Your kiddie's name and why you chose it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little girl of three is called charlie, not charlotte just charlie! We had so much abuse off strangers for giving her this name, because its apparently a boys name & there are so many lovely girls names out there blah blah!!
My husband came up with it when we had the talk on our third date about how many kids we each wanted etc and i liked it. He begged me for kids for years and he would always refer to a baby charlie, and when i was pregnant we called the bump baby charlie so i had to go with it because she has always been charlie. I have the say next time if there is a next time! I like gabriel or isabella, hopefully i will have another girl!

I love Charlie for a girl, my hubby is Charlie (well not to me or immediate family) but he wasn't so keen because it his name 😪

My 3 are called Elliott his dad wanted to name him and I didn't mind my middle one is madden it's the twins for good Charlotte (the band) surname and my little girl is called Peyton jade from the kids film game plan me and my husband love it

My little girl of three is called charlie, not charlotte just charlie! We had so much abuse off strangers for giving her this name, because its apparently a boys name & there are so many lovely girls names out there blah blah!!
My husband came up with it when we had the talk on our third date about how many kids we each wanted etc and i liked it. He begged me for kids for years and he would always refer to a baby charlie, and when i was pregnant we called the bump baby charlie so i had to go with it because she has always been charlie. I have the say next time if there is a next time! I like gabriel or isabella, hopefully i will have another girl!

My husband girl is charleigh I love the name for a girl

I have 2 boys. My oldest is Alfie, he has 2 middle names of Brian and Andrew which are mine & hubby's dad names. We chose Alfie as this was the only name we both liked, I wanted Damien and he wanted Zack for our first.
My youngest son is Jeorje (George) he also has 2 middle names of Walter James these are of mine and hubby's gramps. We chose Jeorje as I have always loved this name even before I was pregnant or even with my hubby. We changed it to a J as every 2nd child born to someone on my hubby's side name begins with J, the midwife have us the idea of 2 J's.
if we have another child it's name will be Charlie, boy or girl this is another name I have always loved x

My oldest is Jae . I also have a Jae but he wanted his name changed when he was about 11 so we changed it it is now Jaeden . He is nearly 19 now. I have had 6 kids Chardonnay being my eldest she would of been 20 this September but she passed away as a baby. My brother picked her name. Was a bit upset when footballers wives came out with the name because now people class it as chavy. Then my only boy Jaeden who was born Jae . Twin girls Ebony & Baylee. I chose Ebony as I love that name & my husband chose Baylee to this day 11 yrs on its still not a favourite lol then my youngest is Tahlia (Ta lee ah) I wanted to call her Cleo till I was about 6 months pregnant then I changed the name to Renace but my husband hated it & he didn't like Cleo & I have always loved the name Natalia but hate it when it gets shortened to Nat so we used the Tahlia from it as Talia is pronounced different. I uses Renace as a middle name but wish I has just called her that as I love it.

Omg forgot to add my daughter Paris. ( hangs head in shame to of forgot one of her children lol)

My boy is called Malakai.

It's usually spelt Malachi and means "my angel" or "my messenger" 5 years later and I still love the name. It's shortened to Kai sometimes. I never heard of the name before but had a dream when I was pregnant that I called my baby boy Malakai (didn't know he was a boy at that stage either)

If I have a girl her name will be Mariella Maria. I love the name Mariella and Maria was my grandmothers and mothers middle names.

My son is Reagan (Ree gan) it means little king in Irish!

My daughter is Imogen and my son is Kenzie, which is shortened to ken or Kenny a lot x

My son is called Toby Harry
My daughter is Isabelle Rose
My nan and great aunt were called Rose and my middle name is Rose
My husbands grandad is called Harry and my husband's middle name is Harry

We call her 'Bella Butterfly' as a nickname and she loves it :)

I've got a Lewis (17) chosen just because I like it. Leon (14) chosen after watching A.W.O.L with jean Claude van dam, he was called Leon :) and Archie (5) as that is the only name we could agree on, I wanted to name him Sebastian which I love. Xx

My little boy is called Ellis and his middle name is jay which is my partners name. I liked jay but OH wasn't so keen as it would cause too much confusion. We saw the name in a baby book and it was the only 1 on the list we both agreed on if we had another boy I would want Jude

My daughter is 10 and her name is Briahna Lee. (Bree-ah-na) I just loved the name Briahna and she has my middle name. My husbands family has nicknamed her banana. She hates it but its all in good fun.

My son is 4 and his name is Ethan Andrew. It was the only name I could get my husband to agree on. His middle name is my husbands name. I liked how the names went together.

My baby girl is Ruby Mae. I've always loved it but we also chose Ella Rose in case baby didn't look like a Ruby. Boys names were Alfie George and Frankie George with my favourite being Frankie. I actually love it for a girl to so maybe if we have another it'll be Frankie whether its a girl or boy. On the day she was born Chelsea were playing and the fella said to me mid push "if this baby is a boy we are not naming him until the football is over as if chelsea win I do not want people thinking we've named him after frank bloody lampard" lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got a Lewis (17) chosen just because I like it. Leon (14) chosen after watching A.W.O.L with jean Claude van dam, he was called Leon :) and Archie (5) as that is the only name we could agree on, I wanted to name him Sebastian which I love. Xx

Seriously !!! . If your avatar is you then you only look about 17 yourself - And I mean that in a very nice way :)

My names are much 'older than everyone else

Daughers name Lisa - Born 7 weeks prem and did not have a name for her . had to give her one quick just in case she did not make it .-= She did and is now a strapping 32 year old

And Jonathan - Sheer snobbery ;-)

My eldest is called Faith - no idea why she just was a faith once is had her, middle is Grace - wanted Gracie and had to compromise lol and youngest is Hope, she was going to be called Honor but it didn't suit her so Hope because not a lot went with Faith and Gracie (yes she has been called Gracie from day 1 hehe) xx

I have a daughter called Emily Elizabeth, Emily cause i liked it and Elizabeth is after my nan and a son called Lennon James Antony. Lennon after John Lennon as my OH is a massive fan, James as we allowed our daughter to chose a name for him (she was 8 when he was born) and Antony as its my OH's and his dads middle name. I am currently pregnant with number 3 with a month to go and as yet still can't seem to find a name we can stick too. X

My eldest is called Faith - no idea why she just was a faith once is had her, middle is Grace - wanted Gracie and had to compromise lol and youngest is Hope, she was going to be called Honor but it didn't suit her so Hope because not a lot went with Faith and Gracie (yes she has been called Gracie from day 1 hehe) xx

I love honor as a girls name but my hubby didn't like it :(

My daughter is Ruby Olivia. I always loved the name Ruby and we hoped we'd have a little girl. Everyone said it'll be a girl (we didn't find out as wanted a surprise) when I was 7 months pregnant we had a final babymoon holiday and in a cafe there I was brought a drink and the crockery had the name ruby printed on it. I was like it must be a sign, if we have a girl it has to be ruby! And my mum's middle name and my late nan's name was Olive.

Last edited:
I've an Alison Louise (24) I didn't like her name so called her Alice which went on to Allie, I wanted Charlotte Elizabeth, her dad wanted Melissa Louise.. We compromised with a list, he chose.
I've also a Liam Aaron (21) he was Kyle until I went into labour then liam just came to me, his nan gave us grief about her wanting to call baby Elvis if it was a boy.. We compromised with Aaron, Elvis's middle name.
I've also a Caitlin Samantha (15) I'd had her first name from very early on, her second name came from her older sister, her dad had had a daughter a lot of years before when he was young.
And lastly I've a Scarlett Grace (5) Scarlett is my love of red, I wanted Dakota Grace but Scarlett gripped me more :) I just though Grace gelled.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back