Your staff style?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I colour my own hair, especially as I don't work in a salon anymore. Iv never been pressured to change my hair in salons but it must be horrible if your happy with your hair and someone is telling you to change it x

Your just in the wrong salon ;-) not every salon out there wants a certain look, they all different, and one of them will love you.if you can't fit in with their image move on.dont take it personally its just business. Sending luck your way!!!

THair, just out of interest why didnt you just get them to colour it so it was like your natural colour again instead of chopping it off yourself? I only ask because I've got long hair and could never imagine doing that!

I've seen a salon where all the stylists and clients seem to come out looking the same with a similar haircut and shade of blonde.

A bit too Stepford wife for me.

I can appreciate that if a salon is trying to market themselves to a specific client type, they might want their staff to represent that image in a physical way.

Personally, I'm ok with individual, funky, conservative etc. as long as they are clean, tidy and wearing clean clothes. (Not yesterday's offerings)

My only serious bugbear is staff smelling of cigarettes. It's a real no-no for me in a salon.

THair, just out of interest why didnt you just get them to colour it so it was like your natural colour again instead of chopping it off yourself? I only ask because I've got long hair and could never imagine doing that!
This is going to sound crazy

But i know the colour is still on my hair if that makes sense so colouring it again is not going to make me happy or feel like its natural

So i just grow it out :)
And i know my hair will grow back :):) ..... EVENTUALLY

This is going to sound crazy

But i know the colour is still on my hair if that makes sense so colouring it again is not going to make me happy or feel like its natural

So i just grow it out :)
And i know my hair will grow back :):) ..... EVENTUALLY

that's such a shame:sad: what colour did you have put on? wold it help to get a trusted hairdresser to cut it into a short crop then you would have irradicated all of the colour hair and be back to your natural state. its such a pity they did this to you. try and upload a photo then we can suggest style options.x

As a member of staff in previous salons I feel as a stylist it is so important to look professional and smart at all times , black is my choice of colour ( not that I'm morbid lol )
I have my hair coloured purely because my natural base is too warm for me eew !
I don't think people should have to have their hair coloured as is it personal choice , as long as you look smart and professional and more importantly act professional that's all what matters to me xx

Im not a hairdresser however i do think its totally out of order to pressure someone into something they dont want to do. As a client i would expect my stylist to look smart and have nice hair but it wouldnt stop me going to get a colour done if my stylist had natural hair

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I do understand how this made you feel.. I have been told by a previous employer how I must have my make up and to change the colour of my hair... At first I did this but then after a few months I realised that its up to me know one else but my self how I look. Good on you!

I color and cut my own as well. Nothing wrong with it if it looks good. am way picky.

I color and cut my own as well. Nothing wrong with it if it looks good. am way picky.

If you're really picky surely someone else can do it much better.... Foils would be tricky.. Not getting colour overlap... Tricky

Technical layering and graduation.... All tricky on yourself.....
If my staff cut or coloured their own hair I would be appalled!
But maybe that's just me....

I always think that staff should definitely be themselves in a salon, It shows creativeness, individuality, and difference. Clients want to see people who're more creative surely? Because that's what makes the client choose that individual rather than some same old stylist, right?

If you're really picky surely someone else can do it much better.... Foils would be tricky.. Not getting colour overlap... Tricky

Depending on what they're doing them selves, colours are fine, cuts I really wouldn't recommend doing yourself, and hey! You work in a salon right? Get someone else to do it haha!

Depending on what they're doing them selves, colours are fine, cuts I really wouldn't recommend doing yourself, and hey! You work in a salon right? Get someone else to do it haha!

I hear you but I provide a dedicated hair night every 5ish weeks so my staff can have exceptional hair....
Colouring it at home isn't necessary when you have access to an array of talented stylists and sets a bad example.... Just my opinion though

I hear you but I provide a dedicated hair night every 5ish weeks so my staff can have exceptional hair....
Colouring it at home isn't necessary when you have access to an array of talented stylists and sets a bad example.... Just my opinion though

As long as it doesn't look bad, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Both colouring & cutting.

My hair looks amazing.

Also, some of us who are mobile or otherwise working by ourselves dont have a choice when it comes to cutting/colouring hair. I get a girl i went to college with to cut mine luckily, but I'm not paying a salon (probably double of what i charge) to colour my hair.

Also, some of us who are mobile or otherwise working by ourselves dont have a choice when it comes to cutting/colouring hair. I get a girl i went to college with to cut mine luckily, but I'm not paying a salon (probably double of what i charge) to colour my hair.

Agree x

Brilliant idea!

From my point of view a stylists individuality is important as it advertises there style. But if it offends clients then it needs to be looked at & worked out between the boss & the stylist. I personally hate plain boring clothes but thats my style :D Here is just a couple of shoes that i wear for work & i ALWAYS get compliments on my shoes :D I even have a school teacher taking photos of them lol

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 203

Latest posts

Back