Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That always sounds wrong when it states "full time mummy at [insert childrens names here]" how do u work at a child?

The other fb thing that does my head in is when people are going out and they put status' up saying "gonna get on it like sonic with my b*tchez" really ?!

And its probably been said but "rant over" why not just use some punctuation? The reader will understand you are done exclaiming. People are funny.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha.. I've a friend (grown woman mid 40s) that's always updating her status as "home all alone tonight, aah scared :o" or along those lines.... Yeh just tell the whole of fb you are at home alone, that's sure to make you feel safer! :O

That always sounds wrong when it states "full time mummy at [insert childrens names here]" how do u work at a child?

The other fb thing that does my head in is when people are going out and they put status' up saying "gonna get on it like sonic with my b*tchez" really ?!

And its probably been said but "rant over" why not just use some punctuation? The reader will understand you are done exclaiming. People are funny.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh and here we get "on it like a car bonnet" " away to get steamin wif my biatches, YOLO"... Cringe!

Oh and here we get "on it like a car bonnet" " away to get steamin wif my biatches, YOLO"... Cringe!

I've seen girls put up "on it till we vomit" you stay classy girls 😄

Amanda xx

Urgh the person who started YOLO needs shooting 😣

I have twin girls and everywhere I go I hear "double trouble" feel like yelling "No double the joy, you idiot" :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

"Gotten" and "off of" - when did everyone start using Americanisms?! Argh!! I want to slap people who say these things, and my husband is one of them!

"Gotten" and "off of" - when did everyone start using Americanisms?! Argh!! I want to slap people who say these things, and my husband is one of them!

Yes there's a thread title that's making my hackles rise. Sorry

"I DONE this ladies hair"

I don't know if anyone's said this but my family always say "same difference" and my boyfriend and sister fiancé both hate it! They think it makes no sense!

My mum and dad also say "don't talk wet" I never used to understand when I was little but it means "don't be stupid"

I never understood the term full time mummy. Surely all mummy's are full time? You don't disown your children during the day XD

"I DONE this ladies hair"

The "I done" thing drives me nuts!! So glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if anyone's said this but my family always say "same difference" and my boyfriend and sister fiancé both hate it! They think it makes no sense!

My mum and dad also say "don't talk wet" I never used to understand when I was little but it means "don't be stupid"

I use "same difference". Now I think about it, it doesn't make sense at all does it?!

Another thing I hate is "sure this is it" said by every Irish person every two minutes in conversation! This is what!

I use "same difference". Now I think about it, it doesn't make sense at all does it?!

Not really! But at the same time I still understand it! It's one of them weird ones! Haha

Another thing I hate is "sure this is it" said by every Irish person every two minutes in conversation! This is what!

Haha I say this all the time!

I don't!!!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

I never understood the term full time mummy. Surely all mummy's are full time? You don't disown your children during the day XD

Oooh trying going on a parenting forum. .. SAHM equates to full time mummy otherwise known as Stay At Home Mum. I also hate DH- darling husband- yes I have a husband but he sure is no darling! ;)

Tell you what, if anyone ever thinks Salon Geek is harsh, never ever go on the Baby Centre WYOO board (I believe that means what's your opinion on) it's savage. We're all angels by comparison! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have a made up word down here...Somewhen' It means at some point. For example, I'll get around to doing that somewhen. Nobody else has heard of it outside of where I live and it doesn't get on my nerves as such as I use it all the time. I just find it strange that nobody else uses it.

Chap. That word really gets on my nerves. And shortening every word, surely that takes longer? Doesn't it?

Worst for me are innit and at the end of the day! Just reminds me of Jeremy Kyle

Latest posts

Back