Your help is needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
I really need your help peeps
There is a really great charity called many tears, it you google that it will take you to their web site, they are an animal shelter that have been badly let down by BT
They get no gov funding and until recently they had someone who used to take all their incoming calls for them. Then BT said they could set them up with broad band etc. Only it turned out they got it wrong. The existing line couldn't support the new package, so this charity is supposed to come up with £4000 to put in a new line. Unfortunately the lady who used to take all the incoming calls had already canceled her line.
BT don't want to know. I suggested that they contact watch dog and thats where you lot come in, if you go to many tears web site it will give you all the details of what has happened and gives you a link to the watch dog web site, no one is asking for your money, although if you wanted to donate that would be great, all you are being asked to do is use the link and ask watch dog to investigate. Before many tears has to close its doors.
Please do this for all the dogs who are looking for their forever homes and please pass this info onto everyone in your address book.
Thanks guys:hug:

if you go further down you will see that I did finaly manage to put the page in that explains it all and the link. Please read it and please please email watch dog about BT once again thanks guys

just bumping this one up, it means a lot to me

I really need your help peeps
There is a really great charity called many tears, it you google that it will take you to their web site, they are an animal shelter that have been badly let down by BT
They get no gov funding and until recently they had someone who used to take all their incoming calls for them. Then BT said they could set them up with broad band etc. Only it turned out they got it wrong. The existing line couldn't support the new package, so this charity is supposed to come up with £4000 to put in a new line. Unfortunately the lady who used to take all the incoming calls had already canceled her line.
BT don't want to know. I suggested that they contact watch dog and thats where you lot come in, if you go to many tears web site it will give you all the details of what has happened and gives you a link to the watch dog web site, no one is asking for your money, although if you wanted to donate that would be great, all you are being asked to do is use the link and ask watch dog to investigate. Before many tears has to close its doors.
Please do this for all the dogs who are looking for their forever homes and please pass this info onto everyone in your address book.
Thanks guys:hug:

Have you got a link to the web site Suzie - I am struggling to find the right one!

Suzie I cant find the watchdog link can you post it up on this thread please:)

Suzie I cant find the watchdog link can you post it up on this thread please:)
ok I couldn't do a link if my life depended on it but if you google Many Tears Rescue the first page that comes up is a very long one, scroll all the way to the bottom past all the pics of dogs, there is a load of stuff written in red which has the info on BT and after that is a small bit written in black with the link.
If anyone here can do a link thing for me that would be great, sorry guys I'm a bit of a ludite when it comes to computers:cry:

ok I couldn't do a link if my life depended on it but if you google Many Tears Rescue the first page that comes up is a very long one, scroll all the way to the bottom past all the pics of dogs, there is a load of stuff written in red which has the info on BT and after that is a small bit written in black with the link.
If anyone here can do a link thing for me that would be great, sorry guys I'm a bit of a ludite when it comes to computers:cry:

could you type on here what the page address is on the top of the page? Cant see any red writing where I am looking so think I am in the wrong place.

Hiya,

I'm trying to help too!
The only two links i can find are:

Board Message

Many Tears Rescue

and i can't see the red writing on either!
Am i on the wrong pages?

This is the only web page I have found and doesnt sound like what you describe Susie:

Home for www.manytears.co.uk

If you get the page you want on your screen, highlight the address in the address bar and right click, copy - open up the geek site and go to post a reply and then right click and paste to put in the web link.

Is it a registered charity.

Only if its not registered noone is likely to want to help.Watchdog probably will not be interested, even our school PA is registered .Im not saying for one minute this is the truth but you could be donating money to someones ordinary bank account if its not a registered charity.They are probably fantastic people doing a good job but if not registered they could also be taking us all for a ride.I dont know these people from Adam.They would get a heck of a lot more help,tax rebates everything if registered they have been going a while ..Why not.
I sound a right old meany but its for their benefit.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]WE HAVE DUG OURSELVES INTO A HOLE and we need help now!!!!
For some time now the enquiries line was run by a volunteer from her home. A new line was put in her home and she had free calls from that to do all interviews etc. This was wonderful but as she was over 150 miles away from us it was rather awkward.
We saved enough money and found a volunteer to run the enquiries line from here. We asked BT for a quote and they told us how much a new line would cost. We agreed and were told April 12th it would be put on. April 12th came so did our new line BUT BT said sorry we cannot connect you as we have not enough main lines and need to put one on - this will happen next week.
By this time the other volunteer had cancelled her extra line, so we had to use our existing line.) This means Bill's boarding clients can never get through and Bill can never get on the phone to make outward going calls. It also means all calls we make are on business rates, WOW!!
Today after having been sent our broadband package BT calls and says SORRY we cannot put a new phone on we have not a spare line. If you want to pay for a new main line it will be £5,232 but BT will pay the first thousand. I said you have paid a man for half a days work to put new wires and box in the office and sent a broadband connection box? Yes sorry it's a mistake BT say. I then said do you agree you gave us a quote, sent the broadband box, had an engineer fit wires to the office for half a day and for your mistake I need to pay £4,232 He said YES.
So we have a letter from BT thanking us for ordering broadband and sending us a box a load of wires, a boarding business no one can call to book (and this pays the mortgage for us to be here) and a very expensive phone line. This may literally shut Many Tears Rescue down. Even if we had the spare cash, should we pay for BTs mistake? Also if the work was done and planning was granted for a new property down the road BT would be obliged to put a phone on, so I asked if I would get some of my money back and I was told no.
So warnings are:
[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]
    [*]Don’t move to an end of line property.
    [*]Mistakes made by BT will be pushed onto customers.
    [*]And lastly No one really cares, or do they… ….
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]Can any one put pressure on BT so this does not happen again to us or others? Will anyone help us find a way to make this work. Unless you have been here you may not understand how urgent this all is. The telephone saves lives and is a crucial part of this home and its existence.

26-02-07 UPDATE ON BT
Thank you for all the good advice and support from all, especially the kind words from people who have worked (some for over 20 years) for BT to tell me how it is there. Still not a word of help from BT though. I have written to all I can think of and if you want to help, please ring, write or e mail BT. Ask to speak to the manager of the complaints team if they offer someone else, ask for a contact at the chairman's office and write to him.
Please we are the voice of the voiceless, for the animals here help us to continue.

HOW TO HELP US
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]For those of you wishing to help us in our battle with BT over the new phone line, below is some suggested text you can copy and past into the BT Complaints Form
. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]Here is the complaint:
I am complaining in regard to the way that BT have treated Many Tears Rescue in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Wales. They were told that a new line could be put in their property and now been told that this is a mistake and it will cost £4,232. As I am sure you are aware Many Tears Animal Rescue is a small charity and could never afford this. As a result of them not having an up and running separate contact number many animals could die. I think it is disgraceful for a multi million pound company like yourself to behave in this way and to let animals to suffer and die because of your mistake. I am seriously considering cancelling my own account with you. as are many others of Many Tears supporters. I strongly suggest that you relook at this and come to a solution before more customer act.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]UPDATE 30-4-07
Still no help from BT - In fact, they have now closed their file on us. After quoting £124.99 and taking the order for connecting a new line, then telling us it would cost £4232.00 if we wanted to proceed - they have now noted in their file that we have cancelled the order as we said it would cost too much and they consider the matter closed. I can't give a complaint reference number because they consider it a closed matter and won't give it complaint status. For anyone wanting to complain to BT on our behalf - the original order reference number is QHK297SW
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]Also to clarify a few points - The order was taken over the phone at which time I was quoted the £124.99, given the reference number above, given our new phone number and e-mail address and signed up for an 18 month BT Broadband package. At that time I was told they would connect us on the 12th of April. To date we have received nothing in writing from BT except a thank you for ordering broadband letter dated 26 March and then a broadband box and packet sent by special delivery on the 11th of April. The engineer showed up on the day they promised, ran wires from the pole to the house, put in extention boxes to the house and rescue office, then said there was a problem as the main cable running from the exchange could not handle anymore phone lines. He never mentioned additional costs, just said that they would have to run bigger cables down the lane and they should do it within a week or two. They have not sent us a bill for the £124.99 and have not asked for their broadband equipment back.

UPDATE 01-05-07
It has been suggested we contact Watchdog - an appropriately named program!
Click here to lauch
their contact form. Maybe if enough people complained they would feature our problem on a program!
[/FONT]

This is the only web page I have found and doesnt sound like what you describe Susie:

Home for www.manytears.co.uk

If you get the page you want on your screen, highlight the address in the address bar and right click, copy - open up the geek site and go to post a reply and then right click and paste to put in the web link.
yep thats the site.
omg I've copied and pasted and it worked go me:lol:

Only if its not registered noone is likely to want to help.Watchdog probably will not be interested, even our school PA is registered .Im not saying for one minute this is the truth but you could be donating money to someones ordinary bank account if its not a registered charity.They are probably fantastic people doing a good job but if not registered they could also be taking us all for a ride.I dont know these people from Adam.They would get a heck of a lot more help,tax rebates everything if registered they have been going a while ..Why not.
I sound a right old meany but its for their benefit.
They do have a buisness, its a boarding kennels, and every single penny profit made from the boarding kennels goes to suport the shelter.
For all we are supposed to be a animal loveing country, believe me, when it comes to geting funding its not that easy. This shelter is RSPCA supported and thats good enough for me

Done it Suzie lets hope it helps :hug:

Done it Suzie lets hope it helps :hug:
thanks hun:hug:
I think I'm nearly as chuffed that I managed to get a computer thingy to work:lol: as I am that you are helping, if you see what I mean:lol:

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]Many Tears adoption fees
When we opened, we had hoped that people adopting our dogs would be fair and see what a good and expensive job we were doing. We started by asking people to make a voluntary donation towards the running of the rescue. But sadly trusting people to make a sensible donation did not work.

As from 21 May 2007 our adoption fee is £115 for a dog or puppy. Owing to the huge amount spent each year on vet treatments, supplies, heat lamps in winter and wages, we are now registered as a non-profit company and may have to be VAT registered. That means at the end of the financial year we will have accountant audited accounts for anyone to view. We hope this will help all understand the huge cost of running this rescue and also let people see where their donations are spent.
[/FONT]

The above is copied and pasted direct from their web site.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]All their dogs are neutered, micro chiped, vacinated, wormed and any other treatment given. I am not asking anyone to give them money just to go to the link in my other thread click on it and get watch dog to investigate.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]Please take the time to visit many tears web site, its quite extensive, read it all and make up your own minds. Thanks geeks:hug:
[/FONT]

Suzie, we got our dog from a rescue centre about 4 years ago and it cost us in the region of £100.00 which was fine as they do a great job looking after the dogs untill they are rehoused. he hadn't had his bits done though and we did have to pay for a complete check up at the vets, but the little scruff was well worth it.

Attachments

• let it snow!! 011.jpg
    let it snow!! 011.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 26
Yes, £115 doesn't sound too expensive, especially if they are being neutered/spayed, micro-chipped etc - those bills can soon add up. Take into account the feeding/vet costs they may already have had for the dog plus they have to feed the dogs that nobody wants - they say they won't put a dog down just because nobody wants it, so that's going to add up.

I'm curious, why do you want Watchdog involved? Do you think they are ripping people off?

The local dog pound near my mum charges people close on £100 if they want to adopt a dog. Where I am, I don't think they charge anything and there's a family just down the road that seem to get a new dog every month because the latest 'freebie' they adopted has either been run over or run away - it's disgraceful! At least if people have to pay a charge (and not some kind of £20 donation) they'll think twice about taking a rescue dog on and not just get one on the spur of the moment.

Jackie

Jac - your dog is GORGEOUS! :)

Latest posts

Back