wide nails? 101 tips to make them look presentable!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel1978

Reaction score
Hi all.
I thought this may be an interesting topic to keep you all busy!
The majority of my clients i am happy in the nails i create, i however hate the nails that are naturally wide. They are just not pleasing to my eye!
Overall the nails i do are pink and white and custom blends,
Are there any decieving ways of making those nails to die for? Apart from the obvious tapering them in.
I shall look forward to hearing your replies!

I find that pinching the C curve helps a lot with wide nails.

Rachelle

saddling your tips helps too xx

I would also say that pinching thr "c" curve in really does bring them in, plus tapering the tip so when you apply the white for the free edge it doesn't look hippy.

I also would say that doing an almond shaped nail helps to give the more sleek look to wide nails, definately not square as this tends to make them look wider.

deepen the smiles

Yip I'm with Joanne deepen the smile lines, and I did'nt think you were supposed to pinch the C curve unless it was for competion nails that were coming straight back off?????

Thank you for your replies peeps they are much appreciated. The things that you have responded with are all techniques i have already used, i am a bit of a perfectionist and when it comes to things like this i want to give my client the best!!!
I am concerned that perhaps the white smiles are perhaps not helping the situation..is that just me?
Do you think a custom blended free edge colour could look better? I have done the almond shape a few times before but sometimes it simply does not compliment the hand shape!

A custom blended free edge colour would not be as in your face as a bright white so may make them look less wide, it would be worth a try, have you tried Gigi's mix its really nice.

A custom blended free edge colour would not be as in your face as a bright white so may make them look less wide, it would be worth a try, have you tried Gigi's mix its really nice.

I am yet to try that mix ....i have one thats not to dissimilar. I think i will maybe try that and do before with the white and then after with the natural and see how i get on! Thanks Chick x x x

dont forget to post the pics

Latest posts

Back