Why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannipatch

Reaction score
Why do I have to pay £18 delivery to Sweet Squared for delivery to Northern Ireland? What are my alternatives? My home is in the United Kingdom and my currency is Sterling! Thank-you :mad:

Why do I have to pay £18 delivery to Sweet Squared for delivery to Northern Ireland? What are my alternatives? My home is in the United Kingdom and my currency is Sterling! Thank-you :mad:

I suppose your alternatives(if you regularly attend trade shows) would be to stock up big time at the next beauty show,that way you wouldn't incure such costs.HTH

I have the same problem but I think it is to do with the products that we are ordering and the carriers that ship it charge more.

Unfortunately we do not have trade shows over here either so I don't have an alternative.

They have just introduced a reduced cost for ordering just minx though and think that would include 'overseas' orders as well so at least thats something.

Not much we can do about it really - just make the most of the orders that you do make but I admit it is a bit frustrating when you need just one or two things or you have to make a seperate order if they were out of stock of something at the time you orders.

Their service is great though can't complain at that!

What you're paying for is the atrocious fee for sending something via courier over the sea. Anything flammable must go this way.

You could contact the Creative Academy Dublin as Northern Ireland is non exclusive (both our companies service NI). We have also stopped sending Minx only orders out via Courier to avoid this cost as Royal Mail doesn't charge extra.

HTHs!

What you're paying for is the atrocious fee for sending something via courier over the sea. Anything flammable must go this way.

You could contact the Creative Academy Dublin as Northern Ireland is non exclusive (both our companies service NI). We have also stopped sending Minx only orders out via Courier to avoid this cost as Royal Mail doesn't charge extra.

HTHs!

Ok - what if I don't want to order anything flammable just now. Can it be delivered by Royal Mail? Suggestion - If both your companies service NI, then I should be able to order from your web-site, pay in my own currency and you arrange delivery with Dublin. Could this be done?

We are not affiliated with Creative Academy Dublin - they are their own company so we couldn't really take your order and have them ship it :(

It also really depends on what you want shipping that is non hazardous. 90% of what we do is hazardous. The new Minx/Royal mail system is specific to Minx so not sure if we could roll it our to other products (package sizes get a nightmare to manage via royal mail and our automation system).

Thank-you for your replys. What weight do I get for my £18?

I just wanted to confirm that shipping costs to Ireland are atrocious.

That is Northern Ireland (i.e. UK) as well as Eire.

I totally understand that customers are irked by shipping costs but to be honest, shipping is a loss-maker for us distributors.

I have just placed an order for Gelous and guess what - I had no shipping charges to pay!!! Why is that then??? :( I would really like to be able to understand this. Anyone?

To be honest, it may be a loss leader. I don't charge extra shipping to Ireland, I just take the hit for goodwill purposes. Not to say I always will though!

I have just placed an order for Gelous and guess what - I had no shipping charges to pay!!! Why is that then??? :( I would really like to be able to understand this. Anyone?
Maybe their couriers don't charge them? ;)

Its up to 10 kilos, we generally eat the cost on additional weight.

Last edited:
Its 18pounds to the isle of wight to :( ive tried to argue many times as I know that red funnel or wight link who run the ferrys DONT charge extra for this across the solent ,
As everything is shipped to this island! Big things (like tankers ) come across the solent at about 4am but my packages don't lol

I have found if your order is over 100 and you place it online you can get it free delivery that might have changed now, but basically I just waite as long as I can then get it all at the same time,

Ive needed scrubfresh for about 8 weeks as I'm not working in the salon right now I have noting else on my list lol so it might be a long time as I'm not adding 18 pounds to the cost lol

To be honest, it may be a loss leader. I don't charge extra shipping to Ireland, I just take the hit for goodwill purposes. Not to say I always will though!

Hi Zo Zo,
That is what I call good customer service. You care about all your customers all of the time. There is a fair profit margin on nail supplies - surely some of the shipping costs could be absorbed by the company. My problem is not so much the £18 charge but more the principal involved. I have paid £18 in the past for Minx!!! Where is the love and respect for N.I techs?

Now come on - that's not fair. That is what the courier charges us to ship items to you. While I am totally fanatic about customer service, its not commercially viable to eat £18 on even a £100 order which ultimately means it isn't good customer service either.

Some companies may have distribution points in Ireland which makes it more cost effective to deliver. Some break the law and send out flammables via Royal Mail. Some will simply require a substantial minimum order to guarantee costs are covered.

You are not without options though. Creative Academy Dublin can ship mainland to you without the couriers reaming anyone and remember that Minx only orders are £2.50 to ship to NI. I wish there was another answer (and maybe there will be one day in the not too distant future ;) ) however for us to pay £18 to send out a £10 item (as an example) just isn't realistic at all.

Thanks for understanding

Now come on - that's not fair.

Aah I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend, was merely a tongue in cheek jibe, the Northern Irish humour I'm afraid :)

That is what the courier charges us to ship items to you. While I am totally fanatic about customer service, its not commercially viable to eat £18 on even a £100 order which ultimately means it isn't good customer service either.

Absolutely! But a small percentage would be nice.

Some companies may have distribution points in Ireland :idea: (in Northern Ireland please, I support my own economy) which makes it more cost effective to deliver. Some break the law and send out flammables via Royal Mail. Some will simply require a substantial minimum order to guarantee costs are covered.

You are not without options though. Creative Academy Dublin can ship mainland to you without the couriers reaming anyone and remember that Minx only orders are £2.50 to ship to NI.

My currency is Steriling and not Euro

I wish there was another answer (and maybe there will be one day in the not too distant future ;) ) weh, heh however for us to pay £18 to send out a £10 item (as an example) just isn't realistic at all.

Absolutely agree!

Thanks for understanding

Just not my day I'm afraid as I have just had an e-mail about my gelous order which I was crowing about earlier because I had no shipping to pay. All £450 worth cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland. All paid and all sorted I thought. So you are not on your own. :idea: Think I will forget the nails and start a courier business (now that would be fun) don't you think!! And I would be rich lol

I think you should, we would use you!

I appreciate your understanding on this - we would desperately love to ship to you without having such extortionate courier charges. We are always on the look for ways to improve, and shipping offshore is certainly an area we will look even harder into!

Problem is .... The isle of Wight is not classed as off sure !!
That's why our post codes start PO it stands for portsmouth ! The island kept a main land post code for shipping costs !

Otherwise it would be IW in the post code ,

I don't get exsess charge from any other companie , mAybe they are ripping S2 off?

To be honest, most of what you get from Sweet Squared you can get in Creative Dublin with the exception of a few things like Dashing Diva but you can source them elsewhere. The only thing with ordering from Dublin, its fine for me because I am in Dublin but depending on where you are up North you'd have to pay in Euro which might make it all the more expensive as things are generally a lot cheaper sterling so you might find that its probably worth it just to pay the £18, when you factor in the exchange rate etc HTH

Latest posts

Back