a barbaric way to cure toe nail fungus!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blossey

Reaction score
sounds like the sort of stupid thing my man would do! :eek:

:lol: Mine too, if it shouldn't be there.....he will romove it!

hahahahaha.
come to think of it, i remember my ex used a pocket knife once to cut out some dirt between his nail plate and cuticle. aaaarrrrgggghhhh.
Why do they??? nails are beautiful, keep them that way, everyone see's them.
I went to the shops today and got extremely embarrassed when i looked down while waiting in the checkout que and realised my toe nails were naked:eek:

Hee hee hee!!!

Blokes are strange things sometimes, aren't they? I remember years ago my dad got a blood blister under his nail after he'd trapped it in something. So what did he do? Go off to the doctor's? Nope. He went over to his drilling machine and drilled through his nail to release the pressure and blood. :eek: How lovely.

I think I might have passed out... :o

Blossey - you're exactly the same as me! I can't get over the shame of naked toenails in sandals!!! :hug:

it does actually make sense.....
one of the most expensive treatments for nail infections is "loceril" and in the instructions, they mention "to buff the surface of the nail before application", not only that, you buff the surface everytime you apply it.

At my manicure and pedicure class my teacher told us how she had a client the other day who she knew had a fungal infection. Of course we are not allowed to diagnos so she suggested she make an appointment with her doctor. Unfortunatly in my home town this could take 3-6 weeks to get an appointment with your family doctor. She recommended she soak her feet with antibacterial mouthwash diluted with water (listerine) EVERY day. The client did so faithfully and by the time she saw her doctor 31/2 weeks later it was all cleared up. THis sounded pretty cool to me so I thought I would share.

At my manicure and pedicure class my teacher told us how she had a client the other day who she knew had a fungal infection. Of course we are not allowed to diagnos so she suggested she make an appointment with her doctor. Unfortunatly in my home town this could take 3-6 weeks to get an appointment with your family doctor. She recommended she soak her feet with antibacterial mouthwash diluted with water (listerine) EVERY day. The client did so faithfully and by the time she saw her doctor 31/2 weeks later it was all cleared up. THis sounded pretty cool to me so I thought I would share.

WOW

Yes Listerine (original, the stuff that tastes like ****e) does work, it has anti-bac qualities, (pathogen fighters) and Thymol ( a well known anti fungal) and very cheap also. It does dull polish though:)

Now this sounds like an excellent idea

Warm water i take it????

What this guy did was really not stupid. It is pretty much exactly what a chiropodist would do. It is not in the remit of a nail technician to do it however!! (even though many of us have done it)

The trouble with most topical treatments/creams is that they cannot get to the 'seat' of the infection so they don't work very well UNLESS you remove the lifted toenail OR soak long enough for the 'agents' to get to the site of the infection. This is also the reason that an internal medicine rather than a cream often works better .... but is so SLOW at curing these things.

My mother had a fungal toe nail and after it had been cut down and buffed she applied wait for it Vicks vapour rub on it every night and it worked after a few weeks it had gone :)

wow Listerine sounds great.
Yeah geeg i just cannot fathom the thought of anyone buffing off their nail for any reason. I t was a bit shocking as i'd never heard of this before:eek:

Latest posts

Back