Would having a Nail Trainer Hand help me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers1983

Reaction score
:rolleyes:hello everybody,

iv not been on here in a while. I kind of lost heart with my whole nails career due to trying so hard and not getting anywhere with clients at all. I delivered 1000's of leaflets and paid for adverts in local papers but just didnt get anywhere so i lost fiath in it. iv really missed it all and want to give it another go. I did a set of nails last night and they where terrible, prob the worse set iv done. Its purely down to lack of practice i suppose but as i have nobody to practice on im not going to get anywher other than get worse then il never be any good :irked: so i am in 2 minds if it would be good for me to get a nail trainer hand thingy bob... Do you think this would be good or would real nails only be good for me? my confidence is really starting to go now so any advice would help me.

Also if anybody has an old trainer and wants to sell it then i would defo be interested.

Thanks
Kim xx :rolleyes:

Hi there, i would say definately get a nail trainer, its there when ever you want to practice and it never complains! I wouldn't be without mine. I hope things start looking up for you soon, take care, Jo.xxx:hug:

have you had a look on ebay for a nail trainer...there are a few on there at the mo which are quite cheap...they all look in good condition, but you can replace the silicone fingers for about 10 quid which will make it look like new again. just an idea if you dont have the money to buy a new one.

have you contacted nsi (im assuming that is the product you are using as it states in your profile thats who you trained with?) to see if they do a 1-2-1 training session. maybe that will help you to bring back your confidence??

maybe think of some incentives as valentines day is next month, and you may find that a few people are also. getting married on that day as well as valentines day this year falls on a saturday! xx

Deffo get a nail trainer it will become your best friend hun x

I cant recall what the thread was (mods hellllllp!!!Lol) but am sure geeg had method of making practice finger and am sure it was with blue tack....at least that would be cheap to make!!

:rolleyes:hello everybody,

iv not been on here in a while. I kind of lost heart with my whole nails career due to trying so hard and not getting anywhere with clients at all. I delivered 1000's of leaflets and paid for adverts in local papers but just didnt get anywhere so i lost fiath in it. iv really missed it all and want to give it another go. I did a set of nails last night and they where terrible, prob the worse set iv done. Its purely down to lack of practice i suppose but as i have nobody to practice on im not going to get anywher other than get worse then il never be any good :irked: so i am in 2 minds if it would be good for me to get a nail trainer hand thingy bob... Do you think this would be good or would real nails only be good for me? my confidence is really starting to go now so any advice would help me.

Also if anybody has an old trainer and wants to sell it then i would defo be interested.

Thanks
Kim xx :rolleyes:

I really think that you need to change your way of thinking. Try not to focus on the negative and try being a bit nicer to yourself. You are learning all the time and you need to start thinking "I am gonna conquer this!!" I would say you need a nail trainer for sure if you don't have people to practice on. I did read about someone here using pegs. those ones that look like a little man where the end looks like a nail (attatched a pic).
HTH x

Attachments

• Dollypegssmall.jpg
    Dollypegssmall.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 298
Hi Kim,
I can't speak for the nail trainer but I did read a thread recently about blue tack and have tried it out and have to say its cheap and does work.I don't know how to link but all you need to do with the blue tack is to roll into shape of finger and slot in your nail tip so it looks like an actual finger and when your done with it just change tip and off you go again.
hth

thanks everybody for the help - im defo going to think of getting 1-2-1 help and going to try the blue tack solution see if that helps -

thanks again

kim :Grope:

I have a nail trainer and would'nt be without it...!!! Its always there for when you want to practise...and it dont moan and jiffle about!!

xx

I have a nail trainer and would'nt be without it...!!! Its always there for when you want to practise...and it dont moan and jiffle about!!

xx

Very true :lol:

I love my nail trainer and infact have been sitting in front of it all day! The blue tac idea sounds excellent and better than the method I used to use which was to blue tac tips onto pencils, guaranteed one would roll and ruin my work! x

I love mine too. the poor thing has had some horrific nails in the past haha

Latest posts

Back