Wording of a disclaimer....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some help - since one of my clients got a minging greenie now gone black :Scared: I want to get a disclaimer done for them that just wont listen to the professionals... :smack:

But I am worried about putting the fear of god into them by miswording this

I want to cover nail bitters, over due appointments and the risk of bacterial infections and any other relevant areas...

Does anyone have one in action I could crib from...

hi doesnt designer nails website have an example on their record card under the nvq section?

Hi,
I have just finished a business course and one of the guys was from insurance and told us how all and sundry sue these days .. even years later ... it really made me stop and think and i agree with your idea of disclaimer so I would also be interested in this :)
Jo xx

emmalouisa said:
hi doesnt designer nails website have an example on their record card under the nvq section?

Thanks Emma and Yes they do hun - I have a record card in place already but I want one specficially for problem areas....

I have record card specifically for nails, they detail a wide range of nail problems, available from Sallys wholesaler.

When I see a client for the first time I alwayy ask them to fill out a consultation form which does have a dislaimer at the bottom. On completion of their treatment I also leave them some aftercare advice.

Sortedcres

Fab Freak said:
Hi all,

I need some help - since one of my clients got a minging greenie now gone black :Scared: I want to get a disclaimer done for them that just wont listen to the professionals... :smack:

But I am worried about putting the fear of god into them by miswording this

I want to cover nail bitters, over due appointments and the risk of bacterial infections and any other relevant areas...

Does anyone have one in action I could crib from...

Hey guys!

Think Louise has a good question with this thread :cool: , so bumping it back up for her :D .

Any1 got a suitable disclaimer/set of word patterns for her...? Or are we all asleep :zzz: ? :lol:

dont know if this helps you or not but i got some record cards from nail order (they will be at gmex i think on sun/mon) the card numbers all the nails so you can mark 1-10 B = biters nail BB= badley bitten it has allsorts for damaged nails and bitten/broken etc ... do this before you touch them and you have proof of the condition of the nails signed by your clients.
Kat xxx

This is what is at the bottom of all my client record cards..........​

I may have complications for which I do not hold (put in your name)responsible. I acknowledge that these Enhancements should be rebalanced every two weeks or professionally removed at a Salon. These Enhancements are not guaranteed and are my sole responsibility once I leave the Salon. Any breakages or repairs must be paid for.I am not knowingly suffering from any transferable disease or infection.I have received my aftercare leaflet and have been advised on homecare.​

Signed............................ Date................​

Short and to the point............HTH​

Nice one Ruth - just what I was looking for..Thanks

emmalouisa said:
hi i use the disclaimer just like that theres one similar on this link http://www.designernails.co.uk/nvqdocs/1_Client_Consultation_Card.doc and the client card is excellent xx
I actually wrote this disclaimer many years ago for my salon Designer Nails and it has stood me and the new owners in good stead for all that time. I added it to all the NVQ information I wrote as a help for everyone. Zillions of people now use it.

I just looked at your card geeg .. its fab :)

I bought some A5 client cards from local wholesaler and found a holder for that size but have noticed that there is not really enough info ... specially in the light of asking re contact lenses and being offered masks/eyewear etc .. and the disclaimer at the bottom is great. Can I use yours please and if so just printing them on a4 paper is that ok or do you have them done on card? Also how do you store them? .. ie in lever arch files or boxes ... as my salon is new and with offers at the moment i am sure that i am getting a lot of once only peeps as well as my regulars therefore a lot of cards! :) Do you keep them for a certain amount of time?
Sorry for all the questions but I want to get it all right from the start of my business as client cards were not used where I worked before :)
Thanks for your help
Jo xx

Originally posted by Geeg
I wrote as a help for everyone. Zillions of people now use it.
now i see this bit lol airhead
Jo xx

*Jo* said:
I just looked at your card geeg .. its fab :)

I bought some A5 client cards from local wholesaler and found a holder for that size but have noticed that there is not really enough info ... specially in the light of asking re contact lenses and being offered masks/eyewear etc .. and the disclaimer at the bottom is great. Can I use yours please and if so just printing them on a4 paper is that ok or do you have them done on card? Also how do you store them? .. ie in lever arch files or boxes ... as my salon is new and with offers at the moment i am sure that i am getting a lot of once only peeps as well as my regulars therefore a lot of cards! :) Do you keep them for a certain amount of time?
Sorry for all the questions but I want to get it all right from the start of my business as client cards were not used where I worked before :)
Thanks for your help
Jo xx
We printed both sides of an a4 sheet. One for the card info and one for the record of visits on the back.
Kept them in poly pockets stored in a lever arch file alphabetically and it was so easy to pull the cards every morning before clients arrived.

We would pull them for the whole day and put them on a clip board by each station and fill the in as the clients arrived (if new clients) and while the polish was drying if a regular. It was a sackable offense not to fill them in for each and every visit in my salon, including repairs or re-varnish appointments. They were a complete record of every visit. No exceptions.
It is so easy to do if youget into a routine.

I like the idea of the clip boards I keep mine in polypockets in alpha order I think the clipboard idea is great thats when I have more than one customer a day...

geeg said:
I actually wrote this disclaimer many years ago for my salon Designer Nails and it has stood me and the new owners in good stead for all that time. I added it to all the NVQ information I wrote as a help for everyone. Zillions of people now use it.
LOL I am the one of the zillions it has helped xxxxx
Nice one Gigi xxxx as always xxxxx

At the risk of sounding thick....lol.....I know to ask about medical conditions i.e if they had strokes etc you wouldnt massage as it increases blood flow, or you would offer a mask / maybe not use acrylic for asthma, but i dont know what you would do if someone had say epilepsy, diabetis etc? can someone tell me what you would do for these and any other conditions you can think of that i may come accross?
sorry, i either didnt digest this or we werent taught it! x

Latest posts

Back