Wrinkly Trendy Nail Wraps - Advice needed please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilypip

Reaction score
Hello my beauties, I have looked at all the Trendy Nail Wraps threads on here but still couldn't get over this problem. I'm hoping one of you will be able to help!

I have previously used nail foils (you know the rubby rubby awkward ones) with really good results and thought I'd try TNW as I won't have time to get on a Minx course until I move to Essex in January. I tried out a set of TNW Born to be Wild on my Mum (bless her, always a willing guinea pig...) and no matter how I applied them or how long / short I heated them they wrinkled! They would either wrinkle at the side wall or on the free edge. As you can imagine, a) they looked shockingly unpro and b) after half an hour of mum knitting they all peeled back and she literally just sat there and lightly peeled them off (no effort required) in about 2 seconds.

I've heard they can be quite stubborn little buggers and stay on really well so I'm feeling a bit deflated about this (especially after buying 3 different packs which will be useless if I can't get them to apply straight!) and was wondering if any of you who use TNW could help me? Please?! Haha.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Much love,
L.xxx

The thing that springs to mind is that your trying to stretch them too much.
They do stick very well a little too much if you ask me lol...but if you stretch them too much that will cause them to wrinkle a bit.
Try working from the centre of the nail and gentle press out in all directions, rather than making sure one bit is sercure then moving on..hope that makes sense :) x

Not used TNR but use minx will be same application I think! lol did u use a nail plate cleanser first? and a rubber hoof stick for smoothing while product was still hot if you know what I mean! lol xx

Hi,

I didn't stretch them really at all, maybe that could be the problem?! Also yes I was using a hoof stick after I had pressed them out with my fingers and I did use a cleanser. I guess I will just have to perservere!

Thanks for your help,

L.xxx

When you apply them put it on as close to the cuticle as poss then hold down and pull (stretch) it over the nail and free edge this works for me no wrinkles :green:

Is there much difference between the two. I have got the opportunity to go and do Training in Trendy Nails its near home so easy to find, unlike travelling to do minx, however I do not want to waste my money if they are going to be too hard to work with. I have seen on here some people think Trendy are to thick and akward in comparison to Minx, whats everyone elses opinion x

I have had the same thing but only with 1 person so far (fingers crossed) My lady had a VERY curved nail from side wall to side wall and from cuticle to free edge. No matter what i did i couldnt get rid of all wrinkles.

I have had the same thing but only with 1 person so far (fingers crossed) My lady had a VERY curved nail from side wall to side wall and from cuticle to free edge. No matter what i did i couldnt get rid of all wrinkles.

I just did a client half an hour ago and exactly the same thing happened!
Ive done my own nails before and my mums and my friends (which she had tips on aswell) and they didnt wrinkle... But with this client, they all wrinkled at the bottom and the sidewalls! It normally only takes me about 30-40mins to do a set but i spent over 1 hr and a half trying to get the wrinkles out!! I even took them off and tried re applying but still not difference...I then filed the surface thinking that would have helped and i put a top coat gel and it still looked awful... She had a curved nail plate aswell but surely there is something that we can do for clients that do have a big C Curve????
It was really embarrasing, as this has never happened before! It wasted so much time, plus the products and everything, cause i couldnt charge her...
What is the solution for wrinkly nail wraps??

Thank you xx

I just did a client half an hour ago and exactly the same thing happened!
Ive done my own nails before and my mums and my friends (which she had tips on aswell) and they didnt wrinkle... But with this client, they all wrinkled at the bottom and the sidewalls! It normally only takes me about 30-40mins to do a set but i spent over 1 hr and a half trying to get the wrinkles out!! I even took them off and tried re applying but still not difference...I then filed the surface thinking that would have helped and i put a top coat gel and it still looked awful... She had a curved nail plate aswell but surely there is something that we can do for clients that do have a big C Curve????
It was really embarrasing, as this has never happened before! It wasted so much time, plus the products and everything, cause i couldnt charge her...
What is the solution for wrinkly nail wraps??

Thank you xx
I had exactly the same problem today. They looked terrible! I have done lots of sets but this is the 1st time they wrinked as she had really curved nails. no matter how many times I tried to get the creases out the creases came back!! They looked very unprofessional.
Hope someone knows a solution to this problem.

I've only done 3 sets so far and had trouble with one clients big toes wrinkling. As seems to be the problem for all of you, they were very curved!

Hi everyone. It was happening to me too, but last week I bought an infrared lamp (from a pet shop...people use them for keeping lizards warm!) and heyho no more wrinkles. I dont think my hairdryer was heating them enough, the lamp makes them really floppy and flexible. Best £20 I've spent, makes life much easier and I've got confidence back in applying them and everyones loving them.

Are you using a hot enough hairdryer? I bought a travel hairdryer as I was finding mine too heavy but the travel one didn't get the wraps hot enough and they didn't stick properly. It wasn't powerful enough to eat up the wrap sufficiently. Haven't tried the heat lamp method but some people swear by it so it must be ok!
Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back