6 Explosions in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Hope each and every one on you are fine.................I haven't read all the posts on this thread but will do in a mo.

On a lighter note, my sister and I have been frantically trying to contact our mum who's 76yrs of age but marches about like a 36 year old (thank God). We knew she's gone to London today but we couldn't get any reply from her mobile. Finally, at 12.20pm my mums mobile answered but instead of hearing my mums voice, all we could hear was the bingo caller over the loud speaker "Eyes down, look in for a full house". Good old mummy, she'd managed to beat the bombs and make her way to bingo hall in Stratford. Way to go Peggy. xxx

angel fingers said:
my sister has just moved to london and i dont yet have her new phone number. all i know is that she lives in chiswick/shepherds bush area. and has just started her new job at loreal head office. if anyone can tell me if these areas have been affected i'd be so grateful, i dont know how else to contact her.

It's mainly the city and central parts of London which are affected, so hopefully your sister is ok ... does she have a mobile phone or other friends you can contact?

In the meantime, the entire city is totally without public transport until further notice ... no tubes, buses or trains.

lol...bless ya mum kimmie...having her girls running ragged and she was bingoing

NailStyle said:
where have you heard this..? and the polish building on fire....i cant find anything about rome and poland haveing problems.

I was sat watching Sky News until about 12.50 when my 1pm client arrived - they said they couldn't confirm it was related, but there were reports of 50 killed. Only just finished with my client so not sure about any new news.

Good on Kimmi's Mum - Hope she wins!!

Trin
xx

What a terrible thing to happen :cry: - sending all my good wishes and prayers to all who have been affected by this :hug: hoping everyone is safe xxxx

Noodle said:
It's mainly the city and central parts of London which are affected, so hopefully your sister is ok ... does she have a mobile phone or other friends you can contact?

In the meantime, the entire city is totally without public transport until further notice ... no tubes, buses or trains.

thanks noodle, i've no idea of the geography of london and i dont know where the loreal hq is. shes between phones at the mo, but i hope to be able to contact her soon.

Oh bless her I am so pleased she is ok xxx

Love Caz xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Hi All,

Hope each and every one on you are fine.................I haven't read all the posts on this thread but will do in a mo.

On a lighter note, my sister and I have been frantically trying to contact our mum who's 76yrs of age but marches about like a 36 year old (thank God). We knew she's gone to London today but we couldn't get any reply from her mobile. Finally, at 12.20pm my mums mobile answered but instead of hearing my mums voice, all we could hear was the bingo caller over the loud speaker "Eyes down, look in for a full house". Good old mummy, she'd managed to beat the bombs and make her way to bingo hall in Stratford. Way to go Peggy. xxx

My prayers with all of you over there.. Have faith that the cells dont work because of the increased traffic and they said on CNN here in NY that your major carrier has allocated much of the system to emergancy services. Been there done that.. much of the cell connections went thru the World Trade Center as well as ALL of the NY Police and Fire Dept and the Port Authority communication (Port Authority is it's own little gov't that manages all major transportation in NY NJ and CT)

They are increasing our security level as I type here in NY and other major areas of the US. My husband is working AT JKF Airport, 12-16 hour days 7 days a week right now as the union workers that do the fueling are on strike.. so now his life will get worse with the major increase in security.. he was going to come home for a bit tonight but now I doubt that..

It's horrible that these things happens.. Its horrible that it effects not only those in the area of the event, but world wide..

Dave and I both vote for making that whole area a big giant sand box.. Dave also thinks we should just take it over and call it Exxon :) (just a little levity in a bad time..

Again.. my thoughts are with you all.. I know exactly from personal experience how this effects those that live locally..

I'll be keeping CNN on here for the rest of the day..

Peggy rocks!!!

Kimmi, you made me giggle when I read this!

Kimmi Rocks said:
Hi All,

dont know what to say, as everything has already been said.

thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

glad to here the london geeks are ok.

Are there any other London geeks that haven't checked in yet?
glad Ruth n David ok, bin fretting all day with a sick feeling in stomach.
heart goes out to all affecfted, these mindless acts make me sick.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Debz xxx

I can't imagine what those poor people are going through.... after everything has settled down thats when they'll need support, you don't get over something like that very easily at all. Just think of the time they have ahead coming to terms with what has happened.... I admire those who have the courage to fight through it.

On a more positive note as they were saying in the news it could have been a lot worse, chemicals could have been released and all sorts.... not that that is any consolation for those who have been maimed for life both physically and emotionally, nor for those who have lost loved ones......

Mani-fique! said:
On a more positive note as they were saying in the news it could have been a lot worse, chemicals could have been released and all sorts.... not that that is any consolation for those who have been maimed for life both physically and emotionally, nor for those who have lost loved ones......
yes that's true, if it was a chemical attack the effects could have been spread further & lasted longer, but as you say, no consolation for the victims though.

THAT IS RIGHT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES THIS COULD HAVE BEEN NO WORSE! BUT I KNOW WHAT THEY WERE TRYING TO SAY ON THE NEWS.

CAZ XXX

Mani-fique! said:
I can't imagine what those poor people are going through.... after everything has settled down thats when they'll need support, you don't get over something like that very easily at all. Just think of the time they have ahead coming to terms with what has happened.... I admire those who have the courage to fight through it.

angel fingers said:
thanks noodle, i've no idea of the geography of london and i dont know where the loreal hq is. shes between phones at the mo, but i hope to be able to contact her soon.

SHES SAFE !!!!!

Just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by todays evil in london and indeed to all those over the world who have by some way been affected by terroist incidents.I think we all have to remember that,although i'm not religious,there is no such thing as a holy book or religion that states it is right to kill another human being and any terroist that claims "...for God sake" is using that as a rubbish excuse and is not worthy of the religion they say they represent...Any way enough of me getting all emotional and angery with the world.I truely hope all geeks and families are safe and well.x x

angel fingers said:
SHES SAFE !!!!!
Thank heavens Angel Fingers ... that's great news.

sassy. i'm glad your eldest overslept!

Is everyone else okay?

Lots of Love and hugs to all london geeks.

Latest posts

Back