Window shopping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jemima, curtains, YES! As Soon as I seen the photo I thought of long dark velvet puddle curtains with nice curtain ties! They would nicely frame a window logo too if you did go down that road :)

Jemima, curtains, YES! As Soon as I seen the photo I thought of long dark velvet puddle curtains with nice curtain ties! They would nicely frame a window logo too if you did go down that road :)

The inside is Teal, with white and black flowery wall paper. Im not sure that coloru woul dmatch but I love the description!

This pic shows whats just the other side of my shop front. walpaper desk and colours x

Attachments

• BVB4.jpg
    BVB4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 598
Like the idea of curtains - though they will have to be purpose made as you don't want people looking at the lining. What about a couple of hanging baskets - one at either end below he sign - just to soften the frontage?

if you could get a black or dark grey puddle curtain with turquoise embelishment - that would look beautiful and match everything nicely :)

This is the outside of my salon and one close up of my front windows. It's really sunny outside now and we have dark tinted windows so it was impossible to get a good picture without all the reflections on the glass. It looks a lot better in person and the posters show up much more.

I've got more plans for the outside of the shop. Right up top on the roof above my sign is a light box so I need to get a backlit sign made up for that and I want to plant some sort of flowers alond the sides of my footpath to make a nice edge. I used to have 8 bright coloured signs hanging outside from under the lattice trim and they were really eyecatching but had some spelling mistakes so they are being re-done at the moment.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is ours, we will have the canopy changed for a more sophisticated one eventually as we don't like it. It does hide the shutters though, so need to find a good alternative.

We have frosting on the window but you can't really see it clearly.

I would be very open on options to change the canopy!

shopfront3.jpg

Hope this works!

Here is ours, we will have the canopy changed for a more sophisticated one eventually as we don't like it. It does hide the shutters though, so need to find a good alternative.

We have frosting on the window but you can't really see it clearly.

I would be very open on options to change the canopy!

View attachment 17676

Hope this works!

Im sure a salon by me has got a sort of sign thats like a box around the shutters if that makes any sense looks very tidy. X

Just be careful if you go with curtains, that they are checked and cleaned regularly, as they are buggers for holding dust.

Here's mine...I know I need help with the sign writing I hate it!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343026366.750341.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343026366.750341.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 469
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343026406.045511.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343026406.045511.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 444
Bumping this - as I'd like people who missed it first time round to get involved!

Im sure a salon by me has got a sort of sign thats like a box around the shutters if that makes any sense looks very tidy. X

Thank you ttaylor, I have been searching the internet looking for ideas and know they can work around the shutters. Just seems so expensive, like everything nowadays.

Just really dislike the canopy but had no option at time of purchasing the salon. It was plain black so we just brightened it up a bit with our colour scheme.

Will keep looking

This is mine although now we have proper poster holders up so looks more professional, but am thinking about changing the paint work to a pale bluey-grey!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343335273.303482.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343335273.303482.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 497
Here's mine...I know I need help with the sign writing I hate it!

You're by me! Im 01384 area too, k'ford x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

This is our window of the salon I have my business in and that I am a sister company of. It is amazing and it really does grab the customers attention. I have my hair extension sign in the window as well but I feel this alone is enough to bring in the customers and then they see my fabulous area as well once inside.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343344283.245374.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343344283.245374.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 494
Divine, I really love the lettering on your sign, it's beautiful.

We used a local company that did our swinging above door sign and all our logo and frosting for £100! Shop around find a local smallish company and haggle. x

Attachments

• IMGP0428.jpg
    IMGP0428.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 454
  • IMGP0426.jpg
    IMGP0426.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 423
The outside of my shop is being finished tomorrow and I will post a picture then. :)

cant post pics coz I'm not that smart but we have ...

end of Nov-beginning of Jan pink xmas trees and white lights and white snowflakes

this spring we had pastel cards with letters pegged onto string saying 'spring clean your skincare routine' like a washing line

we have had a poster in black and white and bright pink to look like a newspaper with a black and white team photo on it when we got two new starters

we have had red, white and blue bunting and blue 'keep calm and have a blow dry' poster for our bournemouth air show

we have had pink flower bunting and pink balloons for our salon dogs 1st birthday

we have had red and pink helium heart balloons for valentines day

we have a shelf unit which has glass sweetie jars and ice cream sundae jars filled with lip tar and a big summer lip tar poster...then the hairdresser put cotton wool ontop of the ice cream jars and nail caviar on top to look like ice creams...people love it...

There's boards out there called light boards, you write on them with a special marker and the light shows through, a local florist has one and it looks great xoxo

Latest posts

Back