Would this be strange? Opinions needed :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi All..

I am trained & insured in doing manicures & pedicures (along with tanning and brows)

But since having my training i havent actually worked doing the mani & pedi's due to my low confidence in talking with people. I always do family and friends and thats fine. But i really hate doing manicures, but i love doing pedicures.

So would it be strange for me to put on my price lists pedicures and just leave out the manicures??

thanks x

Clients might think well where are the maincures? Because they usually come with pedicures. But i dont think strange is the word hun.

I dont know if you are going mobile? But it's tough out there at the moment for us mobile guys. You might need to do manicures in order to make some money.
It's all money at the end of the day chick xxx

I know one lady who told me 12 months ago she was opening her business mobile just doing feet no manicures, facials ect. I did tell her she was mad, but not long (few months later) I had to eat my words. She is doing well, just doing feet.
Proves - we all can be wrong...even me!!

I say go for it! There is a celebrity pedicurist you know Paul someone! I do feel that if you had lovely almond spamanicure products that you would change your mind about mani's - its oh so lovely :)
Let me give you a mani and change your mind!!!

i think it could work.

however, wouldnt it be a good idea to get over the manicure issues so that you could offer more to your clients , then you could earn a living more easily.

what exactly is it that you hate about manis, after all the routine is pretty much the same as doing a pedicure. which bit bothers you most ?

Thanks guys so much!!

Im going to go ahead with just the pedicures and see if i could build up my confidence this way and perhaps one day i will have the confidence to go ahead with mani's too.

Thanks for all your help :hug:

i think it could work.

however, wouldnt it be a good idea to get over the manicure issues so that you could offer more to your clients , then you could earn a living more easily.

what exactly is it that you hate about manis, after all the routine is pretty much the same as doing a pedicure. which bit bothers you most ?

Its the idea of sitting there face to face with somone just makes me nervous and i think because i know that i am so good at pedicures and still unsure on the mani's just gives me a confidence boost with pedi's

x

Its the idea of sitting there face to face with somone just makes me nervous and i think because i know that i am so good at pedicures and still unsure on the mani's just gives me a confidence boost with pedi's

x

then just go ahead with what you've got and keep practicing on the manicures until it comes more naturally. you'll soon get your confidence up. :hug:its really quite a relaxing treatment to perform.

and remember... manicure is just a pedicure on the hands :lol:

I too absolutely HATE manicures! Love artificial nails, like pedicures, but no time for manicures!

I do offer all services in my salon, but try to give man's to other members of staff as i find them so boring.

Interesting to see what other treatments peope really dislike for no apparent reason. My other big no no is arm waxing - no reason, just find it boring, like man's.

I don't think it's strange at all. You can be queen of the pedicures. As has been said, once you feel comfortable with them, you may want to do their nails. Good luck. :hug:xx

Thank You for all your wonderful advice :hug: Cant wait to get started with it. x

Latest posts

Back