Will Blue Sky work with CND lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said Hotske to Trotske is a fab turquoise and you can use the Yellow Additive to make yellow over Cream Puff.

As you are trained in Shellac and have mani/pedi qualifications, then please update your profile that this is the case.
We also have the new qualifications section that you can fill out.

For everyone, it is really helpful if you keep your profiles up to date :)

How do i do it on the salon geek app? As i cant do it any other way x

You have the option on the App to switch to using a browser like Safari and you can edit your profile there. Unfortunately it can't be done on the App, but switching to a browser for a few minutes to do it isn't a big deal.
If you need further info you can ask in My Forum or Site Assistance.

Like ive said its for personal use and i buy alot from SS. So i dont see what is wrong with having a play with other brands on myself... Just like i buy OPI barry m rimmel.... So as i say again just for personal use and not for my clients x

It's cheap companies like bs that put us pros out of a job!

I think it's a shame that a geek can't just ask a simple question about a gel polish brand without getting told how bad it is etc nd how geeks who use CND disapprove. Blue sky is a gel in its own right that is separate to CND Shellac and im sure a lot of people use it successfully and it is unfair to stop the geeks who do use it from getting advice on their chosen brand because others disaprove. It is nice to help and educate but remember we all chose our brand for our own reasons xx

Wasn't having a go, but I think we all have a responsibility to keep our selfs in business and stop the cheap companies from under cutting us!

Reactions: Dnx
I think it's a shame that a geek can't just ask a simple question about a gel polish brand without getting told how bad it is etc nd how geeks who use CND disapprove. Blue sky is a gel in its own right that is separate to CND Shellac and im sure a lot of people use it successfully and it is unfair to stop the geeks who do use it from getting advice on their chosen brand because others disaprove. It is nice to help and educate but remember we all chose our brand for our own reasons xx

I wouldn't stop other techs from using other brands. BUT, BS is a product only available through ebay like sites. It's not a professional brand, no MSDS or info on the product. You don't know what's in it. I use Shellac and Gelish. I found that some clients wanted colours that weren't available to me in Shellac (and not all clients want to pay the extra fee for additives and layering). So I did my research, and brought in another professional brand. Nothing wrong with having options, but as a trained professional I see no need in using cheap, un-researched, possibly dangerous products on anyone, including myself. There are so many great reputable professional brands to choose from.

It's not a case of having a go at anyone, but BS is a cheap imitation selling on places like EBay. As we know it is not a professional brand, so you won't find support on a professional forum for cheap knock offs of a professional product like Shellac.

I wouldn't stop other techs from using other brands. BUT, BS is a product only available through ebay like sites. It's not a professional brand, no MSDS or info on the product. You don't know what's in it. I use Shellac and Gelish. I found that some clients wanted colours that weren't available to me in Shellac (and not all clients want to pay the extra fee for additives and layering). So I did my research, and brought in another professional brand. Nothing wrong with having options, but as a trained professional I see no need in using cheap, un-researched, possibly dangerous products on anyone, including myself. There are so many great reputable professional brands to choose from.

agreed, we can all use what we like but it is expected that we need to, at least, have enough respect for ourselves and our fellow professionals , members of a professional forum like this , to use professional products....

If a nail tech uses Opi nail polish or ASP gel polish are they not professional because anyone can buy them? Even if they have training in gel polish and manicures? Being professional is about having training and knowing how to use a product in a way that doesn't damage a nail and maintains its health. How many techs are trained in shellac but use gelish for example. We need to respect everyones choice and if we disagree then it isn't always our place to say, or put down in some cases xx

This is exactly how i feel, it was just for my own personal use and feel like im being attacked just because i wanted too apply it for my holiday! Its very silly as I use all different brands of nail polish but if you ask about any gel polish i feel attacked! I LOVE shellac! But just fancied using the lemon shade under the blue sky brand! I didnt even get told about additives on my shellac course inb manchester! x

I use shellac and gelish but have used a bluesky heat changing one on myself and it was great to be honest. On some of my nail wheels I have used the cheaper eBay stuff just to show nail art. To answer your question it takes about 90 seconds to cure.
Yes it isn't a pro brand but if you want to use it on yourself go for it hun. I don't offer it to clients and wouldn't but I don't mind on my own. I wear acrylics all the time so it doesn't touch my natural nail anyway x

Vicki
Aphrodite Style•Beauty•Hair

Of course everyone is entitled to their own options and opinion! However, being a professional is all about education and understanding.

BS is a cynical rip off of a well respected brand that prides itself on education and supporting the professional. BS is available to anyone.

The day that there is not a (polite) adverse comment on here about using a non professional product is the day it stops being a professional site (I just wist people didn't feel so attacked about it)

Those that properly understand Shellac would know if a rip off gel polish will cure. Those that support their chosen brand will also know what other products are available that improve/enhance/alter a service just by researching and keeping up to date by looking on websites and magazines such as Scratch.

So as much as I disagree with the attacks I do understand the frustration with the original question. If it is just for personal use then you are the best person to do experimentation with!

I use shellac and gelish but have used a bluesky heat changing one on myself and it was great to be honest. On some of my nail wheels I have used the cheaper eBay stuff just to show nail art. To answer your question it takes about 90 seconds to cure.
Yes it isn't a pro brand but if you want to use it on yourself go for it hun. I don't offer it to clients and wouldn't but I don't mind on my own. I wear acrylics all the time so it doesn't touch my natural nail anyway x

Vicki
Aphrodite Style•Beauty•Hair

Thank you! I feel like 2 people in this thread actually understand me! I would like this thread closed if thats possible? As i feel its got a bit out of hand!

This is exactly how i feel, it was just for my own personal use and feel like im being attacked just because i wanted too apply it for my holiday! Its very silly as I use all different brands of nail polish but if you ask about any gel polish i feel attacked! I LOVE shellac! But just fancied using the lemon shade under the blue sky brand! I didnt even get told about additives on my shellac course inb manchester! x

It's a shame you didn't get told about the additives on your course because they really are fab! I don't think people are intentionally 'attacking' you either hon but it is a subject that many are extremely passionate about. Yes BlueSky may arguably be a 'brand in its own right' now but it started out selling off the back of CNDShellac's success. It is only since CND got their patent and managed to ensure that no other brand/system could use the word 'Shellac' that BlueSky suddenly was seen as a 'reputable brand' by some, which in my personal opinion is just laughable (and I would say that if I were a Gelish, Geleration or any other 'gel polish brand' girl)! I totally get you wanting to get a cool lemon colour but the yellow additive on top of cream puff gives u a gorgeous lemon shade. And in my opinion why buy the cheap rubbish when you can treat yourself to a new product altogether?!?! To me it's a no brainer, any excuse for a new product to add to my kit lol

Honestly, once you've tried the additives you'll never look back because the colour opportunities are endless!

Samantha
xoxo
PS: have a fab holiday ;-)

It's a shame you didn't get told about the additives on your course because they really are fab! I don't think people are intentionally 'attacking' you either hon but it is a subject that many are extremely passionate about. Yes BlueSky may arguably be a 'brand in its own right' now but it started out selling off the back of CNDShellac's success. It is only since CND got their patent and managed to ensure that no other brand/system could use the word 'Shellac' that BlueSky suddenly was seen as a 'reputable brand' by some, which in my personal opinion is just laughable (and I would say that if I were a Gelish, Geleration or any other 'gel polish brand' girl)! I totally get you wanting to get a cool lemon colour but the yellow additive on top of cream puff gives u a gorgeous lemon shade. And in my opinion why buy the cheap rubbish when you can treat yourself to a new product altogether?!?! To me it's a no brainer, any excuse for a new product to add to my kit lol

Honestly, once you've tried the additives you'll never look back because the colour opportunities are endless!

Samantha
xoxo
PS: have a fab holiday ;-)

Thanks for such a nice reply put across in a polite manner. Some people come across really rude on this forum. I am definitely going too try the additives as they sound fab! And will let my clientele know. And thank you! Im so excited too have a break! Xx

I am sorry you feel beat up over your choice but I don't think that is the issue here. The issue is not whether BS is good or not; it is that it is a product whose purpose is/was to deceive. It is a copy in every way of CND Shellac even down to the design and graphics on the bottles and colour names. It is designed to trick either the tech or the client into thinking they are using Shellac. It is not a product "in their own right." It is not even an imitation. It is a counterfeit product. They were sued for copyright infringement on that very basis and had to make some changes. You're not being beat up because you made a different choice (many brands are represented here), but because your choice reflects an ethical issue.

We all choose our brands for our own reasons but as professionals (and even as DIYers and consumers), should we use a product whose intent is deceit? Is counterfeiting something we should support? Have you asked yourself why you don't see ads for these counterfeit products? There is a reason that companies like Bluesky or CCO do not advertise in pro magazine or even consumer magazines - It's because advertising would make it clear that it is NOT CND Shellac (or Gelish) and that is precisely the misperception/misrepresentation they are hoping to create and continue. They exist just under the radar of industry ethics, trying to stay one step ahead of the legal departments of companies like CND, HNH and OPI. Here, in the states, BS goes for $9 a bottle on eBay. IBD Just Gel goes for $8.25, Trugel for even less. These are good, legitimate products just at a lower price point and there is no attempt to be seen as anything as what they are. So why would any pro use a counterfeit product even on herself when there are good, proper products at a lower price?

Last edited:
If a nail tech uses Opi nail polish or ASP gel polish are they not professional because anyone can buy them? Even if they have training in gel polish and manicures? Being professional is about having training and knowing how to use a product in a way that doesn't damage a nail and maintains its health. How many techs are trained in shellac but use gelish for example. We need to respect everyones choice and if we disagree then it isn't always our place to say, or put down in some cases xx

OPI and ASP are not counterfeit products so this is not the issue here.

I really don't think anyone is being intentionally rude or putting someone down when something is said that some might not agree with because they use these counterfeit products.

It is not put downs or anything else, it is nail professionals giving their opinion on a professionals only forum. I can't say I have read anything to the contrary. It isn't rude or a personal attack. We just have strong opinions about it.

Last edited:
This is all so unnecessary. .. the OP got her question answered and someone has already explained why BS shouldnt be used.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

A suitable place to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back