Worst aftercare advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammylou

Reaction score
Hello all

Crikey, it has been a long time since I last visited, I used to work from a home salon doing a full range of beauty treatments but am now working as a lecturer in college. I teach nail technology level two and wonder if anybody could help? I went through aftercare advice a few weeks ago and the girls have just started working on clients, and after a couple of doozies from students have decided to recap, including the worst aftercare advice that has been given to clients, do you have any bobby dazzlers that you have heard?

I won't mention any names or details, I am just looking for some that make them think about if it would be ok to give that advice, one that I have had from one student is 'I have not had time to file them properly so can you file them when you get home' - this was on a fellow student luckily, but I want to make sure they understand that this is not acceptable aftercare advice!

Thanks guys, I am going to be logging on much more often now so will be ready to help out with any advice in return.

Sam

How about

i don't have time to buff them to a shine today but you can use a clear top coat when you get home,

if one breaks just pick off the rest of the acrylic and i will fix it when your next in

this is just made up by the way, can you imagine the clients face :lol:

This is one that someone i know uses,
if you want a new set next time bite the old ones off before your appointment to make it quicker :eek:

My all time favourite has to be
"dont use solar oil it causes the enhancements to lift":eek:

This was from an "alledged" L&P Creative Master!!

Ive got one.....if your nails start to lift topcoat over it'

A tech local to me advised a client to do this!

Quite often i hear that techs suggest to use glue if lifting appears. And some even say to clients that it is normal that nails start to lift after 2 weeks...beats me:rolleyes:.
I have heard one what is not actually an after care advice but pre care advice: you cant wash your hands about 2h before application...

Good luck with your students:hug:

how about "you cant keep them on indefinitely as your nails need to breathe"
from one of my local technicians!

this my favourite,

dont file them yourself if they are a bit long in the two weeks between rebalances, as your files will split them!
advice given to me from a nail tech in a local salon to me before i got into this industry.

Thanks for this guys, the session went extremely well and I think they get the point now!

Have a good weekend.

Sam xx

Before I started to get into Nails 6 years ago, my technician told me, that if lifting occurs just use glue, and also I only need infills every 9 weeks as she is so good at what she does they will last that long!!!!! ummm yep, that was what i thought.......:cry:

Latest posts

Back