Your thoughts on this offer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty_

Reaction score
hi guys, have seen a full epos system on ebay for £750 - thats for keyboard, mouse, screen, barcode scanner, till drawer, receipt printer and the salon software, Salon Advance. I questioned where its from etc and basically she said its from salon, approx 3yrs old and they no longer need as they have upgraded. this lady is selling on behalf of salon Advance and the software would be transfered into my salons name with one month free support while we get used to new system. Does this sound like a good offer? Does it sound legitimate? I think its a really good price for a whole system, almost too good to be true? Also does anyone have any experience with Salon Advance software and what its like? many thanks in advance x

I'd be checking it out with Salon Advance before I part with any dosh!

Hmm, flea-bay!

IMHO ask yourself who will support you in 6 months time. . .

How much will that cost?? How much is support? Who do you ring if it stops working in 5 weeks? How long will SA support a 3yr old system? How long will that take you to fix? How much will it actually cost your business not to have it working? Are you liable for hardware replacements; err; probably. How much is a new screen or barcode scanner? How much does it cost to reset the software?

Then you can see if 'cheap' is really cost effective! As Lynne says - definitely put a call into the manufacturers before you place your bid!

hth?
Jason.

I have been looking for new software system and salon advanced have a offer at moment with everything you said but for £995. So this may be a better option. I know more money butat least its from the actual company. I'm thinking of going for it myself but was looking for someone who has used the system if anyone has can you please let us know what you think

As already said you do need to check out the support costs because some companies charge quite a large monthly fee which adds up. Also do u have to pay for licencing costs? updates etc? If the software and hardware is 3 years old who would you turn to in 3months time say if it became faulty? The initial price maybe cheap however with the added underlying costs adding up it could be as much as buying a new system in the long run.

Latest posts

Back