5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great we all doing monday, well like you say Nikki can all help each other, its night time i get the nibbles :irked:xx

So this diet is 5 normal days of 1200 calories and 2 fast days of 500 calories is that right girls? Do you have to fast on consecutive days or a gap in between? I'm looking to just lose half a stone and coz I'm allergic to so much stuff (wheat, dairy, cocoa, salad, tomatoes) it's soooo hard got me to find any diet that works. Do you think this is doable for someone with limited food range like me?

So this diet is 5 normal days of 1200 calories and 2 fast days of 500 calories is that right girls? Do you have to fast on consecutive days or a gap in between? I'm looking to just lose half a stone and coz I'm allergic to so much stuff (wheat, dairy, cocoa, salad, tomatoes) it's soooo hard got me to find any diet that works. Do you think this is doable for someone with limited food range like me?

Hi waffle, yes it's just your normal diet/food five days then 500 cals for two days but not together, I only started last week but days best for me will be Thursday and Monday!
I was also worried as I have ME but went on the 5.2 forum and a few others doing it with ME are fine.
I try and stick to 1500 cals as do the fitness app then on diet day just had things I usually eat but less off, no butter, no carbs ect x

Hi waffle, yes it's just your normal diet/food five days then 500 cals for two days but not together, I only started last week but days best for me will be Thursday and Monday!
I was also worried as I have ME but went on the 5.2 forum and a few others doing it with ME are fine.
I try and stick to 1500 cals as do the fitness app then on diet day just had things I usually eat but less off, no butter, no carbs ect x

Thanks Lila that's really helpful. Hmmm may give it a go. Do you get headaches on the fasting days?

Thanks Lila that's really helpful. Hmmm may give it a go. Do you get headaches on the fasting days?

I've only done one day, felt ok really, felt quite good to be honest, why don't you give one day a go plan for it and see how you go, lots of support on here for you 😊xx

I've only done one day, felt ok really, felt quite good to be honest, why don't you give one day a go plan for it and see how you go, lots of support on here for you 😊xx

Yes I think I will, thank you :)

Hi guys, im not doing the 5:2 diet but something similar, only eating within a certain time window ie 11.30-7.30 so my body has 16hrs fasting everyday. Its similar principles to the 5:2 diet apparently. Has anyone else tried it? Im just 5 days in, managing ok so far. X

So glad I found this! I started this diet on 3rd Jan. Had 3 fasting days so far. I'm training for London marathon so fast on my rest days Monday and Friday, although Mondays I do Pilates, ab attack and Boxercise but don't mind I struggle that day, it probably helps as it's my day off therefore I'm kept busy rather than eat. I've also heard there's lots of health benefits to this so can't be bad. I'm not sure if I've lost anything tho as my scales are playing up lol! I must make that water. I've not got any mint at hand wonder if peppermint tea bag will suffice as I wanna make it now lol! Good luck everyone.

Ps half term of non creamy normal soups are the same calories as a cup a soup but more filling. Homemade definitely the way forward tho x

Hi guys, im not doing the 5:2 diet but something similar, only eating within a certain time window ie 11.30-7.30 so my body has 16hrs fasting everyday. Its similar principles to the 5:2 diet apparently. Has anyone else tried it? Im just 5 days in, managing ok so far. X

That's interesting I think there are a few different combinations, some people only fast one day a week, guess what works for you :) x

So glad I found this! I started this diet on 3rd Jan. Had 3 fasting days so far. I'm training for London marathon so fast on my rest days Monday and Friday, although Mondays I do Pilates, ab attack and Boxercise but don't mind I struggle that day, it probably helps as it's my day off therefore I'm kept busy rather than eat. I've also heard there's lots of health benefits to this so can't be bad. I'm not sure if I've lost anything tho as my scales are playing up lol! I must make that water. I've not got any mint at hand wonder if peppermint tea bag will suffice as I wanna make it now lol! Good luck everyone.

Ps half term of non creamy normal soups are the same calories as a cup a soup but more filling. Homemade definitely the way forward tho x

I'm sure be fine without mint or try the teabag, I was like that dying to try it :) I'll see how I go as don't want to make my ME bad but sure it will be ok, we should all aim for Monday and help each other,you sound like your doing great x

Ok you need to work out your TDEE I think ,1200 is too little. If you have too little calorie s you risk going into starvation mode and gaining weight my TDEE us 1600 so I stick to that in feast days . X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I have heard this called 16:8 I think if it suits your lifestyle and works go for it

Ok you need to work out your TDEE I think ,1200 is too little. If you have too little calorie s you risk going into starvation mode and gaining weight my TDEE us 1600 so I stick to that in feast days . X

Hey Nikki what's TDEE xx

It's your total daily energy expenditure. You work it out by setting my fitness pal to maintain, that's how the diet works best. But I went over mine last night whoops.

It's your total daily energy expenditure. You work it out by setting my fitness pal to maintain, that's how the diet works best. But I went over mine last night whoops.

Sorry I'm confused? So I download "my fitness pal" then what?
I'm only small (5ft) and unable to exercise due to a spinal injury which is why I thought 1200 calories a day was more than enough and I only need to lose half a stone. Am I going about this wrong then?
Thanks x

I'm unable to exercise so set mine to sedentary I can't quite remember how as I don't use my fitness pal anymore but you set it to maintain
Rather than lose. 1200 would be a good amount if you were not fasting you could lose by eating that much without the 2 fast days. Am I making any sense? I feel like I'm not? if you have a kindle. the 5:2 book is only a few pounds and very helpful. The

Ah right, just done it and mine said just over 1800 which is quite a bit, I normally stick to 1500 give or take and weekends don't count!
I think I may try 1600 everyday but fasting days xx

Are we all reAdy for tomorrow I've made my water, mind looks like something a horse would drink 😳🐴🌿xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389560536.389647.jpg

Hope this is right xx

Latest posts

Back