£10 For Full Set!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
I'm not kidding. An A4 peice of paper with the words "£10 for Full Set" stuck in the window of a hairdressers in Peckham.
It didn't even say special offer, or, for limited period.
I know there's a lot of competition with nail shops popping up everywhere in local high streets,(there's about 7 round my way) but don't you think that's a bit ridiculous or is it just a simple case supply and demand?

Oh I don't know. (sigh)

Some of the salons around here do full sets for £15 with free nail art....

lol some people must like to work for free :lol::lol::lol:

Hi there remember there's a recession on and people's disposable income has changed therefore IMO, the sign is genuine. May sound strange but it is likely to be true:)

Hi there remember there's a recession on and people's disposable income has changed therefore IMO, the sign is genuine. May sound strange but it is likely to be true:)

not where i work it aint sweet pea:hug:

Some clients are purely driven by one thing - cost. They don't really care for quality, lasting results etc they just want the cheapest possible. And unfortunately a lot of salons start to panic when someone else comes in cheaper then they do so they put the prices down which means less money for everyone and devalues our work.

Female waxing is a great example of this! I look at the prices in some places and do wonder how they make any money.

Yeah I can believe its £10, maybe they see it as a loss leader or just something to get you in the door and then you find and conditions applied to it.

Some clients are purely driven by one thing - cost. They don't really care for quality, lasting results etc they just want the cheapest possible. And unfortunately a lot of salons start to panic when someone else comes in cheaper then they do so they put the prices down which means less money for everyone and devalues our work.

Female waxing is a great example of this! I look at the prices in some places and do wonder how they make any money.

Yeah I can believe its £10, maybe they see it as a loss leader or just something to get you in the door and then you find and conditions applied to it.

Nicely put !!!!. I agree here. I think we are all having hard time's at the mo and people will think "omg,if i put my price's down then i will have more client's" so they will put their price's down some ridiculous price where they are not making money and hope for the best.

I am a firm believer that everyone is finding it hard at the mo BUT if you want client's then your work has to be good. The best advertment for your business is word of mouth,then people have seen your work and know waht to expect.Being the cheapest is not always the best as some people will think cheap and nasty.

So hang on in there everyone because people work DAME hard for their money these day's that they will say "sod it,i am going to treat myself and have my skin,hair and nails done".

Can't say I've seen too much evidence of 'recession' round my way either, but I think it sends out totally the wrong message to potential clients to do your treatments ridiculously cheap (without stipulating specific terms).

To me it's sending out the message that you're not busy & desperatly need more clients. You can sense that air of desparation in shops that are about to close down - not good.

There's a salon nearby that offers full sets of L&P on 2 days a week for £10 I'm assuming it's a girl just out of training and they are the 2 quiet days for the salon.
They have to get practice somewhere and it's in the right price range for teenagers...that's what I'm guessing?
The "one offs" who don't become regulars.

Likewise I've seen no downturn in my workload, if anything this Summer has been a bit busier than last year - I'm fully booked from morning till evening nearly every day at the moment. I try to price reasonably; being cheap does no favours, it immediately makes me think of the quality of service & products. Whilst some people might be lured in, they are often not the kind of regular clients that you'd want anyway, as they are generally unloyal & go wherever they can get it the cheapest. That and the likelihood of anyone offering treatments at such a cheap price on a longterm basis are unlikely to be around for long!

If I saw an ad like that I'd be thinking that they'd look cheap if they only cost that much. If you have a think about 'you get what you pay for', then the average client would realise that although it sounds a bargain, it's not going to be a good deal long term.

Also, the therapist would have to realise that they're doing themselves a dis-service in the long run. What happens when she wants to up her price. If she's training and it's practice til she's qualified, all well and good. But not if she's a trained therapist who's idea is to undercut all those in the local area to get her client base fast. Once she goes to put her prices up, her clients will start to look elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back