Young beautician of the year TV programme

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
Did anyone watch it?

The waxing by some of the therapists made me cringe!

You shouldn't (whether it was a joke or not) call your client a drama queen for squealing alot from a back wax.

Last edited:
I would have liked to have seen this :irked: When was it on? And what channel? I wonder if I can watch it on catch up TV :hug:

Thanks Jessica - it's on at 8pm tomorrow night on BBC3 too :hug:

I watched it too. Although I don't do waxing, the chest wax on that really hairy bloke looked so painful. You know, the one with a full chest of thick dark hair who squealed a lot. Ouch!

I've just watched it, I thought it was fab! Going to watch the hair one now if I can find it

aw it's not available anymore :cry:

I watched it and enjoyed it. I think they all did well under pressure and although they did a few things made me cringe a bit, I imagine that some of it was nerves?

tigi

going to watch it now, thanks for linky.

Last edited:
I did enjoy it however i felt that with the time constraints they were never gonna do the best they could do!! Surely its about quality rather than speed?!

oooh, enjoyed that.

Now Halls of Ivy is a geek is she not?

Latest News - Halls Of Ivy Salon & Beauty Academy

congratulations to all 4 of them for getting into the competition.

yes she is there was a post on here a few weeks ago. Although (sorry i cant remember her proper name) she wasnt how i had pictured her to be and may i add thats not good or bad, I had just built an image in my head based on posts i had read etc. But may i add a very well done!

I thought both finalist did an excellent job in the 2 hour makeover.

I thought they both did a good job, I did however think the blonde 1 looked a little scruffy, i know this doesnt affect how treatments are performed, but isnt personal presentation key in our industry?

the dark haired 1 looked really glam, smart and professional, i loved her tunic! and she looked like she had really made an effort, blonde 1 had scruffy hair, no make-up,and a scruffy uniform( just my personal opinion) but then again, i did like her lashes better than the others.

and im sorry, i didnt catch the names,i didnt watch it intentley.

Kate x

I thought both finalist did an excellent job in the 2 hour makeover.

Yes me too, the whole effect was stunning with both makeovers, and the differences in approach between the 2 therapists was interesting.
Did anyone notice how the lady judge's eyebrows went up when Heather said she'd apply party lashes?

I think all 4 therapists did brilliantly, and are a credit to the industry. I hope this BBC show continues for a number of years and continues to showcase the serious talent, commitment and training of beauty therapists.

Bex

Did anyone watch it?

The waxing by some of the therapists made me cringe!

You shouldn't (whether it was a joke or not) call your client a drama queen for squealing alot from a back wax.

I didn't see it but reading this thread I thought it was funny and an attempt to make the treatment light hearted. At an intimate wax training, we had our trainer say "now we're going to flip your flaps out". Crude but it did lighten up the mood and make the models at ease!

No way!!! haha, flip your flaps out! hehehe!!

I didn't see it but reading this thread I thought it was funny and an attempt to make the treatment light hearted. At an intimate wax training, we had our trainer say "now we're going to flip your flaps out". Crude but it did lighten up the mood and make the models at ease!

I did think they probably would have all finished the waxing if they were given clippers rather than those tiny scissors to trim the hair!

Hey girls,

Its interesting reading all the comments. It was a good laugh, thanks for your comments ladies good and bad. It was very intense but all to make good tv.

LOL unfortunately girls i wasnt looking my finest, what with having a young baby, opening a business having very bad flu whilst filming... clearly a state! haha

We work in a very judgemental industry where clients tend to be intimidated by made up therapists, i prefer the natural approach. Fortunately i dont need to wear alot of make up. :)

Latest posts

Back