Will my hairdresser know I've trimmed my own hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I think I know the answer lol

But can you usually see when someone's had a go?

I have such split ends where I use the straighteners daily and wasn't able to get to my six weekly appointment this week due to some new bookings coming in at the last minute (goody goody, not complaining lol) so I combed my wet hair carefully and just followed the line around the front, trimming off less than half an inch. I used some hairdressing scissors that used to be my auntie's (she was a hairdresser, sadly no longer with us) and they certainly do a better job than the kitchen scissors!

It doesn't look bad (to an unprofessional eye lol) and by the time it's flicked back it's hard to see the exact shape anyway, it will get me through another fortnight anyway. (Naughty naughty I know)

But anyway, my question is, will my hairdresser know? Should I come out and admit it or just sit there and wait for her to say something? What is hairdressers protocol, would you say anything or just do the trim?

Thanks peeps :hug:

I would sit and wait to see if she says anything.....you never know....you could have been a hairdresser in another life !! :lol:

id say ,she probably wont tell you off - after all its your hair , but if its uneven and she doesnt know ,she may start on the shorter side ,and then realise that theres more to come off the other and it may end up shorter than you hoped .

im not a hairdresser but i think she would notice even if she doesnt say anything.ive trimmed my fringe before and another hairdresser has and my hairdresser always notices it.
the way i see it is if someone tried to do something to there nails im sure i would notice it.
i wouldnt worry though its your hair so i doubt she will tell you off.xx

I think I know the answer lol

But can you usually see when someone's had a go?

I have such split ends where I use the straighteners daily and wasn't able to get to my six weekly appointment this week due to some new bookings coming in at the last minute (goody goody, not complaining lol) so I combed my wet hair carefully and just followed the line around the front, trimming off less than half an inch. I used some hairdressing scissors that used to be my auntie's (she was a hairdresser, sadly no longer with us) and they certainly do a better job than the kitchen scissors!

It doesn't look bad (to an unprofessional eye lol) and by the time it's flicked back it's hard to see the exact shape anyway, it will get me through another fortnight anyway. (Naughty naughty I know)

But anyway, my question is, will my hairdresser know? Should I come out and admit it or just sit there and wait for her to say something? What is hairdressers protocol, would you say anything or just do the trim?

Thanks peeps :hug:

wot would you say to a client who had removed a bit of her own nails lol:green:

just be honest - every one does it

:irked: iam a hairdresser myself and i always know when someone has been at their hair with the scissors!! the thing is i would tell your hairdresser as he/she may look at the hair and realise taht is the case but because you go so regually the hairdresser may think that it is something they did wrong in a previous cut this can shatter their confidence so please own up to the hairdresser they wont tell you off!!!!!:)

Just be honest. Tell your hairdresser what you told us. You got crazy busy. Things happen. She probably wonders where you have been. You could even pop her an email saying you got tied up with work and had to have a go at your own hair and you will see her in a few weeks. Perhaps you could schedule your next visit now.

ive done this before and felt awful so went to another hairdresser to get it rectified and then made a excuse that I needed it doing before she could fit me in.

however i did fess up in the end.

things we do !!!

yeah u totally notice, either that or u assume they have been to the worst hairdresser ever hahaha. .

Latest posts

Back