5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you making sure you're drinking plenty of water?

Today is my 3rd fast day this week and it's going well woohoo :) I'm just going to have a bite to eat then I'm off out doing tanning all night so will be kept busy :) I hope I've lost my last pound of ny 1st stone !!! :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No I'm definitely not drinking enough water, I know it sounds silly but drinking lots of water makes me hungry!

Fingers crossed for your weigh in, I'm sure you've done it, you're doing so well! X

That's what happened to me yesterday, obviously wasn't in the right frame of mind. Had my dinner, now, and got the rest of the evening planned until I retire for an early night.

I have an incentive to stick with it today, as I'm not missing out on a rather nice lunch out with a friend tomorrow. :D

Maybe we could share some ideas on what to eat for best calorific advantage on our fast days? I tend to make sure it's loaded with protein and veg, although I've just been reminded that I've got some of those zero noodle thingies. Anyone tried them, as I'm somehow a bit reluctant! :Scared: :wink2:

My partner has started this 5:2 diet and has done about 4 fast days in the last two weeks.
To make it easier for him (I cant see him counting calories properly) we have bought him some of those "fuller for longer" ready meals from M&S. They were 3 for £10 which I didn't think was too bad and he has enjoyed all of them up until now. He knows exactly how many calories he will be having for dinner and can plan his day better. Some of them have too many calories for women (he can have 600 a day) but we have also seen meals like this in Morrisons which only have 195-200 calories so that would mean you could have two per day and still have a breakfast.

I know that this is all at a cost but to start him off on the diet, I think it's worth it. In time, he can learn to cook low calorie meals.

Also, Superdrug are now selling the Lighterlife meals and shakes, one shake is around 150 calories and really does fill you up. I think they are £8.50 for a pack of four.

Hope this info might help someone.

No I'm definitely not drinking enough water, I know it sounds silly but drinking lots of water makes me hungry!

Fingers crossed for your weigh in, I'm sure you've done it, you're doing so well! X

Thanks hun :) fingers crossed.

Try drinking more water honestly.

1) it helps with loss. The days I don't drink much I don't lose as much
2) will stop the headaches
3) I was the same... made me hungry.. but if you drink enough... you'll be surprised that it eventually fills you up

;) try on your next fast day filling a 2ltr bottle of water and workinh your way through it throughout the day. You'll be surprised how quickly it goes.

Good luck hun xxx

Well my clients decided to rearrange this afternoons appointments so I went back to bed & slept most of the day like a baby & felt a bit better after the extra sleep.

I decided to see how I felt through the day & found I wasn't hungry so I managed my fast easily. Had my 500 cal evening meal and didn't actually want anything but knew I needed to have something.

Well my clients decided to rearrange this afternoons appointments so I went back to bed & slept most of the day like a baby & felt a bit better after the extra sleep.

I decided to see how I felt through the day & found I wasn't hungry so I managed my fast easily. Had my 500 cal evening meal and didn't actually want anything but knew I needed to have something.

Well done, glad you feel a bit better xx

Thanks hun :) fingers crossed.

Try drinking more water honestly.

1) it helps with loss. The days I don't drink much I don't lose as much
2) will stop the headaches
3) I was the same... made me hungry.. but if you drink enough... you'll be surprised that it eventually fills you up

;) try on your next fast day filling a 2ltr bottle of water and workinh your way through it throughout the day. You'll be surprised how quickly it goes.

Good luck hun xxx

Thanks hun I'll def try that on Monday, I woke up this morning so dehydrated so I def need to drink more on fast days.

I don't know what I'm more excited for - to see if you've last that last 1lb, the three whole days I have til my next fast or my weigh in on Monday lol! X

Thanks hun I'll def try that on Monday, I woke up this morning so dehydrated so I def need to drink more on fast days.

I don't know what I'm more excited for - to see if you've last that last 1lb, the three whole days I have til my next fast or my weigh in on Monday lol! X

I'VE DONE IT!!!! I'VE LOST MY 1ST STONE!!! Woohoo :)

Enjoy your feast days hun :) and good luck for Monday! :)

Eeeek I love this way of life :D

Xxxx

Xxxx

Ahh well done girlie you must be so proud, great start to the new year xxx

Ahh well done girlie you must be so proud, great start to the new year xxx

Thanks hun, means a lot. I'm so chuffed :)

I know I will put a few pounds on this weekend though as I'm off on a geeky weekend. So there will be lots of drinking and eating going on haha ;)

But I will lose that next week. Then the following week I will crack on to lose my next stone! So excited lol xxx

Xxxx

Yay love this post!!! X

Thanks hun, means a lot. I'm so chuffed :)

I know I will put a few pounds on this weekend though as I'm off on a geeky weekend. So there will be lots of drinking and eating going on haha ;)

But I will lose that next week. Then the following week I will crack on to lose my next stone! So excited lol xxx

So jealous you will have a fab time, will be keeping an eye on Facebook for pics 😜xxx

Xxxx

That's brilliant. Well done. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I would recommend the carb nite solution over this 5:2 diet.
It's ultra low carb and high fat.
I don't eat in the day until around 12/1pm so I'm fasting for a good 16 hours minimum. I only have boiled water and lemon in a morning.
The author is D H Kiefer.
I don't know much about this. 5:2 but I can imagine it's not really sustainable for a long period of time whereas carb nite solution is. Also if anybody is into heavy weight training like myself you can then go into carb backloading.
Xx

yes! 5/2 not sustainable for me at least ive done it but LCHF (low carb hight fat) is EASY as heck , no calorie counting, good for u, varied, healthy, no hunger involved and great for keeping off diabetes and many other very serious health issues ,i would recommend it 100 times over 5/2 . try it!!!!!!

Sweden Becomes First Western Nation to Reject Low-fat Diet Dogma in Favor of Low-carb High-fat Nutrition - David Duke.com | David Duke.com

yes! 5/2 not sustainable for me at least ive done it but LCHF (low carb hight fat) is EASY as heck , no calorie counting, good for u, varied, healthy, no hunger involved and great for keeping off diabetes and many other very serious health issues ,i would recommend it 100 times over 5/2 . try it!!!!!!

Sweden Becomes First Western Nation to Reject Low-fat Diet Dogma in Favor of Low-carb High-fat Nutrition - David Duke.com | David Duke.com

Thank you :) glad there is somebody else out there who believes in this :))

Just dashed to shop to grab the book and got wrong one. Which book is everyone going from so I make sure I get correct one

Think I'm going to try tue, get back into it, I'm actually exited thinking about it xx

I've gained 27lbs since calling my wedding off last September, there's been so much upheaval, I've eaten my weight in crap every day. However, since Tuesday I've been really good and when I weighed myself this morning, I'd lost 6lbs. I want to drop a further 37lbs to get me back to where I was pre-twins, so am going to continue calorie counting and then do 5:2 to maintain the loss. It scares me to do it from now, because I have zero self control. I have to severely restrict myself, or I would overeat massively on the 5 normal days!! Well done to everyone that's sticking with it!! Xx

Just dashed to shop to grab the book and got wrong one. Which book is everyone going from so I make sure I get correct one

Oh no effie, is it the 5.2 book as is a few! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391360083.929266.jpg
This is the one I had but gave it away!! Need to buy again so would like advice on the best xx

Mines called the fast diet it's by Michael Moseley and Mimi Spencer who did the documentary. Very interesting but thing they probably all explain the same principle.

Mines called the fast diet it's by Michael Moseley and Mimi Spencer who did the documentary. Very interesting but thing they probably all explain the same principle.

I'll look for that one xx

Latest posts

Back