5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think they say you should stick as close to the TDEE as possible or body could go in to starvation mode and store fat. (That's if you're doing it to lose weight)

I haven't been very successful at drinking my water today. It's quite a strong flavour :( xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I think they say you should stick as close to the TDEE as possible or body could go in to starvation mode and store fat. (That's if you're doing it to lose weight)

I haven't been very successful at drinking my water today. It's quite a strong flavour :( xxx

Oh dear mine was strong when I put it in the fridge!
😯xxx

Oh dear mine was strong when I put it in the fridge!
😯xxx

Hmmm I found the cucumber very overpowering :( xxx

My waters all ready my meal and snack are planned. Feeling excited. Mine was too lemony last week so only put a but in this time.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

My waters all ready my meal and snack are planned. Feeling excited. Mine was too lemony last week so only put a but in this time.

I haven't planned what to eat tomorrow :-/xxx

I plan my meals when I'm not fasting I'm a bit of a control freak. Lol I just discovered slim noodles so I'm trying them 21 calories per serving! Will let you all know if they are nice or not.

I plan my meals when I'm not fasting I'm a bit of a control freak. Lol I just discovered slim noodles so I'm trying them 21 calories per serving! Will let you all know if they are nice or not.

Ooooooo wow I may have to get some. Where from? Xxx

I've heard of them is it holland and Barrett xx

So glad I found this! I started this diet on 3rd Jan. Had 3 fasting days so far. I'm training for London marathon so fast on my rest days Monday and Friday, although Mondays I do Pilates, ab attack and Boxercise but don't mind I struggle that day, it probably helps as it's my day off therefore I'm kept busy rather than eat. I've also heard there's lots of health benefits to this so can't be bad. I'm not sure if I've lost anything tho as my scales are playing up lol! I must make that water. I've not got any mint at hand wonder if peppermint tea bag will suffice as I wanna make it now lol! Good luck everyone.

Ps half term of non creamy normal soups are the same calories as a cup a soup but more filling. Homemade definitely the way forward tho x
Hi geeks :) I'm doing the 5:2 as well what's the water ? X

The slim noodles are in Holland and Barratt in the penny sale at the moment. X

Good luck today ladies xx

This has to be the worst diet I have heard of.

You pretty much starve for two days then eat normally for five?

You lot will end up with a dodgy metabolism. I'm not being nasty but this really cannot be good for you.

What happened to eating properly and getting exercise? It's like a dangerous quick fix.

Surrey Girl through and through x

You lot will end up with a dodgy metabolism. I'm not being nasty but this really cannot be good for you.

What happened to eating properly and getting exercise? It's like a dangerous quick fix.

Initially it does sound like one of those fad diets....BUT!

Doctors are now saying that this method of eating is actually very good for you and is a good lifestyle choice rather than just a diet.
Fasting has been proven to really help reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes and even get people's sugar levels back to normal when they have been borderline type 2!
Dr Michael Mosley the man behind it is a slight eccentric but he does have all the facts and research to back up the concept of this 5:2.

I think when done properly, i.e. eating good food for your 500 calories and not just eating a square of chocolate and starving yourself the rest of your fasting day, and eating sensibly on your 5 normal days it is a good sensible way to go.

I am waiting on the book and will be giving it a try as I think it will fit in with my lifestyle pretty well.

Hi Panoramic, the fasting diet actually increases your metabolism, the fast days are done with an eating day in between not 2 days in a row.

There are some very interesting articles and books about this diet, it has many good health benefits besides losing weight :)

I've done it for about 18 months now, I initially lost about 16lb and I have never put on more than 4lb since then (Christmas!) I enjoy my food and eat what I like, i eat a mostly healthy diet but I do go out for meals, have occasional take aways, drink wine almost every weekend and now just fast for 1 or 2 days a week, usually 1. 2 if I have a special event coming up etc.

On my fasting days I feel great, I usually do them when I'm doing freelance on a tues as I get home late and I'm busy all day, there's less temptation. I find it hard to do at the salon when my clients bring in croissants/biscuits etc or the girls order pie, peas & gravy for their lunch :/

For me the diet is more about the health benefits than the losing weight....that's just an added bonus that I like very much ;)

Im actually doing the fast/diet for health reasons and losing weight is a bonus.
I have ME and am very sensitive to different foods ect so no how much food plays a part in how i feel.
I eat very well and im fasting today which i will be having a
poached egg with one slice of toast.
Minestrone soup
tin of tuna with low fat mayo and a huge salad
Then a hot chocolate for supper (low in cals of course)
So i would not say im starving myself today just being careful i eat well and not to much.
I try and eat well the rest of the days drink lots of water and herbal teas and light exercise.
If i can get into a habit of this being a lifestyle choice rather then a diet and i feel better then im very exited.
I was actually looking forward to today as feel like im detoxing in a healthy way.
x

Think I might give this a little try to kick start the new year and just been reading up on it. My TDEE is about 1900, depending on if I stick to my exercise dvd routine or not. Things seem to have gone a little by the wayside since Christmas! :rolleyes:

Was reading the FAQ on their site and I definitely agree with the bit about some people choosing to have their 500 calories all in one go in the evening. For myself, eating DOES seem to make me hungry for the next meal and I'm always far more likely to cave in during the evening anyway, so might as well kill two birds with one stone and do my troughing then, legitimately! :lol:

I loathe cucumber, so the drink they suggest is pretty much out of the window. I simply couldn't exist without regular cups of tea throughout the day, so I'm still going to have a small slurp of skimmed milk with them regardless. So, that said, today is going to be my first fast day. I can't see myself having 1900 calories on the non fasting days, though, as it just seems too much if I want to see real results. We shall see ...... :wink2:

It's not a quick fix you lose weight very slowly. It's a healthy way of eating for life. You have to eat healthy but nit restricted on the non fast days. It scientific and our bodies are actually built to handle a few days without food, your digestion does need a break and in our western world we abuse it by cramming in too much food all the time. I suffer food allergies and IBS and having 2 fasts a week had massively improved those as well as many other health benefits. X

how is everyone doing? think im going to do my poached egg:wink2:

Latest posts

Back