3 nails broken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimboodee2

Reaction score
Hi

I did a full set of l&p 6 days ago and have just had a phone call to say she needs a repair on 3 nails.

She said she was putting her boots on and a crack appeared.....I have not had this before usually last along time, this is a new client , she is very happy with them and realises it may be her fault...

So just looking for some advice, could it be my application? I have not been doing nails for that long completed college last year.

Thanks
Denise x
Posted via Mobile Device

It's more than likely a case of her being heavy handed (and not realising it).
Knocking/banging her nails will cause micro-fractures, this in turn will weaken the enhancement (especially if they're bashed about a bit) and then something 'simple' like making the bed or pulling on boots will cause the nail to break...

What does she do for a job?
Were her enhancements the right length for her lifestyle?

She has broken them...it happens :) they could be little too long for her...I would just repair/replace them and charge her.

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for your replies. She does a lot of computer work... she has never had enhancements before either . I gave all the aftercare advice but she is not used to them, she is happy with them though but will check to see if she is struggling with length. Thanks again for ur help xx

Last edited:
You will know from looking at the rest of her nails if it was a problem with your application, like if there is a lot of lifting (which there shouldn't be)

If the rest of the nails are perfect, then it must be something she has done.

As already said, I would probably just file down the length.

Hi Thanks for your replies.

I have just been to the client and definately no lifting. Client has taken full respsonibility. However, the 3 nails that had come away are a bit red ( i think from the trauma ). I have re-done the 3 nails and client is happy although I did suggest taking size down abit she was quite adament she wanted to keep the length.

I was a bit concerned having to use acetone and file of the acrylic while the nails were a bit red. What would you have done? I have not had this since college and TBH at college the tutor would say that the client will tell you when it starts to burn and thats when to stop filing :Scared:. Which I dont do .:wink2:

Anyways she has rebooked :biggrin:

Thanks
Denise
x

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for your replies.

I have just been to the client and definately no lifting. Client has taken full respsonibility. However, the 3 nails that had come away are a bit red ( i think from the trauma ). I have re-done the 3 nails and client is happy although I did suggest taking size down abit she was quite adament she wanted to keep the length.

I was a bit concerned having to use acetone and file of the acrylic while the nails were a bit red. What would you have done? I have not had this since college and TBH at college the tutor would say that the client will tell you when it starts to burn and thats when to stop filing :Scared:. Which I dont do .:wink2:

Anyways she has rebooked :biggrin:

Thanks
Denise
x

If I'm reading this right, your tutor told you that if filing of enhancements, when the client complains of pain you need to stop filing? YEEGODS! Surely there'd be virtually no nail left by then? Otherwise, it may be that you're filing in one area too long and causing friction heat? Either way, that's not the sign that you need to stop filing, surely?!

Glad you seem to have a bit more sense in the nail world than your tutor had!

Last edited:
If I'm reading this right, your tutor told you that if filing of enhancements, when the client complains of pain you need to stop filing? YEEGODS! Surely there'd be virtually no nail left by then? Otherwise, it may be that you're filing in one area too long and causing friction heat? Either way, that's not the sign that you need to stop filing, surely?!

Glad you seem to have a bit more sense in the nail world than your tutor had!

I know its only from being on salon geek that I have learned that some of my college training had a few flaws. But learning every day: ) x
Posted via Mobile Device

I know its only from being on salon geek that I have learned that some of my college training had a few flaws. But learning every day: ) x
Posted via Mobile Device

I tell you, I've learned so much from this forum, it's a goldmine of education!

Latest posts

Back