Your kiddie's name and why you chose it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter is 10 and her name is Millie. I really liked the name whilst pregnant with her, never heard it at all. A few years later it was a really popular name, we always get asked what its short for. It's not short for anything its just Millie, thankfully a lot of the other Millie's around aren't actually Millies its there shortened name. I hated it with a y so that's why its an ie.

My son is 4 and he is Cody. Again hardly heard it then as soon as I had him the names everywhere. Millie named him she was obsessed with the suite life of zack and Cody on Disney channel at the time. Our other name for him was Orion as in Orion's belt. Wish we had called him that. If we have another and its a boy(not likely though other half is dead against it) i would definitely call him Orion.

My daughter is Yasmin (5), my son is Max (2), chose both just because we liked them and they r not popular names. currently pregnant due next month but dont know what sex the baby is and we only have agreed on a girls name which will b Aryana, I like Dexter or Alec for a boy but partner not sure xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My first daughter is Lily (3) picked because i have always loved the name and always thought if i had a girl she woud be lily and luckily partner agreed and my second daughter is Rosie (6 months) again picked because we loved the name and both agreed on it. So now i have two flowers :)
Their surname is 'May' which goes perfectly with their names but can cause confusion as people think its their middle name when i first say it:biggrin:

My first daughter is Lily (3) picked because i have always loved the name and always thought if i had a girl she woud be lily and luckily partner agreed and my second daughter is Rosie (6 months) again picked because we loved the name and both agreed on it. So now i have two flowers :)
Their surname is 'May' which goes perfectly with their names but can cause confusion as people think its their middle name when i first say it:biggrin:

Lily & Rosie May beautiful names x

Eldest, daughter, is Charlotte, named after the most inspirational woman I have ever met who was a psychiatrist I was working for (I wasn't a patient lol)! It wasn't popular back in 1981, but when she was born in 1989 it was prob the most popular name of the year :mad:) No middle name simply because I thought it was so beautiful it didnt need enhancing!

Then came Jack - because we both liked it and agreed if we ever had a boy we would call him that. That was in 1984 when we got married! Again, in 1991 it proved to be one of the most popular names of the year :mad: Middle name Robert after my grandad (he was a legend - fought in WW1 when he was only 15!)

Third is Joshua (Josh). Not sure where that came from! We both really liked Sebastian, but it didn't fit with the other names. Oh, and guess what, one of the most popular names for his birth year again :mad: If he had been a girl, he would have been Georgia - went to see Micheal Bolton when 9 months pregnant and at the time just loved the song and the name.

My boy who passed away is called sunny,his name wasn't confirmed until I went into labour and it was a nasty day raining,thunder,storms but as soon as he popped out the sun came out it's was very strange.Everything just stopped suddenly and that's when I knew it had to be sunny and spelt sunny not sonny.

I chose sky for my daughter but when I told my mum she freaked out and said if you call her that I'll call her something else when she is with me :lol: so I carried on searching for the perfect name when my mum rang me and said what about Billie and I just fell in love with it and it was perfect.So that name stuck and she is Billie Honor (Honor being my little sisters name).xx

My daughters name is Ellie Paige. (Paige as middle name)
I loved the name Paige since I was young. & he picked Ellie. I hated Ellie until the moment she was born, but as stupid as it sounds- she just looked like an Ellie. Lol.
I love the name Lainey aswel! (From she's all that.) If I ever have another girl she will be Lainey. :)
Xx

i have a Scarlette Olivia who is 4, we had s few names we liked but didn't name her til she was born. we decided on this as i went into labour on rememberance Sunday and the poppies used for rememberance are Scarlet corn poppies.

if she was a boy we had Roman

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

My little boy is called Leyton Vinnie Harry.

Leighton was my late Nan's surname
Vincent or Vinny was was late Grandad's name
Harry was my partners Grandad's name.

I have 2 sons, Mackenzie and Taylor ... No reason other than I just loved the names.. Both names weren't popular when I chose them!

My little boy is called Zachary Daniel (Zach for short). He was called Ethan for 5 mins until my MIL said I thought you was calling him Zachary. My otherhalf was determined we wasn't going to have a zachary as at the time i really liked Zac Efron (not for him being in high school musical tho). I'm glad we changed his name because he really suits it.
And Daniel is my husbands name.

My son's middle name Leigh which is my maiden name. We had no clue what to call our son all I knew was that I didn't want a biblical name like Matthew or Luke- hilarious considering we chose Samuel in the end and the first thing my husbands Egyptian father said was "Samuel that's a good Hebrew name!"

i have a Scarlette Olivia who is 4, we had s few names we liked but didn't name her til she was born. we decided on this as i went into labour on rememberance Sunday and the poppies used for rememberance are Scarlet corn poppies.

if she was a boy we had Roman

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went into labour on Remembrance Sunday too, and my hubby's in the army so if she had been born that day she would have been a poppy.
10 days later she arrived (long winded labour story for another thread lol)

My daughter is Chloe-Rose although I actually wanted Meggie as its a character in the thorn birds book which I had always loved. But I was so drugged up after having her I agreed to Chloe-Rose which my husband really wanted (rose is after his mum too) and it does really suit her. At one point before she was born we were considering Texas Rose (thank god we never!). My son was much harder to choose for, especially as we have a really religious surname which put paid to my favourites like Eden or Samson. In the end we chose Mitch which I still really love as there's hardly any Mitchs about and it suits him so well. The funny thing is though we looked up the meaning of his name a while ago and it means "he who is like The Lord" so it definitely goes with our religious surname lol

My son is fifteen and he's named Ryan, i remember when he was born all the nurses asking me if it was after Ryan gigs but I hadn't a clue who he was (never been into football) I don't why I picked it it just came to me and I loved it and couldn't imagine any other name for him, my ex hated it but i insisted as i just couldnt call him anything else. a few years ago I want to a medium and she told me that my dad who passed when I was a baby loved the name and that it meant a lot to him, I couldn't understand why as I had never heard of anything relating Ryan to my dad so I asked my mam and she said funny she never put it together but that a neighbour of my dads called mr Ryan was like a father to my dad (his own dad had walked out) and that he was very close to him. Strange

My sons called kian.. me and my partner could not decide on a name and it was getting annoying... got up one morning and put gmtv (now daybreak) on and westlife come on the show kian was mentioned so I text my other half and said we are calling him kian end of!! Ive always loved westlife :) lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My eldest is called Joshua Francis, oh and fil wanted Connor but I hated it, heard joshua and liked it. Oh nan died the week before I gave birth I was 41 weeks and oh suggested naming Francis after her, I couldn't care less I wanted him out lol. But now I think it goes well.

Second child is Georgia mai. My great grandparents were called George and may. My nan was the most special person to me and they were special to her so when she suggested Georgia may I loved it just changed may to mai.

My third child I named Sophia darcy as sophia was unusual and pretty. Then some celeb called her baby Sophia and now they are everywhere lol. Darcy was after d'arcy from the smashing pumpkins (oh is a huge fan)

Can't have anymore but if I did I like the names aoife or cherry for a girl. Xander or benny for a boy lol

My little boy is called Eban (EB-AN) and I got it off the horror film 30 days of night, its the main characters name and I'd never heard it before but loved it. xx

Hi my son is called Canyon K, hes 8 now and found this name off a map off the world.The K is the 1st letter of my name.Love this name :lol: & him xx

My little girl is jemima estelle she was meant to be violet June. I had my best friend in with me when I gave birth when the midwife asked for baby's name she begged me not to choose violet I was off my head on drugs (from the hospital) and don't know where I got jemima from although I have never regretted it and we never bump into other jemimas although people always say jemima puddleduck or jemima from play school,, we like to be more classy and think jemima goldsmith!!

Latest posts

Back