Would you razor fine hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

I have bleached highlights with a darker tint put threw my hair which has left my ends slightly fluffy but still looks shiny if that makes sense:irked:

My hair is thick at the back but the side are a tad thin compared to the back, i had a hair cut where there are hardly any layers in my hair but the hairdresser cut blunt layers around the front where the layers start from the jaw downwards im starting to feel like i need more movement and my style looks a tad like a german helmet very blunt with no layers, but im put off layers as in the past iv had hair cuts where the layers were not good in fact looked scraggy so i dont know what to do??

I have to have a fringe due to my age and lines on my forehead, iv been advised to have layers with a razor but years ago i had someone use a razor on my hair and the ends looked even more fluffy, the hairdresser said it depends on how its razored but it would look good and add movement and soften the layers is this right??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or would i be better off with layers added but cut with scissors ah so many decisions???:irked:

cheers

nenee:)

Hi Nee nee,
If you have had it done in the past and its gone fluffy ,
then dont get it done again :hug:
tell her all about the fluffy bits and just say no thanks ,

If a client told me that they were unhappy about fluffy bits after a hairdresser had razored their hair
then I wouldnt dream of razoring it again ,

I would rather choose another type of slicy
method to take the weight out the hair instead,
I find slicing out and away from the hair (on dry hair ) with slicy scissors
usually gives it far more of the swish factor than a razor

As she says there are many different ways to use a razor ,
and I too really love using them , you can even do blunt cut end trims
with a razor and get a fab result , :hug:

Personally though the only type of hair that I wouldnt thin with a razor is curly hair or permed hair because it can encourage the curl and look frizzy

but if the hair is dead straight hair like say Asian type hair then a razor is fab on this too
as it can make a fringe just sit in very nicely,
rather than poke out everywhere :hug:

i wouldnt razor fine hair as theres no need to if the hair was thick and alot of density then i would

Latest posts

Back