Young Nails ManiQ & Polish mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GEEZ Ladies!! :smack:
Its great that you are both so so passionate about your preferred product range and that you had such fun quoting and researching all your information.
But getting back to the initial thread question....... I think it has now been answered .....and YES for the record Mani Q works just fine mixing with a regular polish.
For those who haven't tried it BTW then maybe you should as maybe not everyone can afford to purchase their favoured product range every time they run out so isn't this a great way of using up their existing polish range? and isn't this how the gel/polish idea came about in the first place as I know of nail techs doing this over 4 years ago.
And yes it is a fab money saving idea.
Either way ladies you have stood by your product strong now off you go and play nicely.

Well my POV for what it is worth...I use Gelish. I appreciate Shellac is totally different from all else out there and respect that. It just wasn't for me.

The Mani-Q seems just to be jumping on the bandwagon..firstly you could mix..then why bring out the gel in colours...then you can use with other products...then we see it is "cheaper" than others out there. I got a chance to use it. The coverage wasn't the same..and to take it off a nightmare...

If I wasn't a Gelish addict I would look at Shellac and say, Geleration...as I said JMPOV

Mani Q has been out for several years now Sally and is a soak off gel for natural nail overlays. It was the nail techs like yourself who started to mix it with the polish and we liked that initiative. It isn't and never was an idea brought about by YN.

We have carried gel colours for several years too being our kaleidoscope range. Now we have introduced a soak off 'true' gel in a bottle (mani Q colour) and this is priced inline with our other products so you may say that it appears 'cheaper' but I would say that others are 'dearer' :-/

Can I ask Sally have you tried the Mani Q color collection or is it the mani q gel and polish mix that you had a chance to try. Iam not being cheeky BTW. But Im wondering in what way it was so difficult to remove as the training and demo's our educators offer all prove to show what a sinch removal is.

Last edited:
Removal of the mix is for all of my nail techs is under ten minutes. The removal of the new mani q colors (premix) is about 5-7 minutes. The reason the mani q colors soak off a bit faster is because it is a new technology to the industry. For the mix we are getting 20-25 minute application times and a 2-3 week wear time on clients. The new mani q colors, a 15-20 minute application time and same wear time so far. Thats not going to be easy to beat. And as Lisa has pointed out, YN wasn't the first, 2nd, 3rd or who knows what order they were in, to come out, but the formulation was, in my opinion, perfected. Just like I do in my nail salons, I learn a lot from my competition. If my competitor is doing a service better than me, guess what? I am going to strive to be better than that.

Once more, the original clear mani q soak off gel was meant for exactly that. To be used AS IS on natural nails. No mixing. But the mixing technique was invented by us, nail techs. I know I have already stated all of this but seems to have been overlooked.

So, for you that posted all of the Shellac info and details, thank you so much. If i ever want to make it myself in a lab I will refer back to your post. Until then, I will use what works best for me and my employees and clients. That is, until something better comes along.

Again, as i said in my other posts, I only use what works best for my clients, nail techs, and therefore my business.

Hey Lisa, Claire..... didnt I already post all of this? :lol: Its getting late over here, time for me to :zzz:.

Removal of the mix is for all of my nail techs is under ten minutes. The removal of the new mani q colors (premix) is about 5-7 minutes. The reason the mani q colors soak off a bit faster is because it is a new technology to the industry. For the mix we are getting 20-25 minute application times and a 2-3 week wear time on clients. The new mani q colors, a 15-20 minute application time and same wear time so far. Thats not going to be easy to beat. And as Lisa has pointed out, YN wasn't the first, 2nd, 3rd or who knows what order they were in, to come out, but the formulation was, in my opinion, perfected. Just like I do in my nail salons, I learn a lot from my competition. If my competitor is doing a service better than me, guess what? I am going to strive to be better than that.

Once more, the original clear mani q soak off gel was meant for exactly that. To be used AS IS on natural nails. No mixing. But the mixing technique was invented by us, nail techs. I know I have already stated all of this but seems to have been overlooked.

So, for you that posted all of the Shellac info and details, thank you so much. If i ever want to make it myself in a lab I will refer back to your post. Until then, I will use what works best for me and my employees and clients. That is, until something better comes along.

Again, as i said in my other posts, I only use what works best for my clients,
nail techs, and therefore my business.

Hey Lisa, Claire..... didnt I already post all of this? :lol: Its getting late over here, time for me to :zzz:.

5 minutes you say ???? New technology to the industry ?? Do tell, please I would love to know . As I said claims can you actually back it up with scientific evidence, ? I mean I got taught in uni if you make claims you gotta prove them with evidence. Science is only science by theorys and FACTS which can be proven .

Kate, why dont you come along to one of our free workshops. Your less than an hour away from YN UK Headoffice and we can show you the evidence and the facts we will prove.

“Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I'll understand.”

Wednesday 19th and Monday 7th February - YN UK HQ / Blackpool. FY4 5GU Tel 01253 699 999
or
North Wales: Amanda Owens, The Nail Base - Training Centre + Tech Store. Llandudno, Tel: 01492 872140 www.nail-base.co.uk
if that suits you more

All our educators are running the Mani Q colour workshops throughout the UK Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Training

Infact we are inviting people along to headoffice anytime but call 01253 699 999 so we can make sure there is someone available for you
No obligation
:)

Hi Lisa, can anyone attend the workshops? Is it for ManiQ colour or will it involve ManiQ custom mixing? I have a pot of ManiQ and would love to attend to ensure my mix ratio, application and removal are spot on. Love Shellac but also love the idea of being able to mix ManiQ with any colour varnish to get the colours I want.

Kate, why dont you come along to one of our free workshops. Your less than an hour away from YN UK Headoffice and we can show you the evidence and the facts we will prove.

“Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I'll understand.”

Wednesday 19th and Monday 7th February - YN UK HQ / Blackpool. FY4 5GU Tel 01253 699 999
or
North Wales: Amanda Owens, The Nail Base - Training Centre + Tech Store. Llandudno, Tel: 01492 872140 www.nail-base.co.uk
if that suits you more

All our educators are running the Mani Q colour workshops throughout the UK Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Training

Infact we are inviting people along to headoffice anytime but call 01253 699 999 so we can make sure there is someone available for you
No obligation

Wow, this all sounds fantastic, will there be any workshops in this area...near Fleet in Hampshire.Would love to come & see. I have loads of polishes just sitting there not being used after taking on SOG.x

They are open to ANY qualified nail techs, I dont know if the other ladies will be featuring the Mani Q polish mix but I will be in mine just to ensure people have it right and soak offs etc, But I am down in Devon (end of the earth it seems haha)

There are Educators all over the country just have a click on youngnails.co.uk and under training there is a list of all the girls and which area they represent :D

Do the workshops, they are fun, full of hints and tips and FREE whoop!

xxx

Wow, this all sounds fantastic, will there be any workshops in this area...near Fleet in Hampshire.Would love to come & see. I have loads of polishes just sitting there not being used after taking on SOG.x

Jenny Draper, Welwyn. Tel: 01438 715505 www.jennidraper.co.uk is currently running the mani q color workshops
Mani Q Color is the brand new Young Nails soak off gel in a bottle and Jen is one of our senior mentors.
Call her and she can give you all the dates of her free workshops available to all qualified nail techs and beauty therapists

Last edited:
I attended the YN pre-mixed colours workshop in Welwyn last week run by Jenni Draper who was absolutely lovely. I found it really helpful, AND it helped to talk over my problem of my ManiQ mix not soaking off (see previous thread!). Jenni didn't actually show us how to custom mix but did give us hints and tips, as the focus of the day was on the pre-mixed colours. All in all it was a very helpful workshop in which you could play around with all of the colours (at no expense) and Jenni checked that the application was correct. I really thought I would just stay with the custom mixing but now that I've tried the pre-mixed colours, I am totally astounded at their ease of application, true colour and longetivity. We were also informed that the pre-mixed colours are not a "hybrid" like Shellac, but a true gel. I thoroughly reccommend you go along to a workshop as I went along with preconceived ideas that it would be just like a "glorified" nail lacquer but it really isn't!. I ordered the sample set and an additional colour and used them on a client today and we both loved it. The stuff is brilliant:)

Hi Lisa, can anyone attend the workshops? Is it for ManiQ colour or will it involve ManiQ custom mixing? I have a pot of ManiQ and would love to attend to ensure my mix ratio, application and removal are spot on. Love Shellac but also love the idea of being able to mix ManiQ with any colour varnish to get the colours I want.

Hi Lisa, we'll cover the mani q custom mix of course.
Just let me know if and when your coming and Ill make sure there is someone else there to go over the colour mix.....the workshop covers the mani q color so to get the most out of your visit I'd like to ensure that we are able to cover both for you

or
if that suits you more

No obligation

Thankyou,, but no thankyou I'm a shellac girl don't get me wrong I tried gellish but just didn't IMO come close to shellac.

I was just curious as to what the NEW technology to the industry was ,??? I'd love to know??? As I said CND make a claim they back it up with scientific evidence, as I posted in thread above but you can't make claims like that and not back it up,,,, silence speaks volumes .

Ohhh btw I met brad Pitt tonight he's lovely man,,, lol ( how do you know I never ???) can I prove it????

I have read this thread and have many times been ready to post my views....but, as I felt they were not actually answering the thread starters question and mainly to do with all the sniping and point scoring I have refrained.

Some of the things mentioned though actually make me think of an old thread (2007!!)started by one of my geeky pals from the US of A who has now risen to the ranks of CND Ambassador (and not before time ;) )...here it is,

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/54337-very-cool-technique-brisa-users-wanting-colored-gel.html

I thought it was genius at the time, Ok it wasn't sanctioned by CND but it showed initiative and someone prepared to 'think outside the box' and come up with something for her clientel. I wonder what some of the newer more evangalistic geeks would have to say about this now!!

Isn't this the way most good ideas and products come about.

I also have to add that it is great to see some well know names and Educators from Young Nails on here, I hope they hang about.
That said I wouldn't blame them if they just stick to answering questions on their own products given the hard time they have got on this thread.

I can sometimes see why this site gets slated for being all about CND when I see some of the posts on here.:rolleyes:
It is posts like that that chase other brands Educators away from the site, and these are the very people we would love to have in our nail community.

Yes we all feel strongly about what products we use, but we really should respect other nail technicians rights to love their chosen products too!!

Last edited:
Hey I agree, but it annoys me when all of a sudden when a CND tech such as myself defends her brand it gets branded as biast,??? Why

I am not against anyother brand at all, however when you have posters making false claims I ( me personally ) will be offended , I have said horses for courses, lol , I believe in using 100% brand if your a YN girl use it systematicly , same for cnd, nsi, etc , I hate it when people wanna play with science, iygwim, yes fine onyourself,,, but not on paying clients .

There are lots of talented techs out there whom I admire abd don't use cnd,, yet it annoys me when this board seems to turn into an argument saying " ohh it's biased" I'm sorry but no it's not,,,,

Possibly you should read back on some of your earlier posts as they certainly don't come across as you not being against any other brand, it's not so much that you are against any other brand though, just that you seem to want to bang the drum for your brand even if isn't the topic under discussion!! :eek:

Also maybe read my linked thread.

I shall keep out of this now as basically the thread starters questions have been asked and answered, and we surely have all learned something, even if it is just for me to keep my opinions to myself lol :lol:

I think Mum also said on a post waaaaaay back...This industry is big enough for all. I am with NHUK because I love it..the same way I love No7 make-up over others..it works for ME......:hug:

I agree,,, and yes there's lots of talented techs out there a few I know and talk too and are very talented ,, emmsy being one of them . I love her passion, she's a harmony EA,, but I still respect her, ask her advice,,.

I don't like it when people say things like ,, ohh shellac wrinkles ,,, no it doesn't ,,, it's your app. I have never ever dissed another product ,, only asked for facts to back up claims some have made ??? I can and have.

I give up,, a post above said geeez girls you both love your brands ,,, then went then went onto say let's leave it be nice ???? Yes???

So why did that poster reply when another poster in their opinion said that they prefer shellac??? I never replied??? Yet that poster whom said leave it did,??? Mmmm xxx

That poster also replied that YN were "jumping on the band wagon"

the replied post was to state that no, Mani.Q has been around for a long time now with people mixing in colour,

I think Izzidoll has a pretty neat opinion here though and I thank her for that

xxx

Thankyou,, but no thankyou I'm a shellac girl don't get me wrong I tried gellish but just didn't IMO come close to shellac.

I was just curious as to what the NEW technology to the industry was ,??? I'd love to know??? As I said CND make a claim they back it up with scientific evidence, as I posted in thread above but you can't make claims like that and not back it up,,,, silence speaks volumes .

Ohhh btw I met brad Pitt tonight he's lovely man,,, lol ( how do you know I never ???) can I prove it????

I have offered Kate, it is your choice.
But please be assurred and just for the record. should you or anyone else ever need to more about Young Nails then my offer still stands.
call me. email me and I will always return.

BTW......your signature 'involve me and Ill understand' and I did. :confused:

Kindest regards

Latest posts

Back