Why not do sculptured all the time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do Young nails reverse sculpts - they're fantastic. If you go on their website it shows you how to do them
X

sculpting is so much nicer to do and imo you get more satisfaction out of it too, it is also definately stronger than tipping from my experience.

The biggest comment I get from my clients is.. "Oh my god I cant feel them at all" - meaning they dont feel tight, all my clients who were ex tiped clients from some other tech (and lets face it I am probably one of the only techs in my city who sculpts) say that their nails always felt heavy, or tight.. and IMO thats down to tips creating that un-natural feeling.

Hi,

I only do sculpture as it is easier than tip and overlay for me. I also like the overall finish because I think they are stronger. Just my opinion x

Pibsy:green:

I do Young nails reverse sculpts - they're fantastic. If you go on their website it shows you how to do them
X

I had a look at that and was shocked to see the fella using an E-file to take the shine off the nn... :eek:... sorta goes against everything i now know to be correct!! No offence to YNails or anything.. but with all the good products available to use why would anyone need to take anything off the nn?? Sorry but it just bought back memories of my first tutor "etching" the nail plate..

It was a bad feed so perhaps he wasnt actually etching but it sure looked like it from where i was sitting.. I am a complete novice at E-files so i shouldnt comment but the local nail bar does the same and i have seen some bad results!..

Still each to there own i spose.. :green:

meaning they dont feel tight, all my clients who were ex tiped clients from some other tech say that their nails always felt heavy, or tight.. and IMO thats down to tips creating that un-natural feeling.

IMO it's probably down to the fact that the tips haven't been applied properly in the first place.
Tips or sculptures, doesn't worry me, I wear both depending on my mood at the time of applying. I don't feel any difference at all, and neither do my clients.

Tips... What's that???:lol::lol::lol:I am kidding.
I only use them in class to teach my students tip application and blending.

IMO it's probably down to the fact that the tips haven't been applied properly in the first place.

I have to agree with this.
Not all nails are equally curved,and not all nails are flat.
If you put a very curved tip on an ultra flat nail.... or vice versa.. hence why we have soooooooo many different kinds of tips. I had TONNES for all the different nails and needs. What a collection :rolleyes:

Hence why I prefer sculpting (at least, it's another reason). Sculpting will work no matter what. No worries about picking the right kind of tips for the right nails, etc. And no clutter with a gazillion boxes of tips. So, no boxes of tips means more room for my nail art stuff LOL:lol:

I had a first practise at sculpts on myself the other week, although a few nails were tipped (ski jump). I definitely want a 1-2-1 to master this (especially fitting forms), because I really prefer the look and strength over tips. Can't wait to have a guinea pig to practise on!:green:

I much prefer sculpting - seemed to take to it better whilst training than I did to tips! Oddly!!!

I know it's all personal preference but for me sculpting not only gives a nicer finish and for the client, feels much more natural, it's also a bit more sympathetic to the natural nail IMHO.

And just as a wee note - I did my best set of sculpts so far on Saturday there and it was very much thanks to the tutorial on here about the 'push, pull' method of application.

Forever indebted to salongeek for this top tip! Fank oo :hug:

I did my best set of sculpts so far on Saturday there and it was very much thanks to the tutorial on here about the 'push, pull' method of application.

Forever indebted to salongeek for this top tip! Fank oo :hug:

I'm the same, changed to push pull after reading it here.. gave it a go . .loved it.. stuck with it.

push pull technique....can you please give me the link to this? thanks.

Latest posts

Back