5% Who make their own l/p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i read in a recent post that 95% of l/p brands are made in the same place.
i know creative make their own products though and i am very curious to know who else is in the 5% minority.
does any body know ?:confused:

i know creative make their own products though and i am very curious to know who else is in the 5% minority.
Here are a few more.....LOL

OPI have their own Research and Development headed by Paul Bryson
CND have their own Research and Developement headed by Doug Schoon
IBD have their own Research and Development headed by Debbie Marr-Leisy
NSI have also their own Research and Development ,Rick Slack III is the director/coordinator of Research and Development
Orly have Helga Melger as the director/coordinator of Research and Development

Here are a few more.....LOL

OPI have their own Research and Development headed by Paul Bryson
CND have their own Research and Developement headed by Doug Schoon
IBD have their own Research and Development headed by Debbie Marr-Leisy
NSI have also their own Research and Development ,Rick Slack III is the director/coordinator of Research and Development
Orly have Helga Melger as the director/coordinator of Research and Development

I think it's about time Roofie babe started writing a book!!!!! Or we should just give up posting questions and PM our Roofie with them instead!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go girl!!!!!! xxx

Isn't Ezflow in that 5% too?

so ezflow products are basically the same as ... erm... any other product... (aside from the 5 mentioned)... for example, it could be the Edge product in a different packet?

so ezflow products are basically the same as ... erm... any other product... (aside from the 5 mentioned)... for example, it could be the Edge product in a different packet?

No .. I did not say that at all.

Just because a company buys its products from an outside source does not mean trhat they are all the same at all??

Many are the same in different packaging but many are not. It is up to the company in question to purchase the products it wants ... some companies are more specific in their wants and needs, and other companies just buy the 'same old thng'.

No .. I did not say that at all.

Just because a company buys its products from an outside source does not mean trhat they are all the same at all??

Many are the same in different packaging but many are not. It is up to the company in question to purchase the products it wants ... some companies are more specific in their wants and needs, and other companies just buy the 'same old thng'.

sorry geeg, i know u didn't say that.. i just presumed that because 95% of nail products were from 'who knows'.... that nail techs could find one brand that is the same as another... and there are loads of acrylic suppliers... other than the 5 mentioned...

Well I'm surprised!

Well i'm not so surprized, owing a factory of their own is a huge investement, and remeber nail related brands have so many other things they have to concentrate besides product development, so why not hire a specialized company to do that work for them? There are many other brands operating in this manner in other sectors.

I'm not surprised either, but it's good to hear most of the industry leaders are in the 5%, and deservingly so.

As Prionace said, the 'same product/different packaging' thing happens with lots of different companies' products throughout the beauty industry.

Isn't Ezflow in that 5% too?

No it is not.

EzFlow do manufactor and develop their own products.... as yet i am not too sure who the head of developement is but im sure i could find it out if anyone really wanted to know or failing that you could always just contact AII (link here) who own EzFlow and other brands like IBD, China glaze etc...

Jess
xox

No wonder certain companies have such a good reputation,i found this very interesting as i was not aware that the minority produced there own products,to be honest i assumed it would be the reverse.

Jmo but it gives the companies listed above even more credability in my eyes !

EzFlow do manufactor and develop their own products.... as yet i am not too sure who the head of developement is but im sure i could find it out if anyone really wanted to know or failing that you could always just contact AII (link here) who own EzFlow and other brands like IBD, China glaze etc...

Jess
xox

If I am wrong then I apologize, but last I heard, from an unimpeachable source, EZF out-sourced their products and I still do believe this is the case. Not that there's anything wrong in this.

There's nothing wrong with outsourcing a product, just because they do doesn't mean they are all the same, a product can be specifically tailored to your needs by a manufacturer. All products however do have something in common "their ingredients", often the only difference between brands is the specific measurements of ingredients (and of course price).
Research & development is still done by the smaller companies that outsource.
All you have to do to prove this is look at a variety of products and check the MSDS of their products. And of course, some recipes or formulas are better than others.
All you need is venture capital (lots of it) and you too can put your name on a product line that works and performs almost like any of your favorite brands.

David Daniel, Co Founder of Ez Flow has asked me to post the following contribution to the points being raised. This is a direct quote from David.....

To all UK Nail Technicians:

I would like to bring some clarity to the recent controversial remarks in regards to EZ Flow Nail Systems and the Research & Development Team.

EZ Flow is part of the American International Industries Family which is one of largest Professional Nail Manufacturers in the World. We have an approximately 250,000 square foot location in Los Angeles with onsite Manufacturing & Production (with a team of over 700 colleagues working here) and one of the best Research & Development Teams in the Industry.

Our R&D team not only consists of Chemists with PhDs but also NAIL TECHNICIANS like Danny Haile Co-Founder of EZ Flow Nail Systems and International Renowned Nail Champion.

In my opinion I would say that EZ Flow’s Education Team, the real MASTER ARTIST EDUCATORS, are the best in the World and with our newly enhanced training, incorporating NVQ Standards, we will prove it.

In closing I assure you all that EZ Flow is not only “NOT” another me too acrylic system but rather a market leader for many years not just in nail products but in education around the World.

At EZ Flow we may not be creative be we are without a doubt ARTISTIC.

WITH EZ FLOW YOU CAN. . . . . . . .

Come see us at G-MEX Booth C24 for the Launch of EZ Flow's NEW “Patent Pending” High Definition Acrylic System.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope this has brought some clarity to this issue.

Sincerely

David Daniel
Co-Founder
EZ Flow Nail Systems & Nail Technician

David Daniel, Co Founder of Ez Flow has asked me to post the following contribution to the points being raised. This is a direct quote from David.....

To all UK Nail Technicians:

I would like to bring some clarity to the recent controversial remarks in regards to EZ Flow Nail Systems and the Research & Development Team.

EZ Flow is part of the American International Industries Family which is one of largest Professional Nail Manufacturers in the World. We have an approximately 250,000 square foot location in Los Angeles with onsite Manufacturing & Production (with a team of over 700 colleagues working here) and one of the best Research & Development Teams in the Industry.

Our R&D team not only consists of Chemists with PhDs but also NAIL TECHNICIANS like Danny Haile Co-Founder of EZ Flow Nail Systems and International Renowned Nail Champion.

In my opinion I would say that EZ Flow’s Education Team, the real MASTER ARTIST EDUCATORS, are the best in the World and with our newly enhanced training, incorporating NVQ Standards, we will prove it.

In closing I assure you all that EZ Flow is not only “NOT” another me too acrylic system but rather a market leader for many years not just in nail products but in education around the World.

Come see us at G-MEX Booth C24 for the Launch of EZ Flow's NEW “Patent Pending” High Definition Acrylic System.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope this has brought some clarity to this issue.

Sincerely

David Daniel
Co-Founder
EZ Flow Nail Systems & Nail Technician

that hasn't clarified it - u say you are a 'part of one'... part of a group - does this group share nail product branding or not?

please forgive me but that sounds more like an advert than the kind of response we were looking for.
the text I've highlighted... just tells us which group or 'family' the company belong to, it doesn't state whether each brand within that 'family' makes their L+P products differently, nor does it say they're the same but with a different label... that's the kind of clarification peeps were looking for.

please forgive me but that sounds more like an advert than the kind of response we were looking for.
the text I've highlighted... just tells us which group or 'family' the company belong to, it doesn't state whether each brand within that 'family' makes their L+P products differently, nor does it say they're the same but with a different label... that's the kind of clarification peeps were looking for.

hi sandi,

just to clarify you point....

AII produce 3 different L&P systems - Supernail, IBD and EzFlow.

as an educator for all 3 i can tell you they are not the same!! all 3 have a different feel and workability to them to suit different techs needs.

if you every get chance to try a sample from all 3 you'll see the difference straight away.

HTH

antony

hi sandi,

just to clarify you point....

AII produce 3 different L&P systems - Supernail, IBD and EzFlow.

as an educator for all 3 i can tell you they are not the same!! all 3 have a different feel and workability to them to suit different techs needs.

if you every get chance to try a sample from all 3 you'll see the difference straight away.

HTH

antony

Thanks Antony for clearing this up...... and I am sure I can speak for most of us here, that no one is doubting the standard and skill of any of the EZFow Master Artist Educator, the likes of Jessica Marks and Antony Buckley are held in high esteem.....we where just simply asking who makes their own L&P and who simply sources it, buys it and then labels it......now we know and thanking David taking the time to reply.....and Uncle to pass on his message.....Thanks and have a Voddy and Orange on the house for that xxxx

Latest posts

Back