5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being GF sucks today. Bought a GF veg lasagne it's 330 cals and tiny TINY. Like a mouthful. I might end up a few calories over today with a Muller light.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

So far, so good today. Just had my dinner and a cuppa. Feeling nicely full after nothing all day. Walked the dog and did an exercise dvd, too, so I've beaten my 10000 steps target already. Also, I've made do with a lot of fruit teas, in an effort to cut down on my splashes of skimmed milk in my Earl Grey.

Not sure how I feel about this method, but the idea of not having to be quite so consistently strict for 5 days of the week is somehow rather appealing. I just don't particularly like Mondays and Thursdays at present! :irked::biggrin:

So far, so good today. Just had my dinner and a cuppa. Feeling nicely full after nothing all day. Walked the dog and did an exercise dvd, too, so I've beaten my 10000 steps target already. Also, I've made do with a lot of fruit teas, in an effort to cut down on my splashes of skimmed milk in my Earl Grey.

Not sure how I feel about this method, but the idea of not having to be quite so consistently strict for 5 days of the week is somehow rather appealing. I just don't particularly like Mondays and Thursdays at present! :irked::biggrin:

I find the fasts are getting easier. I just remind myself that whatever I want I can have tomorrow then make another herbal tea lol. We can do it. X

Last edited:
Your all doing great 😊xxx

I fund the fasts are getting easier. I just remind myself that whatever I want I can have tomorrow then make another herbal tea lol. We can do it. X

Well, I'll stick with it for the timebeing. It would be good to see how I fare in a week without any 'Meals out' type distractions. Even so, I still lost a bit and it wasn't a good week for me to start it, tbh.

Thinking of getting the book, but which one? Been looking and there are several!

Your all doing great 😊xxx

I'm not! I've felt really nauseas all day so have only had mugs of hot peppermint cordial and as I take strong painkillers that I need to eat with I just had some plain peanuts as that's the only thing I can stomach when I feel rough like this. However, have just discovered the peanuts come to more than the fasting calories allowed! So I'm so crap at this that I also fail when I'm barely eating!

I read the Michael Moseley one. The health benefits and sciency stuff is very interesting. X

I'm not! I've felt really nauseas all day so have only had mugs of hot peppermint cordial and as I take strong painkillers that I need to eat with I just had some plain peanuts as that's the only thing I can stomach when I feel rough like this. However, have just discovered the peanuts come to more than the fasting calories allowed! So I'm so crap at this that I also fail when I'm barely eating!

Ah no, it's difficult when your not well :( don't be too hard on yourself, your health and well being more important xxxx

Oh no. Don't be hard on yourself. Eating with your pain med is very important. Maybe you could talk to your GP see if it's ok to fast? If it us you could give yourself some more calories to have with your medication. Xx

Oh I'm bad on feast days, had jelly beans, chocolate, poppudoms, curry and wine :( and going for pizza tomorrow. I'm never going to lose weight might just have ti accept my size

Last edited:
Oh I'm bad on feast days, had jelly beans, chocolate, poppudoms, curry and wine :( and going for pizza tomorrow. I'm never going to lose weight might just have ti accept my size

I think different methods of weight loss only suit us at certain times and the more specific/restrictive they are the more we are prone to ultimately abandoning them. Long term, the only method that has ever really and truly worked for me is plain old calorie counting.

I will stick with this for a bit longer, but I'm not convinced it's sustainable for me, personally. Time will tell ...... x

I think different methods of weight loss only suit us at certain times and the more specific/restrictive they are the more we are prone to ultimately abandoning them. Long term, the only method that has ever really and truly worked for me is plain old calorie counting.

I will stick with this for a bit longer, but I'm not convinced it's sustainable for me, personally. Time will tell ...... x

I did like calorie counting but it just takes over your life. All that counting. After watching the documentary I like the other health benefits, but I want to be healthy and today I just are rubbish lol. I think my poor body us just a confused mess from years of yoyo dieting. Um sticking with thus fir now and will make a conscious effort to not eat as much junk. See if I can get this under control. Hope your doing ok. X

That is not nesasrily bad though. You are NOT supposed to limit your calories on feast days.

You are supposed to have differing calorie intake all the time to throw your body, so as long as you do the fast days correctly you should still see some loss - I know it sounds mad but it does still work.

I don't count on feast days at all. I have whatever I want & when I want it.

The more you think you can't have something the more you want it. So don't stop yourself having anything (except on fast days) and then you won't even want the bad stuff & the diet will work.

I did like calorie counting but it just takes over your life. All that counting. After watching the documentary I like the other health benefits, but I want to be healthy and today I just are rubbish lol. I think my poor body us just a confused mess from years of yoyo dieting. Um sticking with thus fir now and will make a conscious effort to not eat as much junk. See if I can get this under control. Hope your doing ok. X

I didn't quite get through the fast day totally unscathed in the end, as evenings are by far my worst times. :irked: To be honest, I think whatever method you choose, be it counting calories, syns, healthy extras, pro points or whatever - it all takes over your life. Food is an integral part of our very existence and not something you can just go cold turkey on until you get used to doing without it eg smoking! We can NEVER give up eating, so the struggle never ends!! :hug:

I heartily agree with Baggy on not letting your body get used to a pattern and constantly sneaking up and taking it by surprise! It kinda gets complacent otherwise. :irked:

That is not nesasrily bad though. You are NOT supposed to limit your calories on feast days.

You are supposed to have differing calorie intake all the time to throw your body, so as long as you do the fast days correctly you should still see some loss - I know it sounds mad but it does still work.

I don't count on feast days at all. I have whatever I want & when I want it.

The more you think you can't have something the more you want it. So don't stop yourself having anything (except on fast days) and then you won't even want the bad stuff & the diet will work.

I understand what your saying, it makes sense and I read the book and saw the doc but I'm worried I'm unhealthy now. Lol I ate a whole giant bar of aero, your body does nothing with that rubbish. I did only eat half my curry tho where I would normally scoff the lot. Now I'm drinking wine. More empty calories lol. I'm going for a walk to calm my brain down I think.

I understand what your saying, it makes sense and I read the book and saw the doc but I'm worried I'm unhealthy now. Lol I ate a whole giant bar of aero, your body does nothing with that rubbish. I did only eat half my curry tho where I would normally scoff the lot. Now I'm drinking wine. More empty calories lol. I'm going for a walk to calm my brain down I think.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that ANYONE eats healthily ALL the time. If we are trying MOST of the time, it's as much <if not better> than the majority! xx

Your problem is your focusing on what you eat ALL the time. You MUST forget about it on feast days and just focus on the fast days.

If you worry about what your eating all the time you will just make yourself ill with worry.

The beauty of the 5:2 diet is that you DON'T diet 5 days of the week, you just live life & forget about food, dieting etc.. just live & have fun. Then fast & get the health benefits & lose weight.

The less you worry & think about food on your feast days the less unhealthy things you will want in the end.

Your problem is your focusing on what you eat ALL the time. You MUST forget about it on feast days and just focus on the fast days.

If you worry about what your eating all the time you will just make yourself ill with worry.

The beauty of the 5:2 diet is that you DON'T diet 5 days of the week, you just live life & forget about food, dieting etc.. just live & have fun. Then fast & get the health benefits & lose weight.

The less you worry & think about food on your feast days the less unhealthy things you will want in the end.

I know your right. I'm just so used to worrying all the time. I have stopped counting calories on my fast days but I'm out to dinner 3 times this week. I will try and relax and nit think about it. Xx

Going out 5 times in a week is fine as long as you fast twice. Keeping your body guessing is good, it means your body has to react to what it's given when it gets it & this should mean you lose wight from your 2 fast days.

Latest posts

Back