5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday equals meagre rations day again. So far, so good. Kept myself busy and did an exercise dvd plus walked the dog, although I do the latter every day. I got myself one of those zero noodles thingies and am trying to pluck up the enthusiasm to try it later. Anyone had them?

Dread the evening, though, and wonder what it is about that part of the day that's so difficult for so many? Maybe it's because quite often it's our 'Chill time,' when we feel we ought to be able to indulge ourselves after a day's work etc? Anyone else have this problem? :irked:

Today was meant to be my second fast day of the week BUT because yesterday was delivery day at myother half's shop (a mental busy day) we waited ALL day for the delivery (rang them at 4.45pm to ask where it was) but the supplier hadn't sent it so the delivery came this morning - this meant I couldn't fast today as I had to help out like I was supposed to do yesterday.

I think I will struggle to fast tomorrow as it's another mental busy day running about the place & it's usually my take out night but I'm going to give it a go & try fasting tomoz :Scared:.

I always find the evenings harder as it is the time I get sit down and watch tv, this is when I would usually have mugs of tea & pick at crisps/chocolate/sweets/cake etc..

I have also found it easier to cope with the fasting evenings if my other half is not about, he seems to sit & pick at stuff unconciously & it is hard to see someone else eating when you know you can't have anything. It's one of the reasons I have my fast days on Monday (he's out at pool all evening) & Thursday (he's out doing Warhammer/Bolt Action gaming club all evening).

:(just tried the slim noodles and did not like them one bit. Thats my only meal of the day ruined. Keep on getting dizzy today but never had it before. Another early night I think lol

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

You should always try new meals on a feast day, then if you like them have them on fast day :wink2: also if your food on fast day is too bland try adding something from your store cuboard to add flavour (paprika, curry powder, garlic salt, soy sauce, mustard etc.. most things won't add too many calories but can make a HUGE difference to enjoyment of your food).

You should always try new meals on a feast day, then if you like them have them on fast day :wink2: also if your food on fast day is too bland try adding something from your store cuboard to add flavour (paprika, curry powder, garlic salt, soy sauce, mustard etc.. most things won't add too many calories but can make a HUGE difference to enjoyment of your food).

That's such a good idea never thought to try them first. Last year I used ready meals but I'm newly diagnosed gluten intolerant and it's so much harder because I hate cooking and working out my cals wish someone could do it for me lol

I've been absolutely useless this week. No fast days, eating rubbish, not been to gym. I have no willpower and I feel like a wobbly slob.

Glad got that off my chest haha

Next week is a new HEALTHY week!!!!

You ladies are doing fabulous!!!!!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I am so excited about weigh in day tomorrow :) as next week is when I wanted to lose my 1st stone by! I'm excited to find out if I'm nearly there or not. Will be so mad if I'm not haha!!! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Guys see on your 5 normal days do u still eat healthy or do u let urself eat what u want?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Coming upto my first week on the fast diet and ive done amazing, really proud of myself :) i have been a naughty girl today and ate naughty food.........still within my daily calories but trying to behave :) come on guys and girlies we can do it <3

Guys see on your 5 normal days do u still eat healthy or do u let urself eat what u want?

I eat within reason. Ill have wholemeal toast for brekkie, porridge and jam for lunch, a nice dinner, i will still have my favourite snack........malteasers in the day or a cheeky doughnut, i couldnt do this diet without the help of the app on my phone called my fitness pal, scan my food, add it to my diary and i know were im at and wat portions of food. I cant compliment the app enough, its made this diet so easy for me i dont feel like im on a diet xx

I eat what i want, I actually find I can't eat as much as I used to and can never finish my dinner any more.

Does anyone else feel all giddy and excited after weigh in and think "wooohooo those 2 hungry days a week are soooo worth it?"

It's what gets me through the tough days too! "It's ok I will have lost weight today and I can eat nice tomorrow"

Xxxx

Food glorious food......tucking into breakfast.
It may just be 2 slices of toast but it is like nectar after a fast day!

It definitely is the thought of being able to eat normally the next day that gets you through the hunger pangs on fast days.
I'm only on week 2 but quite enjoying it, especially with a 5 pound loss after week 1!

Right girls I'm joining you on Monday!

I lost about 2 and a half stone around a year ago on WW (which was actually half a stone more than I intended to) but have decided I'd like to shift another half before my hols in 4 weeks.

Really excited about the health benefits of fasting and hoping it will encourage me to up my fruit and veg intake which really is appalling during the day!

How was your weigh in Glamour Eyes?

X

You should only be calorie counting on your fast days & then have what you want on feast days - obviously if your eating nothing but cakes & crisps & chocolate your not going to lose as much weight as if you were to have things in moderation but you should allow yourself to have anything you want when you want it on your feast days. Your only on a diet 2 days of the week :wink2:

Coming upto my first week on the fast diet and ive done amazing, really proud of myself :) i have been a naughty girl today and ate naughty food.........still within my daily calories but trying to behave :) come on guys and girlies we can do it <3

On feast days NOTHING is naughty - that is the joy of the fast diet. :biggrin:

I eat what i want, I actually find I can't eat as much as I used to and can never finish my dinner any more.

This is the fast diet working without calorie counting or trying to control what you eat, your body will start to want less food and you will start to find you don't crave those sweeter/high calorie foods as much as you used to.

Does anyone else feel all giddy and excited after weigh in and think "wooohooo those 2 hungry days a week are soooo worth it?"

It's what gets me through the tough days too! "It's ok I will have lost weight today and I can eat nice tomorrow"

Xxxx

Well done & keep up the good work :Love:, it is great when you SEE the results of those 2 tough days isn't it lol.

Food glorious food......tucking into breakfast.
It may just be 2 slices of toast but it is like nectar after a fast day!

It definitely is the thought of being able to eat normally the next day that gets you through the hunger pangs on fast days.
I'm only on week 2 but quite enjoying it, especially with a 5 pound loss after week 1!

Well done to you too on your weight loss :Love:I'm fasting today :rolleyes: enjoy your feast day :p.

I'm only weighing once a month as I get obsessed with the scales other wise lol. I'm going out for dinner tonight and I can't wait. No worrying
about it no feeling guilty. This diet rocks.

I was reading about leptin yesterday, how it is our fat burning hormone so if your on a constant low fat diet you produce less leptin meaning you burn fat slower but by eating more like on 5:2 you start to produce more leptin. Baggybear I finally get what your saying :D yaay. Lets eat, unless your fasting today. X

Nikki May I'm glad you finally get it, now you go & enjoy your unrestricted eating :p I am fasting today but looking forward to having lots of yummy food tomorrow. :Love:

Right girls I'm joining you on Monday!

I lost about 2 and a half stone around a year ago on WW (which was actually half a stone more than I intended to) but have decided I'd like to shift another half before my hols in 4 weeks.

Really excited about the health benefits of fasting and hoping it will encourage me to up my fruit and veg intake which really is appalling during the day!

How was your weigh in Glamour Eyes?

X

I lost what I wanted :) I'd put 2lbs on due to it being that time of the month. So I've now lost that PLUS another 2lbs. So that's 12lbs since 6th Jan :) Hopefully hit my 1st stone by next week!!! Woohoo xxx

Well done & keep up the good work :Love:, it is great when you SEE the results of those 2 tough days isn't it lol.

Thanks hun :) yeah it's great I love it. I know it will slow down soon. But at the moment ever fast day I'm lile "woohoo - I've lost weight today" haha. I don't weigh each day though, I just mean because of the fast lol xxx

Last edited:
Nikki May I'm glad you finally get it, now you go & enjoy your unrestricted eating :p I am fasting today but looking forward to having lots of yummy food tomorrow. :Love:

I'm having cheese on toast and I am so excited. Lol
Well done glamoureyes your doing amazing. X

I'm def giving another go when feeling better, you girls are doing so well xxx

Latest posts

Back