Wrong setting on gun??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Tonight i done my friends tan which went ok apart from one of them had bits running on her chest! Also my boyfriend who is a spray painter pointed out my gun wasnt set properly. He said the silver bit at the front should have been sitting vertically, mines wasnt, so does this mean i have done the tan a mess, i am so scared, dont think im going to be able to sleep tonight worrying,help! x

The metal bit should be vertical not sure that that's too much of a problem if you still covered all areas but did you buff off the drips? These could streak. You need to move the gun quicker or spray from further away (whichever you were doing wrong) to avoid this. :) Don't worry she can always cover that area easily!

Yeah i did buff of the drips, just really scared as she has night tomorow, she was my second lady. Cant believe i had it on the wrong setting,!

i was taught that the gun should be vertical for spraying up and down the body, and horizontal for spraying across the body

was the liquid coming out too fast or perhaps you were spraying too slow, either or lol
dont worry as im am in a tizz tonight too lol

join me in a sleepless night aswel hun,
i hope it turns out ok for you?
good luck

The postion of the spray thing at the front depends on how you are spraying ie up & down or side to side....there was a thread a couple of weeks back asking what position people had theirs in. Mine is set at about ten to two...IYKWIM! That way i can spray both ways without having to fiddle with it!

Technically, if its vertical, you should spray up and down, and if its horizontal, you should spray across...due to the spray pattern it then creates.

The postion of the spray thing at the front depends on how you are spraying ie up & down or side to side....there was a thread a couple of weeks back asking what position people had theirs in. Mine is set at about ten to two...IYKWIM! That way i can spray both ways without having to fiddle with it!

Technically, if its vertical, you should spray up and down, and if its horizontal, you should spray across...due to the spray pattern it then creates.

Interesting. I have mine vertical as only spray up and down, you learn something new every day. Thanks for that :hug:

ok i understand now, just didnt realise, i just wanted her tan to be perfect cause she is my first real client really, im just waiting until morning now to hear from her!xx

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/68447-mini-mist-advice-please.html#post723572

This was the thread a couple of weeks ago about the settings on the mister.

With the Minimist T100 machine the official line is when you spray down or upwards on the body you have the spray pattern adjuster set to vertical (12.30)

When you spray across any body part such as the sides of the feet or under the bust or smile lines.. you change it to the horizontal setting (9.15)

To mist over the knees or any body part you wish to have less coverage.. you move the gun further away and mist lightly in the direction you should be spraying the with the spray pattern adjuster turned the appropriate direction.

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/68447-mini-mist-advice-please.html#post723572

This was the thread a couple of weeks ago about the settings on the mister.

With the Minimist T100 machine the official line is when you spray down or upwards on the body you have the spray pattern adjuster set to vertical (12.30)

When you spray across any body part such as the sides of the feet or under the bust or smile lines.. you change it to the horizontal setting (9.15)

To mist over the knees or any body part you wish to have less coverage.. you move the gun further away and mist lightly in the direction you should be spraying the with the spray pattern adjuster turned the appropriate direction.
OK i have had my gun on the horizontal position and i have just done two spray tans tonight like that,oh oh! Whats going to happen? x

OK i have had my gun on the horizontal position and i have just done two spray tans tonight like that,oh oh! Whats going to happen? x

Didn't you notice lines when you were spraying Zoe? Usually there would be a definite darker line and this would prompt you immediately to the wrong setting, you can dab off the line and respray lightly over that area then continue with the rest of the tan. If you didn't get any dark lines then you should be ok. You said it was a little too wet, the tan may be a little patchy in the wet areas.

Don't beat yourself up about it.. its something you shouldn't forget again so a good learning curve for you.

I didnt notice any darker lines,i did my training over 3 weeks ago now and i dont remmebr her saying anything about having it verticle thats why i never thought to touch it. I am so thick, fingers crossed it turns out ok, and im sure i wont make the same mistake again! x

I didnt notice any darker lines,i did my training over 3 weeks ago now and i dont remmebr her saying anything about having it verticle thats why i never thought to touch it. I am so thick, fingers crossed it turns out ok, and im sure i wont make the same mistake again! x

Its nothing to do with being 'thick' Zoe.. its one of those things that if you don't know about it, you don't think about it, that is until it goes wrong. I am sure your tans will turn out fine.. happy tanning :hug:

Latest posts

Back