's not even a full set! :p

One of my problems is that I 'find' a lash, and then need both hands to pick the extension lash up as I simply cannot pick it up with one hand... thereby 'loosing' the lash held in the other hand (does that make sense?)

(would love to know how other EE Techy's master that one!)

I am warning new Ladies that it will take at least 3 hours if they want a lot of lashes and they are OK with that. I make sure they have a wee before they climb on the bed too!

I am using the Eyelash Emporium glue - with the pink label, and find that OK for me as once I have isolated my lash, I find I can place it without too many probs... it's just isolating it is my problem! x

Good luck and am sure you will get there. xx

How long did it take you to pick it up?how long does it tae you to do a full set?

xx

I probably did about 6 sets and then felt happy to offer to clients. It now takes me about 1 hour, 1hr 15mins max to apply a full set.
x

Ooooh.. and meant to say I wouldn't bother with a manequin head. Justy try and find lots of friends and family who are happy to be lashed up and practised on! x

Thanks for the replies guys,it's nice to know that there are others having the same problem and its not just me !!!..I'm trying to get more people involved in wanting them, you would think as there free i'd have a queue of people but no!!!...
I may try and get a faster drying glue to try out =)

Thanks for the support xx

One of my problems is that I 'find' a lash, and then need both hands to pick the extension lash up as I simply cannot pick it up with one hand... thereby 'loosing' the lash held in the other hand (does that make sense?)

Are you using the loose lashes? If so, its much easier to use the lashes on strips (although I know most starter kits come with the loose lashes and it seems to be a waste not to use them-I still have all my pots from my starter kit and dont use them anymore)
By using the strips which stick to the back of your hand, you can isolate your lash, then hold the tweezers either side of it and use your other hand to pick up the lash from the strip, swipe through the glue and place.
x

Thats make total sense justlashes as the same happens to me sometimes.I'm going to have a look round at glues and maybe get a faster drying one.

I will try and practice practice practice =)

Hope it gets easier for you as well..Keep up the good work xx

I'm using the strip lashes as they came in my kit.Although I have never used the loose ones in a pot, I can see that the ones on the strip are much easier and quicker.I usually have the strip stuck to the jade stone where my glue is.xx

Thanks Miss... I do have quite a few trays with the strips on but was unsure how long the stickyness lasts for as I like to apply different lengths of lashes and don't use an entire strip up per application, and I don't want to waste the remaining lashes on the strip because the stickyness has gone..

Does that makse sense? x

Thats make total sense justlashes as the same happens to me sometimes.I'm going to have a look round at glues and maybe get a faster drying one.

I will try and practice practice practice =)

Hope it gets easier for you as well..Keep up the good work xx

Thanks honey.. you too xxx

3 hours here for me too Chelsie hon! And like you, that's not even a full set! :p

I am warning new Ladies that it will take at least 3 hours if they want a lot of lashes and they are OK with that. I make sure they have a wee before they climb on the bed too!

I am using the Eyelash Emporium glue - with the pink label, and find that OK for me as once I have isolated my lash, I find I can place it without too many probs... it's just isolating it is my problem! x

Good luck and am sure you will get there. xx

Ok so how about....

start with the right eye and your table to your right...

on a silicone pad, start with say your 13mm lashes (for arguments sake say 6 lashes) and line up and get them ready (whether your using mink or lose) try and place them on the pad the direction you need to pick them up? start at the outside corner and isolate with your left...pick up with your right, maybe if they are lined up ready you could learn to pick up with one hand. 2mm along isolate another then attach...do this 4 times. I do one eye then another so then id line up say 4 11mm lashes and do the same. then 9mm lashes and the same again. Then line up say 10 x 10mm and fill fill fill all the way along. Then do it again. and maybe again. at this point maybe your will be able to get 4-5 8mm towards the inner corner of the eye. So work that out.... you could have around 60 lashes her...full set.... sometimes more. Dont think that big lashes are everything, you will get a good effect from smaller ones too. and they are more gentle on lashes!!!

Im trying my best to describe how i do it. But everyone is different. I do think lining them up in the direction you would pick them up may help xx

I did about 50 sets before I posted a pic on here and asked....should I charge. I did many sets a day xxx

Thanks Miss... I do have quite a few trays with the strips on but was unsure how long the stickyness lasts for as I like to apply different lengths of lashes and don't use an entire strip up per application, and I don't want to waste the remaining lashes on the strip because the stickyness has gone..

Does that makse sense? x

Im confused??? Am I being thick?

3 hours for a full set & you have only been doing lashes a few weeks - THAT IS FANTASTIC!

Dont be too hard on yourself, the most important thing is that you are doing perfect sets, speed will come with practise & confidence, & yes quicker drying glue will help too.

I have been doing lashes for 7 years & a full set takes me 2- 2half hours, every now & then I get my lashes done too & they take about the same time.

I think to be really quick at doing lashes it helps if you only do lashes & are doing them every day. I do all beauty treatments & dont find EE really popular.

Hope that helps x

Im confused??? Am I being thick?

No PP.. it was how I worded it!

What I was concerened about was removing the strip of lashes from the tray, placing it on the back of my hand and then not using them all.

Would the stickyness be lost and therefore the strip of lashes of no use anymore.....

Does that make better sense??

I took four hours in the beginning and felt like crying!!

Then I used strip lashes, a faster glue and dropped to 1.5 hrs, now it takes 1hr-1.15; but I have some clients I will spend 2hrs on because they have lots and lots and lots of eyelashes!

Another thing I always used people, never a dummy, people are easier I felt but also I was able to get feedback-something a dummy can't do!

Xxx

I might have to try that technique proper princess thanks - Sounds like and looks like it workse for you.I have seen your pics and they look fab..Wish I had the time and the people to do many a day =(...

Cheers chick xx

Latest posts

Back